Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Super Mario Bros. X

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Zotendo, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Zotendo Incognito

Download:
    http://www.supermariobrothers.org/

Anyone interested in the online play?
  2. Rob 別の方法でまだ考える

If you told us where to get it I would respond properly.
  3. Zotendo Incognito

Sorry about that.
    Edited OP
  4. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Do want, who else wants to play :)
  5. tails360 I have a CAPE.

This looks cool :u
    Only problems I don't really like is going small after losing power-ups like SMB1 and only 2 players for multiplayer but it looks cool :n
  6. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Looks fantastic, I'll definitely be trying it.

Oh wait, my laptop can't register more than 2 keys being pressed at a time which makes it almost unplayable. :(
  7. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

..,how do you play dfo?
  8. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

When do you need to press more than 2 keys at once in DFO? You only need two keys for running diagonally or two keys for doing an attack. The only thing I can think of that I can't do is move diagonally while shooting in the air.
  9. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Oh I misread it, I thought you meant 2 keys at once. Since when do you need at least 3 keys for super mario?
  10. tails360 I have a CAPE.

1 for dash, 1 for arrow, and 1 for jump? >.>
  11. Zotendo Incognito

Who wants to host?
  12. Soushin The Novice

Dammit window 7. I can't play online because i'm missing MSWINSCK.OCX file.

I'm currently installing the missile file, hopefully it'll work.

[Edit] Ok, missing file installed. Now my next problem, it seems that the tutorial in the video shows how to connect, which I've done it. But once conected and selected a level to play on, the game doesn't seem to let me play the level. instead, it's letting us do some level editing.
  13. Ring "...that's my role."

This. Gonna try it
  14. Rob 別の方法でまだ考える

Uhm, it's online only? I don't feel like Hamachi and whatnot
  15. Soushin The Novice

My my, you don't sound all that interested at all. To answer your question, there's also singleplayer and local multiplayer.
  16. flamedance58 Bloodied Holster

Actually he just expressed his disinterest in Hamachi. It's the same way people don't like Mumble but still like voice chat.

I'm interested, might try single player first to see if it's worth it.

======

Errr...checking the site it claims "Two player co-op"....so it's 2 player only per online game?
  17. Soushin The Novice

I'm having lots of fun but "testing" on a level editor is not as fun as playing a real session of co-op.

And I was referring to his general attitude towards the game, not just Hamachi, which includes his first post: "If you told us where to get it I would respond properly." He posted that before Zotendo edited his post to add the download link. His laziness is a total indication of his lack of interest when the download link is on BOTH youtube videos. Anyone interested would have found the link in mere seconds.
  18. flamedance58 Bloodied Holster

The instructions to online play!

==========================

First you need to download and install Hamachi from here:
    https://secure.logmein.com/products/h...

First we need to get all the players connected to each other, so
    In Hamachi if you are:

Server.-Open Hamachi then click on the "power" button,then you should see the ip address that hamachi assigned to you(you're needing this later) go to the menu and click on "network"- "create a new network" and there you have to put the name of the server and the password you would like, click "create" and you have created a server.

Client.-Open Hamachi then click on the "power" button,then you should see the ip address that hamachi assigned to you(you're needing this later) go to the menu and click on "network"- "join an existing network" and there you have to put the name and password of the server, click "join" and you have joined a server.

Now that we have a connection between the server and the clients we are ready to create a server in the game
    In the game if you are:

Server.-Open the level editor then on the menu click on "Online"-"Start", you should see a new window, check "server" mode, put the password you would like for your server then click "connect"

Client.-Open the level editor then on the menu click on "Online"-"Start", you should see a new window, chect "client" mode, under the remote ip address put the server's hamachi ip address(the ip address that i mentioned before) and the password for the server then click "connect"

If you hear a sound of someone joining now we are ready to play.
    The server is the player who has more control in the game than the client like:
    1.-Select levels
    2.-Press esc to suspend the game
    3.-Have better quality

If you didnt understand anything here or want to play online now go here:
    xat.com/SuperMarioBrothersX
  19. Zotendo Incognito

I think it's referring to offline 2 player co-op.

I don't know how many players can be in one game but it's definitely more than 2.

Edit: I made a server. Come join on hamachi, and follow the "client" steps.
    Network ID: SMBX1
    Password: ssa
    IP address: 5.32.87.255
  20. flamedance58 Bloodied Holster

Cool; guess we just need someone to host and a way to talk to them easier than using the forums.