Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Waxing Philosophically Part 1 of ∞

Discussion in 'Siusha's Tavern' started by ElectricSix, Jul 8, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

If you knew someone who was openly against black people and thinks they should go back to being slaves, would you not shun him or her?
  2. ElectricSix *Insert witty title here*

While I applaud that you wish an equal perception for everyone, I don't necessarily think that suggesting they "Clean off an oil spill" or "do something productive" is the right way to suggest a change in perception. Your perception is that they're causing more inequality by expressing a desire/need to reveal or show who they are. Meanwhile, from their perception, rather than trying to make heterosexuals unequal, they are trying to affirm their equality with their public display. Of course that's a random generalization, as it is entirely possible that many people on either side of that issue would have remarkably different perceptions. As for me, I don't think anyone needs to flaunt their sexual orientation, whether it is hetero or homosexual. You are what you are, and thus the only person's perception you should worry about is your own. Alas just because that's the only one you should have to worry about, doesn't necessarily mean it is, but from my perspective, it is better to be as you are, than having to proclaim yourself to be as you are.

Indeed, religion is another topic to dive into, but before that, faith would be a better place to start . . . which Melody mentioned actually. XP Both topics were on my list for further discussion at a later time, but I see no harm in indulging in some discussion of their perception based nature. Incidentally, I choose to do your post and Serpentine's first, as I suspect I"ll get rather long winded going into faith. As far as getting sent out, well from their perception you were at the very least disrespectful on the subject, and at most an outright hater of said group. Whether that was your intended perception is entirely within your reason, but their perception is their's, your's is yours, not everyone's will match up. And when things don't match up, well events happen, in this case to your detriment.

As for religion, it is a rigid perception of faith. You can have faith after all, but religion takes that faith and gives it specific rules it must follow for that faith to work. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, or a good thing, but the one thing it tends to do most is blind perception. Anything that doesn't fall in that thin margin of perception cannot be allowed in. That doesn't mean that it always does so, or that you have to change your religion if you change your perceptions, but even at it's best, religion does limit your perceptions. Some of these limitations are considered good, and some bad, but the key to dealing with any religion remains the same; question it. Question your perceptions as much as you can. Ask yourself, is there another possible perception of this thing? Is there another meaning I am neglecting to comprehend? Should I change my perceptions? Is it alright to change my perceptions? And of course many more, but I think I'll leave the bulk of the religion discussion to another thread as that tends to way heavily on any thread of a differing purpose and may well derail this one yet.

Indeed, by your perception, if a tree fell in the forest it would make a sound, even though no one was around to perceive it. But suppose, it was the only thing at all. Nothing else perceived it, would it's self perception mean it exists? Or perhaps if nothing else perceived it, and not even it could perceive itself, it would cease to exist. Is it possible for inanimate objects and plants to perceive things? Would the ground perceive it's fall, or could it even perceive it's fall? If so, could we perceive something into, or out of existance? If so, has it been done before? How would we even know if it had been done before? Does that mean that only the universe that we are able to perceive is as it is? Is it possible that the rest of the universe is perceived vastly different?

On to the second part of your post, faith and perception are indeed entwined. We can only perceive so much after all, at some point we must look to the abstract, and choose whether to place our faith in something we can't perceive, or not to place our faith in anything but what we can perceive. However, is the mere perception of something beyond enough to make it exist, or likewise, if you choose not to perceive anythign beyond, would that make it cease to exist? At what point do you have to give up your regular perception and resort to faith? And is that point the same for everyone? Or must it be completely different for everyone? Ack, I want to save more of this topic for another time, but I got into it anyway. Hopefully this too doesn't derail the topic overly much because faith and religion really do tend to make a mess out of a thread. XP
  3. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I give up. There is WAY too much text for me to be bothered to read in my spare time.
  4. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Actually I wouldn't shun him. Try to convince him otherwise? Yes, but shun? No. Trying to discuss the issue and labeling them as bad people are two differnet things in my opinion.

Electric, I'll get back to you later, wall of text...