Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Summoner Thread and General Discussion (Post Questions Here)

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Glamador, May 8, 2010.

1. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Just to clarify; you're talking about king's road right?
  2. TheEnd187 Member

well then same thing
    run in circles away from summons vs ice guy
    light room run in mark run to the left side of screen use the dumbshit ai against the light clones and keep them bunched up while they ignore being raped from behind.

as for vilmark I beat it using only 1st/2nd tier spirits and +0 icicle sparkler xxx the robots.
  3. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

oh since i didnt check this until years later the post i made was more of a
    "Your not summoning enough :3c" and "I thought summoners had it easy >_>"
    oh im sowwie >_>
  4. Soltis Carried by Sandors

I'm guessing his build might not be that good and/or hes using a subpar weapon(i.e lucid roll or w/e) with high spirits.
    On normal road in relic the guys' hp bars are so low you really shouldnt have too much trouble getting them killed before summons die except for the reflect room(heals sometimes).

Posted these vids of fire and light room awile ago;

5. Gloomy dicks

Yeah, of course lol.
  6. Soltis Carried by Sandors

I don't think archie was, since theres no reason to be running kings when you are doing quests for awakening :<
  7. Archie Mexocan

I ditched my lucid roll for a guilty pile. I had to give up the 30 MP for a serious damage boost, and I gadly have.

Anyways, I would have NEVER figured that getting a buff that grants 150 INT would make my summoner pretty shitty. Unless, what the difference between level 5 glarine and aquarius (EDIT:with and without a 150 INT bonus), and a level 9 glarine and aquarius if I had maxed them for my level?

Could anyone provide actual numbers for the level 9 2nd tiers if I were to give them my summoner's stats?
  8. Archie Mexocan

Hmm, you keep saying the same thing over again, and I keep hearing the same thing over again.

So the 150 INT boost is worthless because it's not possible to keep it up all the time. Theoretically, a stronger glarine and a stronger aquarius would benefit me more than a stronger everything else.

Then again, if it's my summoner's shittyness and not my own shittyness that's proving this, then... I guess you can use me as an example of why not to get that 150 INT boost lol.

It's funny I have ancient memory and two other characters and it's a great skill. Then again, those characters have extra SP. >_>
  9. Gloomy dicks

For a summoner the individual skills matter a lot more. You will notice when some of your creatures or mark aren't up to par. If you must get Ancient Memory, I would drop one summon altogether to do it-- but not Glarine or Aquarius!
  10. Archie Mexocan

It isn't. It's just something I majorly overlooked when I used the lethe's bell for my summoner. But, I understand why ancient memory sucks now.

So pretty much, Summon level > extra INT, and Mark the Target > extra INT. If I had known that, I would not have made this mistake =p

So I'm left with a summoner with a shitty build. Oh well, she is only a lolsy alternate.
  11. Gloomy dicks

I'm always optimal
  12. Herr Heimlich Pho me? PHO YOU! Or me...

This is currently my planned hybrid build at 60: Arad Planner

I was wondering if about summoner train if it is worth while getting it maxed since the only tank summon I have is Hellflower so I figure the defensive boost from max summoner train would help them out. Or in your guys opinion, it would be better suited in getting a mobile tank like Sandor or Flame Hulk?
  13. Hbard New Member

The current #1 mage is a Gaia and has a huge exp gap in front of #2. I'm the second highest Gaia at #5. The only logic I can come up with is that he's solo'ing Skasa somehow (considering that the non-summoner mage classes before him can do it and the huge exp gap). I'm not sure how this is even feasible because the summoner AI is beyond retarded for that boss, even if you stay alive for 10+ minutes, and even if you do put enough damage there is too much mana burnt re-summoning after tornado/icebreath/scream. Is it possible to solo Skasa as a summoner? His exp says it is, but I don't see how.
  14. Rawrrr Bitch.

Summoners rape every boss. All of them.

They have the best 1v1 dps of any class. All of them.
  15. Hbard New Member

There are issues with Skasa in terms of summon AI. The hit box doesn't function the same as other bosses and so the summons spend a lot of time wandering around doing nothing (even when pilled). Its the same issue as was seen in Catacombs except its worse by the bosses aoe damage on your summons now. Even if they did moderately ok dps (they do almost none due to wandering, not exaggerating) the majority of your most mana intensive summons will be one hit killed by ice breath or get grinded in tornado/scream. Loiuse is too retarded to move close enough even when you use train. Kasijas is the only summon that can live through it if he's stepping in the ice.

The #3 and #4 gaia's (who are in my guild) have not found a solution to Skasa so we have been grinding slums for the most part.

You'll see what I mean if you bring a summoner into Skasa solo. In fact, if someone can produce a video showing a Skasa kings kill solo without the use of any tokens or NX items I would pay 100,000 gold lol.
  16. Rawrrr Bitch.

I have a level 63 summoner, I solo'd everything and didn't have any trouble. I even solo'd Vilmark and Boroding for my awakening.
  17. Rawrrr Bitch.

Skasa isn't level 60 faggot. What's your point?
  18. Hbard New Member

I'll believe that you solo'd Skasa when you post a video to back up your claim.

"I even solo'd Vilmark and Boroding for my awakening."

This doesn't even matter because the issue I am approaching is with the hit box mechanics. I don't care about non-stationary bosses. Your statement is irrelevant.

I've gotten some really useless/unconstructive posts from you. Won't be checking your posts or this forum anymore on this topic.
  19. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

:/

If it helps, and you weren't aware, Skasa's "true" hitbox is his/her neck. While you can hit the face to do damage, you must hit the neck to inflict status/debuffs. I imagine the summon AI is all kinds of buggered against Skasa because of that. It may get changed eventually, but I agree, posts regarding Second Impact/kDnF are somewhat irrelevant.
  20. Hbard New Member

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it. The summon AI is actually pretty atrocious as you have assumed. It is even keeping the 3rd and 4th Gaia's down, they haven't found a way to deal with it.

There are posts on several other forums MasPan if you care to check out any of the discussions, you will find me there. Some are several pages long in replies.

My whole beef with the previous posts is that he is posting about how good summoners and he is. That isn't that point, and I wouldn't even dispute the quality of this class as a top 10 mage in the rankings. Pretty much everything he posts has nothing to do with the question at hand. If he actually knew the answer I was looking for he would have posted it.