Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Vipers

Discussion in 'Gunner' started by Ring, Aug 24, 2010.

?

best adv avatr top for vipers? PVE

Cartidge Expansion 4 vote(s) 23.5%
Flashbang 5 vote(s) 29.4%
Freeze nade 7 vote(s) 41.2%
neil 8 vote(s) 47.1%
piercing boost 2 vote(s) 11.8%
other 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ring "...that's my role."

so i went back on my viper after finding one of those lvl 45 bowguns that poison proc... and I can save alot more MP now while soloing but I still end up drier than my ranger... how the fuck do u guys save MP? so MP regen stuff help at all ( scholar + avatars) ? or do I just get casting for hair and hat? I really love 20% cast ... reloading nades fast and bullets and shit.

also what's the best adv top for vipers?

(see poll)
  2. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Flash mine for PvP, Cartridge for PvE? I don't know but that's what i'm thinking.
  3. ArtSlay _________________________

What you use the most(bullets?), what benefits the most from a single lv up(proc rate/lv?)
  4. Ring "...that's my role."

all my boolets are lvl 5 I rarely use blaze except on big mobs with flashbang, I usually use ice though. I used to rebuff my boolets AS SOON AS THEY RAN OUTLOL so that pretty much killed my MP in two rooms. Now I can handle shit without having to buff em much, I nkow when I need em now and stuff, also switching to bowguns instead of my +7 musket helped alot, muskets only seem viable to me in PVE up to like lvl 43ish :/ my lvl 5 fastest gun was the only thing that kept me using em :eek:.

@ gReen I have lvl 1 flash mine sooo I dont think +1 flash mine would help much xD. yeah Im thinking cartidge too, I would have +7 extra buffed bullets ... but flash and freeze are very important too , but I guess as long as I have em up to my levle they will almost always proc... any comments on the avatar Artslay?
  5. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Well if your bullets are low leveled, then having more may not be that important.

It's either Flash (for stronger elec and higher chances to elec) or freeze (to keep everything still while you set up stuff on them).
  6. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

If you are using a bowgun as a main... Its more sexy having more pierce you know? shooting like 7 arrows (14 if your lucky with Dual fliker :3) and having all of those pierce till the last enemy its soooo good mang. Otherwise Freeze for high lvl Freeze proc (It helps alot having it above max level).

Cartridge expansion would only be good when 1 point in it gives you like 4 extra bullets (With TP stuff and what not).
  7. ArtSlay _________________________

Flash bang/freeze nade + neil for swap. Piercing doesn't scale that well IMO, 4% increase is flat out 4%, bullets too, otherwise people wouldn't leave them at 5.
  8. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

4% its better than nothing. But it is useful with both muskets and Bowguns you know? hitting 4 to 7 mobs with one bullet its sweet specially if its Freeze bullet. And i already told it that Cartridge for when we get TP and the best bet would be Freeze/Flash Grenade (I liek freeze better :p). Neil? Could be but the move its high risk, high gain (I was stunned out of it in Shadow labs -.-).
  9. Ring "...that's my role."

cartridge expansion and freeze are winning... tough choice, everything I posted on the poll is useful but I would take freeze nades over flash any day, because they save my ass and give me the time to prep some shit up.

and yes 4% is something :x it all adds up, I miss the muskets almost 100 percent pierce but fuck at higher lvl dungeons I feel bowguns are more reliable, should I max aerial fire if I'm sure I'm getting my bowguns are main? I have sooooo much fucking SP leftover with leaving my bullets at 5.
  10. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Don't max aerial . Get it to 1 and use the rest to max steep slide. You will love it.
  11. Ring "...that's my role."

wat, this for pve btw
  12. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Yeah still, have you ever use max steep slide in PvE? It wrecks as a spitfire.
  13. DeathsSinner Cookies~! >:3

Alright so this is my opinion on all of this.

If you are able to, get both Neil and either flash or freeze. I'd go with freeze cause I cannot tell you the amount of times it has saved my life and it's your highest hitting nade too.
    Neil is for your quick sniping. You won't really be sniping that often because it burns your mp like a mother...

As for mp I use both the lv45 musket and the lv45 bowgun (both +7). It may be pricey, but the ability to switch guns when the situation arises is always handy.
    When in a dungeon I mainly use a musket in order to extend the amount of time I get per bullet buff, the power of each shot, and to enhance the power of all my other skills (I.e. Nades, crossmore, etc). While switching to bowgun for those speedy monsters or when I feel like making quick kills.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I wrote on my phone and my hands are going slightly numb xD
  14. Ring "...that's my role."

lol yeah my musket is +7 :x and my bowgun is +0 but it has poison proc, and a nice one too. Currently I just use the musket to snipe the statue thingies from far away :p and fastest gun feeds my speedy needs.

no, demonstration plz
  15. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Aerial Fire+Highlevel Freeze/Blazing Bullet+Critical Pot+Dual Flicker+Bowgun = FUCKING SICK YO!

If i remember correctly Maxed aerial fire with a bowgun where like 15-21 arrows... in one jump >.>. I could make like 3 or 4 jumps before the buff expired.

The only bad thing about it is that if the mob isn't Petrified/Frozen/Have a sick SA/Against a wall, you pretty much only could only hit half of those bullets before you lose sight of the mob :|
  16. DeathsSinner Cookies~! >:3

Lol It's awesome in pvp if you can nail it on your enemy.
    One clip=Dead :3
    I wish I could max it, but I'm maxing blackrose so meh.
  17. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Well i don't have but you don't need a demonstration. It's like having the blue stuff from rising shot sprinkled all over your feet.
  18. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Lol stop smoking so much :confused:
  19. [z]NOFUTURE Worst Mechanic [♪]

I was torn between Cartridge for raw bullet / mana efficiency of getting another shot, but all and all freeze or neil is probably most useful. Higher stun/freeze rate.
  20. Guyoverthere New Member

Neeeccrro.

First thing to note, the best top you can get will be Giraffe. +10 Int all the time for a spit is awesome. Hard to come by yes, save some money or don't like the look? Fine.

Flash Bang needs a lot more love here. It's the bread and butter nade. You're a SpitFIRE. You use blazing bullets and they do fire damage and this conflicts with Ice muthafuckin Nades. Sure, milking the ice block duration is nice at times (especially if you're using C4), but the proc rate is already amazing. Plus, if you're using C4, get a C4 top, stupid. One of the best scaling fixed/physical skills in the game. Flash Bang levels your electrocution % and electrocution damage. Electrocution damage scaling is HUGE and you need to think about this a little harder. Spits pour of massive amounts of burst attacks. Elec is the main reason we do crazy damage at times. Add 3 players to your party, and they're all benefiting from those stronger elec ticks that are coming up more and more often. May I also note that the game makes it harder for your bullets to pierce through ice blocks? Yeah.

Grab +Neil for a switch. It's just useful since you only have to switch at MOST, every 45s, can cast the skill and switch to the top before you start firing, and you'll still get the extra level/stun status.

As for Aerial Fire, it's an amazing max. +5% phys. damage per level, and the extra shots get you through 3-4 clips without dealing with 6-8 delayed draw speeds (before the first x, before the last x) which really slow down your rate of fire. Further supported by ele. bullets now coming in larger clips, and faster rates of fire (and much higher % damage overall even when you factor the last groun attack deals much more) makes Dual Flicker a lot scarier. Which in turn, makes the amount of elec. procs a lot higher, and the amount of damage those each do, and how often you will inflict the status more cosnsistently...far more crucial.

Holy synergy, batman! Or...get a little bit more damage, a tad more proc on an almost-always procs, and .10s higher duration, when you're probably only going to use it for a second or less before blazethawing everything.

Add in some Ancient Memory maxing, and you've got yourself a monster.

Also forgot, why on earth would you want to add 1-2 bullets, when you could make ALL your bullets stronger? +1 Blazing > +1 Cart
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.