Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

The Black Screen of Nothing.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Archie, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Archie Mexocan

I somehow got my hands on a vista with (theoretically) better stats than my other computers, but... when I try to run DFO, all I see is a black screen with an occasional random box or (sprite if I manage to blindly go into a channel to select a character) appear somewhere on my screen for one frame.

What the hell is happening. ._. When I check for this computer's stats, this computer said it has a Windows Experience Index of 3, a something I would assume is more than good enough to run DFO.

I just googled for the name of the graphics card, and lol. What google is telling me so far is that it's a shit graphics card. Now how does that get a score of 3? But is the shitty SiS Mirage 3 Graphics not good enough for DFO, or is there something else I might be overlooking?
  2. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Try running dxdiag (Start -> Run -> dxdiag). Some things to look for: DirectX version, DirectDraw and Direct3D test.
  3. Archie Mexocan

While a little more research points out that it's actually not a graphics card... I guess the problem is answered already. It's funny seeing how the other computers I've used can run DFO with their integrated graphics stuff.

The direct X version is 10...

Directdraw and direct 3d accelleration are enabled, it says...
  4. Girl's Generation 당신을 사랑하십시오 ♥

5. AntiZig New Member

if you can, try running in windowed mode, if not try compatibility mode for lower version of win. if it's not a graphics card then it's something like drivers o.x
  6. Archie Mexocan

Lol I realised I worded it funny. A user from yahoo answers answering a question similar to mine said that it wasn't a proper card for gaming, since it isn't standalone like the graphics card a usable gaming computer would have. But, that doesn't explain how my other computers with older integrated graphics card can run DFO (though they certainly don't do well in full parties)

The only user on this comp is an admin lol. In window mode, it wasn't any different. This graphics card is teh lols, I figure.

I'll see if compatability mode changes anything

EDIT: Yes, compatability mode changes something... Change it worse.

[IMG]

EDIT: I just realised what "run as adminstrator" meant on a vista... No, it doesn't change a thing.
  7. Girl's Generation 당신을 사랑하십시오 ♥

i think i had this problem before. Go to nexon forums and search in AHNHS

[IMG]
  8. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Alright stop with the Korean girl bullshit right now.
  9. Archie Mexocan

None of the posters seem to have the exact same problem. Try again.

Those people can't start DFO. I can start DFO, and everything works perfectly EXCEPT the screen will stay black, with an occasional broken sprite appear somewhere on the screen. All of the controls are working, but it's literally playing DFO with a blindfold.
  10. Gloomy dicks

How are you running DX10? Mirage 3 shouldn't support that (lol). Try downgrading to DX9.
  11. AntiZig New Member

It leads me to believe you have awakened your computer as Asura o.o

On the other hand, try upgrading the drivers (usually from the vendors website if it's integrated, at least that's how it was for dell last time I remember)
    Funny that antihack doesn't let run in compatibility :(

I'm at a loss after that, if downgrading DX doesn't help try nexon support x.x
  12. Archie Mexocan

lolwut. DX9 didn't work the first time I tried, so I upgraded.
  13. Gloomy dicks

Honest to god: that part is listed on the manufacturer's page as DX9-compliant. Vista requires DX10, I think?
  14. Archie Mexocan

Eh, I dunno. All I've figured is that this machine is fucked unless I get myself a standalone graphics card/
  15. AntiZig New Member

it might be possible to fix it if you just install XP on that machine
    vista and win7 while nice looking don't add anything good