Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Welcome our new moderators!

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, May 19, 2010.

1. flamedance58 Bloodied Holster

I did find that peculiar...since this place is supposed to be new, fresh, and not DFOS affiliated yet when it comes to mod picking the admin takes in account posting history and possibly reputation from DFOS. So it's like SSA is pulling a Quebec and trying to break free of the homeland yet still wanting to use the same currency :/
  2. Ring "...that's my role."

godamit where's the thank you button to save me some time ...

anyways yeah stop hatin on Fynl
  3. Iceman Saccharin is mai waifu

What's the point of this forum if it has the same userbase (arguable, but most people here still post on DFOS) and the same mods? LHCGreg also claims there is no rivality at all between both forums. Then this forum is useless.
  4. ElectricSix *Insert witty title here*

I don't find it useless in the least, and I'm not someone that posts, or even has an account on DFOsource. Even if you have the same users in both places, each forum gives off a very different feel and the expectation is also different. I expect that on here, there may be some stupidity, foolishness, etc. going on, but on the whole, there will be more intelligent, mature, and well thought out discussion. I expect that if I have a problem, as unlikely as that may be, I would be able to bring it up on here in a reasonable manner, and expect someone to answer me within a relatively short time frame. DFOsource has it's place in the DFO community, and SSA will grow into it's own niche. The userbase can be almost exactly the same, but you're going to get people on here that wouldn't post on DFOsource, and users that will gradually find themselves posting on DFOsource less and less as this forum grows. I saw it happen with Sleepywood and Southperry, and from what I've seen so far of DFOsource and SSA, it's following along a very similar road.
  5. Greg Space Cowboy

This is pretty spot-on. We have the same userbase, and now, we have the same moderators. We're practically DFOS2, but with an administrator that knows how to run a forum (Which is questionable given the current situation). One of the driving influences behind the creation of this forum was based on how incredibly shitty DFOS was, yet we're practically following in its footsteps.
  6. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I understand concerns about SSA having some of the same mods as DFOS, but please give them a chance. Keep in mind that moderators enforce a forum's rules and that SSA has different rules than DFOS. Even if you don't agree with my decision, please give them your support.

I do plan on differentiating SSA from DFOS further. For those of you from a Maple Story background, SSA is the Southperry to DFO Source's Sleepywood.
  7. Lifeless A Pimp Named Sandor

Having different mods just to seem like an alternative is beyond ridiculous. Assuming they do the job it makes no difference. Grats to those who were chosen.
  8. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I noticed you stole my wording there :/
  9. Heidi Member

When I think about it, all a mods job is is to ensure that the forum rules are followed and to punish people when they're not. Is that even close to being the most important aspect of a forum? I think it'd be pretty sad if it was.

My point being that it doesn't really matter that something like this is the same as DFO Source. We have another thing in common with them too. We're a DFO forum!

As for being rivals, is war really necessary? Can't SSA sort of just ignore what DFO Source is doing, pretend it doesn't exist, and just do what it believes is right?
  10. Greg Space Cowboy

It kind of is. We've already seen what happens when a forum is lacking in this area (See: DFOSource).

Striving to be everything that DFOS isn't "war" at all. It's called trying to make a change for the better. As of right now, we have an identical userbase and an identical staff (Both of which are exact, really). We're not getting off to the best start.

We can, sure. Two of our moderators cannot.
  11. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

None of my problems with DFOS were with the moderators or the userbase. Therefore, having some of the same moderators and userbase isn't a problem as far as I'm concerned.