Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

The Anti-Barrel Hacker Movement

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by MasPan, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heidi Member

You have choices, within the rules of the game. If you are breaking the rules, then like I said, people are going to be pissed off with you. Don't be surprised about this. Please realise that the choice you've made is to be a script kiddie who breaks rules.
  2. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Really Stream? I once played a game that allowed edits to the data, as long as it didn't give the player an advantage. Harmless things like UI changes and switching up item appearance was fine. Adding platforms, making invisible things visible, etc. was bannable as a hack because it gives the user of the modification an advantage over players not using the modification. If you hate barrels so much, use a different map. This is a hack and should be banned.
  3. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

I really wish you don't stream. If you get banned, the guild's prob gone, and I have to find another one...

Plus, think of it this way - learn to not use it, and your skill improved. It give you more room for improvement.
  4. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

What ever happened to the "Use the Poison Swamp" movement? That map solves everyone's problems, and it's so much nicer than having to deal with barrels.
  5. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Heard it all before, You guys think I dont read these post becuase I still decide to use it huh?
    Uh-oh, dont pvp against me now, I'm a cheater.
    Wait not even a cheater, a hacker!

Hacks!
  6. Ridureyu Old Man

Hacking is bad, mmkay?

And by the way. I suck at PVP, but even I can figure out where someone is behind the barrels with little to no trouble. If you need to hack to demove them, something is wrong.
  7. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Skill improved lol, I started using this *HACK* at glad 7..89 percent or so?
    I'm pretty sure I've gotten used to it but I PREFER to play able to see.

And Yea the guild going away will be pretty sad,
    did you add my xfire already lol?
    Should of you didnt for I Get banned.

EDIT: LOL AT TYPO ^
  8. Ridureyu Old Man

Yeah. You need to remove the barrels to fight? learn2play.
  9. Stream Is Starting Anew.

To enjoy Tavern fightning alot more yea.

:)
  10. Ridureyu Old Man

It's depressing when -I'm- the one in a situation where I can say that to someone else about PVP.
  11. Heidi Member

Stream, just a question. Do you use this hack just with opponents who are ok with it? Or do you use it in all pvp matches whether or not your opponent agrees?
  12. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Don't go stirring up drama now everyone.
  13. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Do you think I have the time to question everyone in a room of 8 HEY GUYS YOU OKAY IF I CAN SEE THAT SPOT BEHIND THE BARRELS?
    OH YOU DONT? OKAY LEMME RESTART THE GAME WAIT FOR ME!!!
    :D

Of course not 0.o
  14. tails360 I have a CAPE.

stream u nub y u heks umad?
  15. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Added a copy of the ticket.

Agreed - drama is counterproductive, cut it out.
  16. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

We need moar whiteknighting otherwise the nubs hackers would take over the world game... No really everyone that break the moronic TOS should get banned for being smart stupid enough to break a game that its already plain broken :|... (Oh wait i connect using a proxy, that break the TOS right? GG me)... BUT then again im not playing DFO Never Again until Nexon stop being so faggot with the IP ban so meh :|...
  17. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Never going to happen Dante, it's P2P so they have to keep the region small. It's not like Maple which is a global game, this is NA exclusive unfortunately.
  18. Hiroshi dat smirk

The barrel thing is hilarious because all Nexon has to do about the whole thing is to update their game since, like MasPan mentioned in the first post, obstacles get transparent when someone is behind them in a later patch.

Actually, I wonder if Nexon actually can write a script detecting it. The patcher afaik only looks at the file size and I'm not sure if they're capable enough of making HackShield detect that (if it can actually do that).
  19. liveordie56 New Member

hmm, rather then writing a ticket banning those who use it...why not write a ticket asking Nexon to make barrels transparent so it levels playing field for everyone :-\ and honestly...Stream decided he's going to keep using mod, so why do you guys care that he continues using it? it's rather pointless imo, and there's no reason to really change his opinion, sure it's "wrong" according to Nexon and the rules, but it's not like it's something THAT serious...
  20. Stream Is Starting Anew.

*Gasp* A soul brave enough to speak against the horde.

A certain somebody who happen to maybe create this thread has a certain grudge against a certain somebody who is probably typing this up and my theory is he wants ........

Okay obvious trolling is obvious, I'll stop that sentence there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.