Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Soul Bender Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Slayer' started by MasPan, May 2, 2010.

1. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Yea the tooltip has a lot of faults. If your not fully certain about the keiga thing to talk to Maspan (ign MenosPan) and he will likely give you a thorough understanding.

For AM, 20 is plenty of time to set up with your strongest attacks and awakening. 250 sp is indeed a lot but people make room for it. My asura stacks int hardcore and roughly triples my fixed damage with all my buffs active. The skill can be abused for so many options. This isn't like a nice boost that brings your dps up slightly. This is a huge burst that makes your cubes kill shit.

Edit: "Reduces your physical and magical damage" Probably forgot to add 'taken' to the end of that.
  2. Ring "...that's my role."

Soul Benders are awesome, but my build drains a shitload of MP D:
  3. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Everyone make fun of ring because he doesn't have max Kazan.
  4. Fhyve New Member

5. Vibe 8===D~~ O:

in my honest opinion, i wouldn't get blache at all(i regret spending 240 sp on it)
    i've done blache's damage with kalla and kalla alone, and there's been way too many times where the 2 seconds worth of casting time ended up getting cancelled

and kalla's finisher is 2 hits per attack, so it would be 200%x2, 300%x2, 600%x2, which i would say scales higher than phantasmal
  6. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I've gotten a lot of use out of Blache simply for his spawn pool. But agreed, it's hard to get high damage out of him.
  7. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Out of curiousity. Does it require casting speed gear besides the cloth armor base to get all the ghosts on the table before blanche takes a bite?
  8. Ring "...that's my role."

I dont think so, I only had +22 CSPD on my reaper and ghosts werent much of a different while casting, only noticed the difference abit on keiga but... still I dont see much difference...ofcoruse Im no maspan with full cast shit and rare avas sooo I dont know if it would make a difference whe nu get over 20 cspd.
  9. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I actually don't wear full cspd gear - the only armor piece of mine with cspd is my belt. I could easily have at least 10% more cspd with cspd armor.
  10. Ring "...that's my role."

ah ok... i should stalk you harder then...

soooo am I right about the difference of casting? .-.
  11. Vibe 8===D~~ O:

you can usually summon every ghost before blache comes out
    if that doesn't work for you, use keiga and kalla as the first 2 sacrifices
  12. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

erm...Keiga and Kazan is the best way to start off. Cast Keiga 30 seconds before you plan to use Blache, then kazan right before for the +INT. Then go from there.
  13. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

MenosPan Lv60 PvE/PvP Hybrid Soul Reaper Build (Max Moonlight Slash)
    [IMG]
    So, I decided to take a rather unique step as a Soul Bender: I maxed MLS at the cost of lv 5 Ghost Slash. Drive will be at 7 (spare points work better in Drive than in Gslash). I really don't recommend the decision to the average Soul Bender, but someone who knows what they're doing can really benefit from it. It was really more of a change to fit my playstyle than anything else. Also, note:
    GslashDrive (maxed Gslash/Drive) > MLS > Gslash for DPM without any cooldown mods. Max MLS at the cost of Gslash+Drive is NOT a DPM decision, rather one of mobility/spammability. I'm losing a high damage move for consistent DPS.

As for the cancel, it opens up some interesting combo opportunities (mostly useful for hitting with all 3 hits of MLS on a gravity'd target, also useful for trying to proc weapon effects)

I also have plans for end-game equipment (not yet available to my knowledge) that further justify me maxing MLS, but I won't get into that here.

Feel free to comment, but know that, while I will take note, the build change was already made. I'm not 60 yet, so I have some SP to play around with, but MLS is already lv 20 for me. While I appreciate any advice, my decision was made after a lot of planning and research, and is a very well-informed one - I'm not likely to change my build.
  14. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

15. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

16. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

No thats the asura thread. Also nobody responded to my other build except for Rdogg.
  17. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Well it looks like an awakening centred build. It looks solid i'd say, but I personally like my tombstone to kill shit.
  18. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Is there really any point to low leveled tombstone? It's fixed damage, so not leveling it will have it to shit damage to anything that isn't Lv.35 or so.

Also, why isn't Fear of Darkness maxed? Seems like a good passive to me, with its shadow resistance and attack speed lowering stuff.
  19. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

iirc the atk speed reduc is lowered in pvp.
  20. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves