Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

SeriaBot skill template modification almost complete

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by LHCGreg, Jun 6, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Actually implementing it, that is. I've changed the <var 1> stuff to use human-defined variables if available, added subclass categorization, moved SP per level outside the tables to Basic Data, and moved cube consumption outside the table to Basic Data. All that's left is making the tables look nicer. I'll probably finish and run the bot to make those changes on the wiki tomorrow. Here is a sample what the articles will look like. If you have any suggestions for skill articles that the bot can do, now's a good time to say them.
  2. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

So far so good. Good job greg, after this whats the next thing for the wiki?
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Probably equips if I can figure out what's different between equip files that actually get used and can drop from monsters and equips that are left from old versions or whatever.
  4. HellMuT mite b cool

If you can't, we can always manually sort it. Of course that'll take longer :>
  5. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Skill articles have received their makeover, go take a look.
  6. AntiZig New Member

Hi there, I know I'm new on this website and sorry for necro posting. I was wondering, if we/I could edit the skills tables to be more mm readable? cause at the moment they all look like a huge column, not very pleasant.
    I've already bothered hellmut with this, he said my editing was very similar to dfo world. I checked >.> yes it is, but is that a big problem?
    If it is can we come up with an alternative?
  7. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

It looks basically the same as it is now except horizontal instead of vertical. I don't have a problem with it.
  8. AntiZig New Member

heh, just to clarify, you don't have a problem with the current state of affairs or the horizontal edit I'm suggesting?
    I think it's easier to read when it's horizontally arranged. Plus, looks nicer

Also, since I read that the tables are bot generated, if I manual edit them will that affect the bot in case of skill updates/etc?
  9. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I agree that it looks better horizontal.

The tables on the articles for each individual skill (Flamethrower, Silver Bullet, etc) are bot-generated and should not be manually edited. The tables on the articles for each class (Fighter, Nen Master, etc) are human-created and can be edited.
  10. AntiZig New Member

One more question:
    I noticed that 1-18 skill pages have the table headers properly filled out example
    While after advancement skills do not, still lister as <var1...>, example

Was this something done by hand or was this bot generated?
    If this was done via bot, would it be possible to update the rest of the skill tables to have proper headers?
    If not I guess we can get started on doing it manually
  11. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Articles that do not have <var 1>, etc in the table headers are just articles that no one has gotten to yet. The articles generated by the bot have <var 1> by default, but generate markup using a Variables extension such that humans can add code replacing the variables with nice user-friendly text without being overwritten by future bot runs. Take a look at the Zanbato Mastery article's wiki markup to see how it works. It should be readily apparent from that how to change the variable text for skill articles are still lacking friendly variable replacements.

In case the comments did not make it obvious, any bot text will be between <!-- begin SeriaBot --> and <!-- end SeriaBot -->.
  12. AntiZig New Member

ahh alright I see, that's very nifty. I'll try one then put it off till I'm done with dungeons :p