Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

SSA Secret Santa!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by Heidi, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Heidi Member

I am hosting this with the permission of LHCGreg

I'm sure most of you will know what a secret santa is, but for those that don't: Basically a list of names of people who want to participate is obtained, and then the host randomly choses who is buying for who. If you are buying for somebody, you are their "secret santa". The keyword is SECRET. You do not tell them you are buying for them! The goal is to get them something that they will like. Doesn't have to be expensive. Thought is more important than the price tag! You then send that item to the host, and then on christmas day they hand out all the gifts.

So, here at SSA I will be hosting a secret santa. Luckily this will be a lot more simple for you all than the excessively complex noob tournament that I tried to run recently xD

Timeline
    3rd December - 12th December: Signups
    13th December: I will determine who is buying for who
    13th December - 22nd December: Time for you to find a perfect gift
    23rd December: Presents handed out!!

A few things
    - If you aren't willing to spend at least 50k - 100k on a present for somebody, please don't sign up. You can spend more if you want, but thought is the main thing. If you are bothered by the thought of receieving something worth less than what you gave, again, please don't sign up.
    - On 13th December, I will PM everybody who signed up with the name of who they are buying for
    - A big fat priest known as SantaSSA will be collecting presents and handing them out
    - Do NOT tell your secret santa you are buying for them! Do not tell anybody who is likely to tell them! I'd prefer you didn't tell ANYBODY, though I realise that if you don't know the person that well, it can help a little to ask somebody who might know them a little better for a few ideas :p
    - I will give you the option to post a few gift ideas in your signup post (And it'd be best if you do!)
    - If you choose to be problematic and intentionally make running this event harder for me than it has to be, you are out. If that happens, anything you have sent to me will be sent back, anything else you say to me regarding this event will be ignored, and you will not receive anything at the end.
    - This is a fun event. Don't be too scared to sign up if you are only able to spend somewhere around 50k - 100k gold. It's ok!!

Any questions? Feel free to ask! Signup in my signup thread here
  2. Ring "...that's my role."

I'm in~
  3. Heidi Member

Juan, sign up in the other thread :p
  4. Ring "...that's my role."

fine O:<
  5. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

What if we want to participate but can't play dfo?
  6. Heidi Member

I'm not really too sure what I can do =/

How come you can't play DFO?
  7. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

It doesn't start up. Here, i know what i'll do, i'll just use my friends computer when I need to. So I guess i'll go signup.
  8. Heidi Member

That's a good idea. You just need to log on to buy gift + send it to me and log on to collect gift from me/ mail box. Don't forget that it disapears from mailbox in 14 days. However, if you can't get on within 2 weeks of the 23rd then please do let me know and I'll be more than happy to hold onto it until you say you'll be able to get onto DFO to claim it!

Only thing is, you're not having that problem that can be fixed by changing regional settings all to US and/or english are you?

=========

One person has mentioned to me that they didn't want to sign up because people will only want expensive pinks. To clarify:

- Don't feel as though you have to get somebody something really expensive!
    - People need to list items in muliple price ranges (And try and have options that are around 50k to 100k. Even if it's just a potion you use a lot of or like to have sometimes as a training treat, or anything else you can think of)
    - You don't HAVE to buy something on their wishlist. If you have another idea, go for it. Maybe even swamp them with a pile of some material item that has little practical use but represents something to do with their personality!

Don't feel too intimidated by this event. 50k - 100k is fine. You are not expected to buy expensive pinks or other valuable items for people. I will not be releasing the names of santa's either. This is meant to be a fun event for EVERYBODY :)
  9. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I'm going to wait for more people to sign up. Having only three people isn't that much fun.
  10. Heidi Member

I hope everybody doesn't do that, lol.
  11. Heidi Member

So far so good, we have 13 people. (And I know for sure that there is at least 1 more)

Please tell any friends that might be interested
  12. Heidi Member

Last night I sent everybody a PM with the name of who they are to buy for.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you didn't get a PM or if anything else is wrong.

Have fun =)
  13. Heidi Member

I am a little disapointed that 4 people still havn't sent their gift in

- Ring (Spoken to you though)
    - Elemental Mistress Isa
    - Geenareeno
    - Stream

btw this should be obvious, but if you don't send in a gift for the person you're supposed to, you won't be receiving your gift. If I have to I will do a little reshuffling so that everybody who sent in a gift receives one.
  14. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

I've been worrying about this, doing it tonight, not to worry.
  15. Heidi Member

Ok, thanks :p

Ohhh right *seems to remember geen saying something about having trouble getting onto DFO*
  16. Ring "...that's my role."

[IMG]

phew back I had to get trough those guards, sending it tonight.
  17. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

fgt. Yeah his laptop is broke so hopefully dfo works on comp or else i'll just give you my acc info Heidi since I trust you and idgaf about dfo.
  18. Ring "...that's my role."

equilibrium2gud

inb4 /<
  19. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Fuck he can't use laptop or comp so i guess add me on facebook and i'll fill you in, [email protected]. inb4otherpeoplecreep.
  20. Ring "...that's my role."

stalking your Fa--- ohwait I've had you added for a while now :l

also sorry heidi <3