Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

A taste of DragonNest for your eyes and ears

Discussion in 'Dragon Nest' started by FenixStryk, Jun 21, 2010.

1. serneed New Member

is this downloadable to us now? even if i had to play in asian....which i dont read
  2. Tempo Tasteless

ITs not vindictus. ITs Dragon Nest.

And its not out in the US, but you can get a korean nexon account and play the beta like Fenix and I did.
  3. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Vindictus is a whole different game.

Both by Nexon though.
  4. Running Wild SMASHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Can you customize your characters to look however you want?

I really don't want to be a silver haired bish. :(
  5. Tempo Tasteless

You get to pick hair/eye/face and colors for each. You can then pick generic clothes (Tpy 1 looks this way, type 2 looks another). You can buy avatars though. Equips dont change your look except for your weapon
  6. Running Wild SMASHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Well that's good.

But I still wish they were manlier looking. :(

I'm gonna feel like I'm playing Ragnarok Online again with the kawaii desu chibi characters.
  7. Tempo Tasteless

Palidan and LK were manly in RO ;_;
  8. Running Wild SMASHAAAAAAAAA!!!

They were, until you ran into one with a really, really, stupid looking hat.

HERP DERP ANGELING HAT HUR HUR HUR.
  9. Rdogg Code Kirin

Fullfurrypirestavatars.png there tengu i killed priests for you.

on 2nd thought being a mantiger is badass.
  10. HellMuT mite b cool

Fenix's FPS will drop to 1 when people start spamming their awakenings in DN.
  11. FenixStryk Member

There are two versions currently: The Korean version with the 40-cap, and the Japanese version with (IIRC) a Lv24 cap.

The Korean version is hard to sign up for (you need a KSSN and phone-call confirmation if you don't have a KR account already), but doesn't require a proxy. The JP version is a little easier to sign up for, but you need a proxy to play it.

Only in Mass PvP/Party Play. I can maintain a solid FPS in 1v1 PvP / Solo PvE, which isn't bad considering I play one of the flashier classes in the game (Fire Mage).

I run the game on near-minimum requirements. The only time I feel like I'm out of place is in town when it's full (FPS sinks to single digits) and on loading screens (they're longer for me)... and yes, when I'm in a 4-man party and everyone spams their flashiest moves at the exact same time.
  12. FenixStryk Member

Did a few runs with the Task Manager open. My RAM usage never went over 600mb in Solo PvE, and never over 800mb in town. DFO averages about that amount (if not more) once fully cached.
  13. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

600 MB? I guess I won't be playing DN, at least not without a new computer or a RAM upgrade. DFO maxes out at around 350 MB for me.
  14. Greg Space Cowboy

Looks pretty but that doesn't matter because you'll need a $2000 PC to run this game as well as it runs in the video. Controls are probably shit.
  15. Raven ネバーモア

I'm waiting for Vindictus, screw DN.
  16. FenixStryk Member

I very seriously doubt that you'd need to spent more than 600 USD to get this game running on max with a high FPS in towns. As for the controls, they're very intuitive. If you can play DFO, you can play DN.

Also, is anyone still playing this/willing to come back? The only people I remember playing with back in the day (Orihalcon, HellMuT and the Manner Rule guys) seem to be inactive at the moment.
  17. Running Wild SMASHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Can I use a controller?

If so, is controller even practical? Do I need to have over 9000 hotkeys?
  18. FenixStryk Member

Hmm... I didn't take into account the unusual people that use gamepads. In that case, I should instead compare it to an MMORPG/FPS hybrid, leaning a lot more towards RPG than FPS, but still having enough FPS for it to be mentioned.

In my opinion, you definitely want a mouse for this. Standard KB&M combo. You might be able to get away with dual-analog, but that will limit your turning speed (although there is a 180-degree turn button).

You move with WSAD, dodge with Shift (or double-tap the direction), jump with Space, and use abilities with 1-0 (I would change these to something closer like ERT-FG). Aiming does need to occur, but it's very forgiving for most attacks (bow auto-attacks and Sorc uncharged attacks need a little more accuracy).

Most classes don't use more than 10 abilities.If you do, you can toggle between your first and second hotkey set. If that ever happens to be the case, I imagine it would be best to just put buffs on your second bar.
  19. Running Wild SMASHAAAAAAAAA!!!

Gah, I won't be able to play this game with that kind of control setup.
  20. Heidi Member

Do you know anything about when it will be going to the US?