Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Clear rules for IRC

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Heidi, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heidi Member

I'm banned indefinitely on IRC, and I'm not really happy about that. I wasn't even given a proper warning.

I posted something dramaish that had been PM'ed to me on the forum that I didn't like. Yeah, ok. I broke the drama rule. I have been trolled and harrassed in that channel many times. The people that do that get nothing for it. Not saying I shouldn't have gotten some ban for what I said, but is being banned indefinitly not a bit excessive?

So yeah, can we please just have some clear rules are about what the punishments are and how long bans are and whether or not warnings should be given so that it isn't based upon the current emotional state of the person giving the ban and who it is, but instead is a fair system?

I don't want to be told this falls under "Moderators discretion". That is not reasonable. And there is no way I can appeal it if that is the case, as Grag is the only one who has a say in the channel. Dictatorship leads to power abuse and favourites, and stuff.

Not really a "whining" thread, but more just a request for a more formal system in place where it is desperately needed.
  2. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

You have been given LOTS of warnings. Just because I haven't decided on a ban length doesn't mean it's forever.

No. I feel that IRC would be better governed if ops have the freedom to do as they see fit rather than being constrained by a rigid set of rules and punishments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.