Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Battle Mage Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Shirobon, May 8, 2010.

1. Shirobon Wizard Of Orz

Just leaving this here, i'll possibly edit this post with a delicious pile of Battle Mage information.

Feel free to discuss everything Battle Mage here.
  2. firecraker Member

too bad i wanted to start it but anyways so info

poles = faster ; lower damage ; shorter range
    spears = slower ; higher damage ; longer range
    rods = super fast ; very low damage ( if it's a level 40 +11 purple or pink it's going to have same damage as level 40 spear) ; very short range ; makes casting faster and cool down shorter
    staves = super slow ; medium damage ; same range as pole
  3. aether New Member

I refuse to acknowledge anything but Poles and Spears.
  4. FenixStryk Member

Those are really the only two choices for a Battle Mage, and that's if you want to get technical.

Go Pole or go home.
  5. Shirobon Wizard Of Orz

There's always the beam spear. I used that before the 50 cap when it was rarer. Average attack speed + the 5% bonus is not that far away from pole.
  6. Thrash Seek and Destroy

PvE battlemage (spear) scenario: maxing 3 chasers (light shadow fire) good or bad idea? My build has room for it.
  7. 13Red New Member

I think water chaser might be better than light for pve?
  8. Bixlow Chill Cat

Water gives defense buff. Light gives Attack Speed. Attack Speed is win for both PvP and PvE.

Also, Light Chasers knock enemies upwards. Makes for easier juggling and combos.
  9. firecraker Member

what items do i need for awakening?
  10. Kevin New Member

50 terranite, 10 white cubes, 10 red cubes, 100 superior hardeners, 100 superior irons.
  11. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

You also have to clear relic and vilmark 5 times each, so have enough spirit crystals and dark cube frags to compensate for failure runs.
  12. FenixStryk Member

Behold! The Stabbing Wheel Battle Mage!

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...uOkvDfuF8wVbvKkwP8uHbuJsuGbuIquNdwUbwQbwSbwTi

Made with the following Priest Patch changes in mind:
    Free Backstep Cancel/Uppercut Cancel
    Lv10 Disenchant (simulated w/ Ancient Library)

34% Physical Crit after Shadow Chaser, maximum fixed damage from Stabbing Wheel and increased Stabbing Speed with all the general amenities of a standard BM PvP build, save Palm Blast/Full Swing Cancel.

I'm doing it. Just you watch.
  13. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

^^so are u going to spam it
  14. FenixStryk Member

I spam it all the time in my combos as it is. Now my combos will just hit harder and have a lot more crit behind it.
  15. FenixStryk Member

Erm, I was wondering if I could improve my Bread & Butter combo any? I recorded it:

I believe it's Uppercut Charge-Palm Uppercut Wheel (OTG) Uppercut Palm, with Chasers throughout.
    Input would be appreciated.
  16. Tsukuruya ...

Without a chaser lineup at start, try this:

Weapon Uppercut -> Chaser Launcher (Light) -> Palm Blast (non-charged) -> x -> Dragon Fang -> Weapon Uppercut -> Launcher Chaser (Fire) -> xx -> Stabbing Wheel -> run back -> Launcher Chaser (Water)

Launch Chaser (Water) on the right time = reset... Otherwise you're safe from any counter/wake-up attacks from running back...
  17. Gaiety Vicious Yetituff

You've gone so long relying on a "BnB" combo? By now you should have already switched over to just doing combos by improvision, really.

Anyway, to answer your question, when you used Stabbing Wheel you could easily have done X DragonFang Palm/Upper, for one.
  18. Tsukuruya ...

A set combo guideline still is good, it'll lead to improvising later on at your Battle Mage career... As for the combo thing, I think he should implement more "x" attack in his usual combo strings... At least it'll give him a sense of judgment on why "cancels" are so darn important...
  19. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

FUSION CHASER D:< *QQ i probally wont even get it bc it needs (according to wat i saw in the video) oppossite chasers (fire.water) (light,dark) to create that swirl kinda like a ying yang and i run nuetral, light =_=*
    http://www.jushiw.com/index.php/search/tagid/11050
    [IMG]

and lul stick>slam :3 (i will get this just for the shockwave xD)
    [IMG]
  20. Rawrrr Bitch.

Apparantly Fusion Chaser works just like Chaser Launcher, and forces a reset. It also hitstuns, so it should extend BMs standing combos.

The other skill is decent since it doesn't knockdown, so should help again with those standing combos.