Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Emails from the site may get marked as spam

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, May 2, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Email from a server is really hard to get working and without email providers marking your server's email as spam. Check your spam folder for registration confirmation emails and such. If you're having trouble registering because the confirmation email isn't even appearing in your spam folder, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and I'll manually confirm you within 24 hours.

I've had some reports that ymail addresses aren't getting emails at all. I recommend not using a ymail address if you have more than one email address.

Update 5/14/2010: New users no longer need to do the email confirmation.
  2. Dice Dragon Level 46 Manzer Brodor

I use MSN/Hotmail and it put it in my general inbox, if that helps.
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I've had some reports that ymail addresses aren't getting emails at all. I recommend not using a ymail address if you have more than one email address. Again, if you don't get the confirmation email at all, not even your spam folder, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and I can manually set your account as confirmed.
  4. saccharin That one crazy witch

Confirming Dice's comment, got mine in hotmail within a few seconds.
  5. Infection Cool story, bro

GMail works perfectly, guys! (So does hotmail/live, yes.)
  6. Archie Mexocan

wait, ymail, as in Yahoo?

I found my registration email in the spam folder, honestly. I use Yahoo
  7. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Email confirmation has been disabled. It isn't really needed because the combination of captcha + custom question seems to stop spambots. Also, I've manually confirmed the four users that were awaiting confirmation.
  8. chiisana Noobtacular

We are now routing emails through Google, with all appropriate markings configured.
    This should help drastically reduce the false positive spam detection.