Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

audio.xml - Complete music and sound customization without limits

Discussion in 'DFO Modding' started by Tomato, Jun 14, 2010.

1. LtDrebin New Member

I got rid of the sounds by using the DNF extractor (look at the sticky) to use an alternate sound pack. I created a blank .wav file (which was a chore because Windows sound recorder only saves out as .WMA) and I used that to replace the gun_load1, gun_load2, gun_load3, gun_reload, gun_in, bowgun_load1, bowgun_load2, bowgun_load3, bowgun_reload, and bowgun_in files with the blank one. Now the towns are click-free.

It would be much easier to just edit the audio.xml, but until using it is added to the control panel, keeping DFO from auto-updating it is too much of a hassle.

I'm going to have to replace the Rising Fist sound with Shoryuken. And Nen Cannon with Metsu Hadouken. This is going to be fun.
  2. Psycho K Kaeoseki

Cool stuff. Music changes seem to work fine for me, but I've not been lucky with effects. For example, here's an early one I wanted to change:

Code:
    <EFFECT ID="BUTTON_02" FILE="customsounds\UI\wave_radiation.wav"/>
    That sound plays when you click the button to enter a channel. "wave_radiation.wav" is just Asura's Wave Radiation skill sound renamed. The file certainly exists where I said it does and has sound.

More sounds that I believe don't work at all (harder to test) are these replacements:

Code:
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_COUNT_1" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\count_1.wav" VOLUME_ADJUST="0" PRIORITY="0"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_COUNT_2" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\count_2.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_COUNT_3" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\count_3.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_FIGHT" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\fight.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_DRAW" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\draw.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_LOSE" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\you_lose.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_WIN" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\you_win.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_FINISH_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\finish.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_FINISH_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\finish.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_FIRST_ATK" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\first_attack.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_KILL_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\KO.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_KILL_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\KO.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BACK_ATK" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\back_attack.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_OVERKILL" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\overkill.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_COUNTER" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\counter.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_DOUBLE_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\double.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_DOUBLE_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\rapid_attacks.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_COMBO" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\combo.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_AIRIAL" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\aerial.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\oh_no.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\oh_no.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_03" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\no.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_04" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\watch_out.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_05" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\aw_man.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_06" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\uh_oh.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_BAD_07" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\yikes.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_1GOOD_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\nice.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_1GOOD_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\wicked.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_1GOOD_03" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\great.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_2GOOD_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\fantastic.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_2GOOD_02" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\excellent.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_2GOOD_03" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\unbelievable.wav"/>
    <EFFECT ID="HK1_3GOOD_01" FILE="customsounds\NA\announcer\male\all_right.wav"/>
    These are all of the male PvP voices renamed appropriately. What's going wrong?
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Have you gotten any sound effects to change successfully? Your custom sounds are not in an .npk, right?
  4. Psycho K Kaeoseki

They all originally existed in an NPK. I extracted those WAVs from their respective NPKs, renamed them, and put them in a "customsounds" directory in the C:/Nexon/DFO folder. customsounds does not get swapped with SoundPacks or anything like that (if that was what you were asking?).

As said, successful changes were with music. Specifically, these two:

Code:
    <MUSIC ID="M_CHARACTER_SELECT" FILE="music\characterSelectStage_new.ogg" LOOP_DELAY="0"/>
    <MUSIC ID="M_PVP_01" FILE="customsounds\music\pvp_counter.ogg" LOOP_DELAY="0"/>