Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Summoner Thread and General Discussion (Post Questions Here)

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Glamador, May 8, 2010.

1. Rawrrr Bitch.

Freet isn't worth it until at least 50+, so don't get him until the level cap is raised.

Same with King really, he doesn't do much until 50+. But you do need some kind of tank.
  2. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Not to interrupt your thoughts Dice but this has already been well established somewhat for some time now, and I know I tested this myself personally about a month ago(I suppose I'm just not the publishing type like you guys lol but I also thought it was common knowledge sorta).

Fixed damage summons keep their stats the whole duration from time of summon.
    Percentage summons flux with your weapon.

It still doesn't change the fact though that a highly underleveled summon almost always dies before his duration is up, which usually ends up dragging down on mp, not to mention they usually only have crap moves at low lvl.

I suppose it may be different in PVP, but thats definitely the case in PVE

Why bother having to use so much extra MP on a mediocre king when he can drop him and another pre-req high spirit/low spirit completely and max the other, and then have enough SP for Kasijas as well? Flame Hulk and Dead Murker DPS isn't as high as Glarine and Aquarius's but its still pretty good if they stay leveled.

I suppose I should say though too that summons designed specifically to be "tanks" imo are overrated(except for certain builds), because imo all the summons should be working together like a big flood that takes the damage and deals out damage.

Freet is pretty decent in our game honestly, he has his fire breath move already so he spam cycles through fireball/pierce shot/fire breath cooldowns now. The only thing is his AI is so defensive prone. It gets kinda annoying after awile.
  3. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

He was specifically looking for a dps build. 2nd tier elementals will do moderate damage at lv5 because they are based upon percentages and the level difference is not that significant at this stage, they also give the benefit of hitstun.
  4. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Hmmm, that's giving me an idea for something I've been thinking about then actually.
  5. Psych Oh you so pringles!

Hopefully someone will see this. So I hit level 40 and was wondering. Should I switch to a Shadow Servant for dps? Or stick with my Lucid Roll?
    If I should go for an SS, what base m.att should I settle for?
  6. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Depends on if you love your 2nd Tier Spirit Summons and Mark the Target. Those go off your magic attack. If you don't like using then, stay with the Lucid Roll. Otherwise, go for the Servant.
  7. Archie Mexocan

I've lost hope for summoners.

My summoner cannot do king's relic alone, but my ranger could solo it with a +0 indomitable revolver. One I get to the ice guard, I could only hope that my summons kill the ice guard before they dissappear. Once they disappear, I'm as good as dead.

My summoner cannot do vilmark alone, but my magic exorcist could solo it with a +4 shadow eye beads. The Tau Mecha tears through summons, and their poor AI makes it difficult to get them to destroy the little landrunners. Once there's an army as big as mine, I'm also as good as dead.

How do you summoners handle those dungeons, if it's possible at all?
  8. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

well i think your doing SOMETHING wrong >_>
  9. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Spam moar, Archie. Spam moar.

Might be your build, or something. I dunno. Then again, I suck at this game, so...
  10. Archie Mexocan

Are you guys going to be a douche and say that I'm incompetent when I'm asking for help, or are you guys gonna give tips from personal experiences, if you guys have any? >_>
  11. Rdogg Code Kirin

For king's relic the only thing i can think of is spam mark the target vilmark beats me.
  12. Archie Mexocan

Thanks for trying, but mark the target spam is a tad obvious. If I didn't know about how awesome mark the target was, I would have been stuck at the 2nd room instead of the 3rd =p

Also, I think I'm overlooking summoner's train. When I use it, sure that my summons stop camping at corners, but they just stood around me and do nothing. Am I overlooking something?
  13. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Nah, just joking. Didn't mean to be mean. Sorry...
  14. Archie Mexocan

I know you were since you said you "suck at the game", but the post above yours was... meh.
  15. Bennett >:(

I have lots of trouble with ancient dungeons on my summoner too. Usually it's only small problems like the ice/light guards and tau's robots that make soloing impossible. I just duo them, problem solved
  16. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Ah, I see.

Well, I think I might be able to answer the question about Summoner's Train. Might be crappy info, since I don't have a Summoner (yet), but I think I might know how it works, after fighting against summoners.

I think it works simularly to The Black Roses, in a sense that, if you move, they move and don't attack. If you stand still, however, they attack. Again, just a prediction, but it's all I got.
  17. TheEnd187 Member

for relic either summon kasijas every room, or just use him vs ice,light,borodin. as for the ice guy a good thing to do if you want to save time/hp/mp/cubes sumon everything before you go in and run to the left side of the ice guard then just run in a circle and the icicle wont touch you, this way your summons are free to rape him in stead of getting frozen by the ice needle chasing you. light guy is easier with kasijas, just summon kasijas and mark the light guard while he gets raped, save your kasijas mega attack for when the little light guys come out and there you're finished. without kasijas in the light room is a bit trickier, in this scenario your summons have to have enough dps to kill the light guy real fast and keep the other little light guys bunched together.

for vilmark you can either lasher the robots or switch to your indomitable partisan and xxx them.
  18. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I think he's trying to do the dungeons to get Kasijas. Dunno how he's supposed to use him when he doesn't have him. Not trying to be rude, but...
  19. Gloomy dicks

Light room is impossible without Aukuso, Backstep, Kasijas, and a +12 weapon.