Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Towers of Midnight

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by LHCGreg, Oct 14, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Any Wheel of Time readers here getting Towers of Midnight on November 2?

The Wheel of Time is a fantasy book series for those who don't know. Towers of Midnight will be the 13th and second to last book in the series.
  2. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Im interested. In a scale of 1 to harry potter how entertaining it is? XD

No but joking aside, im really interested i want something to read something good lately.
  3. Gloomy dicks

My Gathering Storm is in the mail. I can't believe I put it out of mind for a year. I'll probably read it in like three days.
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Harry Potter is the top of your scale? You're going to need a new scale.
  5. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Yah XD. I only read manga but once in a while a can read a bible like book and harry potter was the last one.
  6. Nirvanasa Grape Drank....

Read the Inheritance Cycle. it's fucking amazing.
  7. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Its part of this (14?) Book series or what?
  8. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

No, she's talking about some other fantasy series.
  9. Gloomy dicks

Just finished The Gathering Storm. It was incredible. I didn't like how this new guy handled some characters (mostly Mat), but he handled the climaxes in the story better than Robert Jordan ever did.

Especially commendable was Rand's outbursts, I literally leaned forward with dread wondering what he was going to do sometimes. Particularly right before that fortress went up in balefire, or when he met his father.

I didn't like how Elayne didn't show up at all. She and Birgitte are some of my favorite characters (some of the best parts of the story centered around them before).

Edit by LHCGreg: spoiler'd the spoilers
  10. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I just bought Towers of Midnight. Let's see how it is...
  11. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I just finished Towers of Midnight. It was very good, one of the best books in the series in my opinion. Finally plot threads are getting wrapped up faster than new ones are created. There were a few shockers.

@Gloomy: Elayne and other characters that didn't get much or any time in The Gathering Storm get coverage in Towers of Midnight.

Graendal was not killed in The Gathering Storm. Mat loses an eye. There was no mention of it in the story, but the glossary states that Graendal was the one who killed Asmodean.

The cover was such a tease, with the entry into the Tower of Ghenjei not happening until the very end of the book.

I'm a little disappointed that Mat didn't think to include safety from the Aelfinn in his demands. Mat is still far and away my favorite character in the series. I wonder how he'll handle having only one eye.

Perhaps Perrin will lose a body part in the final book.
  12. Heidi Member

I'd be impressed if this could beat Harry Potter though. Those books are amazing.