Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

A strange but possibly fun idea (Noob tournament!)

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Heidi, Aug 11, 2010.

?

Would you be interested?

Yes!! 8 vote(s) 40.0%
Maybe 5 vote(s) 25.0%
Probably not 2 vote(s) 10.0%
No 5 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Heidi Member

So I was thinking we could have a silly SSA tournament with a few rules. (And maybe some brawl matches too)

So like, it'd be fighting on noobs with bad gear and low level skills, a bit different to standard pvp. And we can see who the best noob is :D

Who would be interested? I'm not sure how well this would work, I really need input. I'd want to have the level req low enough that it won't be a hassle to prepare a character but high enough that no classes miss out on a good skill by 1 level or something. I'm thinking 18 may be best for that second condition, but 10 best for the first. What do you guys think? Could this idea work?

Okay, I think I've decided on most rules.

Summary of so far
    • You may use blue or white armour. (This includes braclet, ring, and necklace but excludes title (See below))
    • You may use white weapons
    • You may use a Beast Slayer or Canna's Slave title (But no switching during matches!). And yes, I know the second is purple.
    • No items (Save the sky tree nuts for the fun brawl matches)
    • No upgrades on equips
    • You must be level 18, and spend no more skill points than what you can get by the end of level 18. I dunno if there are any level 18 quests that give skill point books, if there are you'll have to be careful not to go over the level. If you are level 19 you are disqualified. I don't care if it's 0.000001% over, too bad. :p
    • If you job advance, you are disqualified
    • No freakin gunners/ sluts

So yeah, what's gonna happen is that I'll give you guys 3 more days to play theory fighter online about the rules to see if you can get me to change them, then I'll finalise the rules and you'll have 1 or 2 weeks (A combination of how long I decide I want to give you and my schedule, the next week for me is very busy) to prepare your godly nub. Towards the end of that I will start signups and announce the date that we will determine and crown SSA's ultimate noob.

I'd recommend keeping your build (I hope to see some good thinking) a surprise for the tournament.

Depending on how this goes, I might consider a sequel where the nubs have grown up a bit and passed the huge milestone of job advancement and gotten to level 25. No promises though.
  2. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

3. Heidi Member

I know, I'm tempted to allow skytree nuts for the lulz.

The thing is I want to make it fair. Maybe say everybody can have 10 skytree nuts per round? :)
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Grenade + BBQ = gunner win
  5. Heidi Member

Are gunners really that badly unbalanced at that level?
  6. Vibe 8===D~~ O:

dem landrunners
  7. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Yes.

Level 10 gunners have enough pvp skills to match someone around level 20.
    15's can topple level so easily too. All the tools for combos and zoning are given to you. Most other classes dont get these options until around 30~35.
  8. Heidi Member

Okay then, how would 2 divisions work then? "Gunners" (Male and Female Gunners) and "Melee" (Priest, Fighter, Slayer, Mage). People could either enter 1 or the other division or both if they wanted to make 2 characters.

I realise that not everything in melee is pure melee, but that'll work, right?
  9. Archie Mexocan

Make it a tourney with no gunners =p

Or make it a tourney with all gunners.
  10. Shirobon Wizard Of Orz

If only Soushin was here (and unbanned) ;_;
  11. Heidi Member

I am not willing to make a tournament just for freaking gunners. It's either 2 divisions or no gunners. A just gunner tournament would be so boring. :(

And we all get to fight quite enough of them in normal pvp :p
  12. Archie Mexocan

If the level limit was 18, would you allow players who advanced, to compete?

Some subclasses get new skills on advancement.
  13. Heidi Member

No advanced classes would be allowed. Even if they aren't using any advanced skills, it'd just be a pain as it'd make cheating too easy :p
  14. Jormungandr SUPER SWORD

Yeah hell no. I'm not fighting a gunner with an unadvanced mage.
  15. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

sounds cool. Make it lvl 18 with no gunners. It'll give me a reason to finally make a bludgeon master. :D
  16. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Level 18 or below tournament would be so terribly imbalanced >_>

Even with gunners out of the picture.
  17. Rdogg Code Kirin

How about lvl 20 only?
  18. Stream Is Starting Anew.

level 20 sounds more intresting, but pre-class is still fun.

But anyway fighter is superior.
    Always.
    Pfft.
  19. SharpShooter The Poor Merchant

My level 15 gunner beats poorly equipped level 40-45's.

Yea.

That's how unbalanced it is.
  20. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Sometimes I fight skilled level 15 gunners that can beat me... and I'm level 46, geared.

Being completely honest, they have every skill they need. Rising Shot, Gatling, Topspin, Mach, BBQ, Grenade, Flame Thrower, Spriggan to make a perfectly long combo.