Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Pvp is getting real bad

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by ArtSlay, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ArtSlay _________________________

Is it obvious enough now? Scrub.

Plus it's from over 2months ago, why necro it? Though things hasn't changed much since.
  2. Deus flyingdogg

1st page isnt necroing. unless thats some kind of special SSA thing.
    and thanks for verifying that i quoted you correctly, gg.
  3. ArtSlay _________________________

Apparently +12 everything isn't enough to be called gear carry. GG for you I guess?
  4. Merryem Trollololol

NICE NECRO MAN :|
  5. VariousGuy Dead Guy

1. ArtSlay didn't Necro.

2. Last post was two months ago. I think that counts as a necro. Then again, I dunno.

Also how to win: +12 weapon, +10 everything else, skill (optional).

Skill < Gear. Gear with skill however.....
  6. Merryem Trollololol

Hmm maybe I'm stupid and confused this with a thread in Beserk Rageez.

trollface you have done me no good. :trollface:
  7. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

My gear sucks and I beat people with good gears. You don't know any better I guess.
  8. ArtSlay _________________________

Beat yourself with +10 everything, with +0 everything.
  9. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Thats kind of a dumb statement. Skill between players changes the outcome of the win, gear is a variable addative.
    Sure I can beat a person if my upward slash did 1.4k like a +13 Shonnan, but it wouldn't mean much if my opponent could evade that and do 30k in comboing.

You need a less powerful weapon to deal more damage before the damage limit comes. That is why monks and spitfires can out damage others with simple combos, their single hit damage is not as high.
  10. ArtSlay _________________________

Wth? You implied you have crap gear and you can beat people with good gear, so you must have skill. So when 2 person have the same level of skill the one with better gear wins, correct? What's not to understand?

And no, everyone can juggle for the same, it's the hits after you reach damage limit that counts. Spit completely ignore the protection and fire away, reset with a nade for even more damage. Monk deals some quick heavy hits at the end of their air juggle.
  11. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

You can deal more damage in total by doing less per hit. If you don't believe that then I have no point in arguing with you.
  12. VariousGuy Dead Guy

What Blanix is saying is true. I remember fighting this one Bludgeon Weapon Master, and when he fought my Zerk, he'd switch to that unique dark bludgeon. I forgot what it's called. Anyways, it does less damage to me, but I'm bouncing all over the place much more than him using a neutral element bludgeon.
  13. ArtSlay _________________________

That's true, if you don't know how to adjust your combo accordingly. If you use a +10 weapon and do combos as if you were using +0, of course it will trigger protection and you can't do shit.

Plus, any poke/standing combo from a +10 weapon > +0 weapon.

And good gear doesn't limit to upgrades. Special effects(stun/freeze/stone/whatever) and bonus(aspd, mspd, cspd etc) can all be lethal.

All in all, good gear > bad gear when the person has same level of skill. You can't argue with this can you? And that's the point.
  14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

All the noobs in basic, all the gear carried in expert, hardly anyone worth pvping anymore. +12 seem to be the standard.

And I suppose your point was not to make it sound like well geared people are not good enough to play without the gear?

I'd also like to point out that, low level weaponry to extend the damage limit does not need to cost real money. You apear to have disregarded that and made it sound like there are better weapons that do less damage. Procs generally ruin combos that last that long, so even with fancy weapons, it still doesn't make a huge difference, infact it makes it worse.

There is no such poke/standing combo that can outlast a air juggle for damage. (excluding the only skill in the game that makes that possible, which will be patched to not be possible, shadow clone)

Still want to argue with me? I enjoy a good debate.
  15. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

You can't just say gear > skill but it does sway the fight a lot. If i catch my opponent in a combo 3 times and he's still not dead then he gets an approach on me and one combos me, you can't really say he is the better player. He's just got better gear which, in this scenario, made him beat a person with more skill than him (I'm speaking hypothetically of course). But someone without skill and +12 gears will get beat by a really skilled player. The thing is most people don't make an investment like that without having skill. Example of gear carried play: MonkEmagic. Hero 8 monk with a +13 shoulder and highly upgraded gears and a +12 weapon. He wasn't that good, a little above average player could beat him, but he won mostly because of his insane defence and high damage. ALSO ZZiCC or w/e. I g2g now
  16. ArtSlay _________________________

Some procs are debatable, but things like stun, elec, confusion are just good to have. And a rare/unique weapon often comes with good bonus like aspd, mspd, + skill level, it adds up quickly.

I can poke with NWS all day and knock off 1/5-1/4 of someone's hp in one match, and I'm only using a +3 hyakumaru. Gimme a +12 white heat I can easily double that amount, half hp gone by just NWS poking, hell yeah.

And do you even know the point of standing combo? It's to do as much damage as possible before you launch them, and then follow up with a air juggle. I like how a monk can standing combo me for 2/5 my hp, and another 2/5 with air juggle.
  17. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

I say just get better gear and stop bitching or do what most of here do get more skill. You make it seem like rocket science. Ill just give you a perfect example and then walk away.

Syrax vs anyone. I've yet to see syrax pull out his mechs to kill people and ive been playing against and with him for the past month or so. So when i hear you QQ about + 12gear and shit being overpowered it just means you may not be the best skilled player to deal with that. But someone else on the other hand does not see that as a problem.

So all in all. If you dont like it either get more + on your equips. If you do not have the money. Become an even more skilled player to deal with +12 or whatever type of players.

P.S. Pvp has been dead for nearly a few days or more or less after that patch for tower. such a sad month it will be.
  18. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Waiting for comments about mechs.
  19. Deus flyingdogg

mechs in general or syrax? because they're on different levels.