Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Launcher Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gunner' started by MasPan, May 9, 2010.

1. Archie Mexocan

-Heavy Firearm Mastery, getting 10 levels for -30% MP cost of subweapons. Do you recommend it?
    I would. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of MP pots just to play

-Is maxing Quantum Bomb/Stinger
    Quantum is very MP efficient, and it electrocutes =D Stinger's damage potential depends on the size of the monsters though, the bombs are spread too far apart.

-Is Steyr worth maxing?
    Very

-Are any of the subweapon cancels needed for a PvE build?
    They're only needed for a launcher who juggles with subweapon crusher. Those launchers are actually terrible for PvE.

-Is Physical Crit a good idea?
    Power build anyone?
    http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=launcher#150:uNfwCkwXfuVkvPq9Lk9NkvOnvLlwMhvQbvUgwVdwEc
    This supposedly nets the most DPM because it has all of your important damage skills maxed. Everything else ignored as this launcher is purely offensive support, so there is room for BOTH critical passives
  2. ArtSlay _________________________

After reset I don't have heavy firearm mastery anymore, and the difference is pretty huge. After all it's 30% mp reduction. But again it's just some mp pots, I'd much prefer more power than save some mp.
    Quantum is one of the best launcher skills. Low cool down, high damage, big area at high level, electrocution, Y axis etc. Definitely max.
    Most people leave stinger at one or just don't get it at all. It's nice, but not as good as your other options.
    Steyr is good for anything, really. Max.
    Cancels are not needed for pve, generally.
    Physical crit is nice if you think you have enough SP for it after max main attacks. Don't forget to chuck sharp eye potions before every nuke for best result. Physical rear crit is also recommended if you max physical crit.
  3. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

4. Archie Mexocan

5. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Lv 15 rising costs around 21 mp, does 506% damage, and has low c/d. It also is extremely useful for manual BBQ, even in PvE, to set up a charged laser. It also is one of few attacks AT THIS TIME that can carry a weapon proc. The cancel isn't really necessary - I'd recommend backstep cancel before it, since you can drag the cannon's hitbox with backstep cancel.
  6. Archie Mexocan

^ Maspan is one of the weirdos who would recommend rising shot for PvE. He has his points for recommending rising shot though...

If you're a launcher who doesn't mind getting too close to provide support fire, it sounds like something you can invest in
  7. CasualHero New Member

mas is not the only one. Max rising is very useful. i would get the cancel too
  8. ArtSlay _________________________

I'm third. Decent level of rising(10+) makes you so much more versatile in different situations. How high you want it to be depends on how much power you'd sacrifice.
  9. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Trust me when I say it's one of my most-used skills at this point. The only real downside is that it doesn't get buffed by Eagle Eye/Heavy Firearm Mastery, though Cannon Ball (the alternative spammable % skill) doesn't either.
  10. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

11. Thuvian Member

Which is better for PVE Uranium Cannon or Dream Caster? And why?

VariousGuy has presented the stats for the weapons (I didn't at the time because I thought everyone was aware of them). However, I'd still like some opinions on which one is favored and why, if anyone would be so kind.
  12. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Uranium Cannon inflicts light damage and gives a point to Quantum Bomb.
    Dream Caster inflicts neutral damage, gives a point in Eagle Eye, and casts sleep 3% of the time on the attacked target.

Target that stands still = easy Quantum Bomb/whatever else you wanna dish out. Also, Eagle Eye makes all of your skills hit harder and hit easier.
  13. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

The reason I don't recommend Dream Caster is Priest Patch. Once it arrives, ALL skills have a chance to proc status effects from weapons. Proc'ing sleep from (M) Fire Pillar, Gatling, Laser Rifle, etc is generally bad in PvE, as the remaining hits will just fly over the target. This is especially bad with Laser Rifle, where you might not even see that the target was asleep.
  14. serneed New Member

yeah even now before PP i find sleep can cause minor issues with crusher. crusher causes weopon procs and if i get a sleep proc on the crusher for say laser, the laser will shoot right over. On a less important note it also causes pillar>bbq/punisher to fail with a sleep proc on crusher. no idea why this is.
  15. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I guess the Uranium Cannon's starting to look very good now. D:
  16. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Well, +1 Quantum Bomb is...delicious. I love the extra range and electrocution chance.
  17. Ridureyu Old Man

Its only drawback is the light damage, which means that you will be completely screwed against Lumi.
  18. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Not really, considering you're not going to be XX'ing against Lumi. Yes, Quantum does a bit less damage, but it's better than nothing. Fire Pillar is what's truly useful, if you can catch all the clones and him at the same time with the hitstun (mostly prevents them from flashing).
  19. LtDrebin New Member

My male launcher is a lvl 42 and he's using that power build. I cannot recommend a point in subweapon crusher enough, though. If an enemy gets close, using steyr will knock him back by the weapon draw, and then will get knocked back again by the missile hit. The delayed explosion usually gives you enough time to fire a fully charged laser right afterwards. Another bonus is that you get 1 level in the gatling gun. It will be doing pathetic damage, but it can lock some enemes in hitstun (the sewer princess in Spider is no problem as she gets hitstunned very easily). Also, you can use it to launch some enemies VERY high and VERY far away, which is fun to do and tactically advantageous, but impractical unless you have BBQ or a higher level in jack/marilyn or rising shot.

I spent the extra 30 points I had on backstep (no cancel necessary). Windmill would be another worthwhile investment along with quick rebound.