Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

IRC Channel

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, May 2, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

The Super Sword Action IRC channel can be found at #superswordaction on SorceryNet (irc.sorcery.net).

If you don't have an IRC client like XChat or don't know how to use one, you can connect to the chat using this link:

Super Sword Action IRC

The IRC channel does have rules. In addition to the usual forum rules:

Do not steal other people's nicknames or impersonate other people.
  2. Soushin The Novice

Freenode apparently no longer supports mibbit.
  3. FenixStryk Member

Maybe we could have one in GameSurge?
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Ugh, not GameSurge. I hate GameSurge, with their non-standard services. I might look into moving to a network that does support Mibbit if Freenode doesn't support it.

I find it a little odd that Freenode permits connecting via Tor but not Mibbit. Apparently it's because Mibbit wasn't being very responsive to Freenode with abuse reports and such.

Edit: Good news, Freenode has its own Mibbit-like client. It doesn't look as nice as Mibbit, but it's functional.
  5. Jacky Hottest Asian ;]

We should get a vent server if possible. Would be fun chatting with everyone hahaha.
  6. Ring "...that's my role."

I second this, having to tell people GET ON SKYPE NGR gets anoying having to make group calls and shit :/

Wouldnt the vent server cost money though?
  7. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Mumble is an open-source voice chat program similar to Ventrilo. I have never used it, but running a Mumble server on SSA is a possibility if it doesn't take up too much server resources.
  8. Dice Dragon Level 46 Manzer Brodor

That would be really awesome greg!
  9. Ring "...that's my role."

Well would it hurt trying it out ? :)
  10. Lolicon Worst. Battlemage. Ever.

The main beef I have with freenode is the fact that usernicks never seen to expire, one of the ones I wanted to use hasn't been used in 3 years -w-
  11. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Voice chat seems good for a smaller group but it'd get hectic when more people get on with it :|
    IRC is already hard for me to read at peak times, imagine a dozen or so people all talking at once?!
    @_@
  12. saccharin That one crazy witch

That's why you have different channels, so that people can talk in groups.
  13. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

The IRC channel does have rules. In addition to the usual forum rules:

Do not steal other people's nicknames or impersonate other people.
  14. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

The captcha on the web chat is new and beyond my control because it's on Freenode's site. If you don't like the captcha, you can download an IRC client. Clients for Windows include mIRC (shareware/nagware), xChat (free/open source), and kvIRC (free/open source). Using an IRC client that's installed on your computer is generally a better experience than the web chat anyway, so I recommend it if you're regularly on the channel.
  15. Heidi Member

Another one worth mentioning is Chatzilla. Personally I don't really like it because I consider the interface a bit ugly, but I know others have no problem with it. It is a plugin for FireFox, so if you like that sort of thing, then this may be the client for you.

I use kvIRC, but it takes a lot of patience of going through menus and options to get it looking good as the defaults are very strange (But it's extremely customizable and the scripting language has nice syntax). I'd not reccomend it for an inexperienced user/ impatient person. :(