Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

SSA Ladder System - interest

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, May 24, 2010.

1. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

Can we do a tournament thing and then have like. A separate thing that shows the winner of the last tournament and like have like a seeding or rank status for it? I think like we could make our own little rankings. Kind of like our own DFO tourney. Like rankings could be like top 100 or something. The more tournaments you play in you gain like a point system through winning or what not which determines your rank. Something like that just an idea.

Also will there be like team battles? 3vs3?
  2. Infection Cool story, bro

This would be great. I think that people should be able to make their own tournaments and rules for such, but this would be available anyways, no?
  3. saccharin That one crazy witch

Teams would be pretty cool, but I think 2v2s are the only reasonable thing.. anything more would just be a messy/clusterfuck
  4. NuMbA Light's Out

Had one of these for the last game I played, although i didn't use it much it was useful for tourneys
    [IMG]
  5. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

I still think we should try to get a ranking system going as well. I think it would be cool to give people some feeling of hey those are top players in these tournaments. Maybe if I play with them more or watch them play I might learn something or get better.
  6. NuMbA Light's Out

The ladder system keeps a record of players wins and losses so it basically has a ranking system
  7. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

Oh did not know that cool! Thanks for the clarification.
  8. Auron Legendary Guardian

A little late, but this sounds pretty dang cool. And I'm not much of a PvP person, to boot.
  9. Prelude vroom

Do want do want do want do want. I was so disappointed when I saw that there was nothing there when I first clicked it haha. Awesome stuff Greg!
  10. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I don't have the time to run a ladder system when I'm also managing the forum, the wiki, etc, so I'll need someone else to run it. Any volunteers? They would basically be responsible for verifying match results, settling any disputes, and deciding what direction to go in with the system. They would be able to appoint other people to help them in those duties.
  11. NuMbA Light's Out

I think I could do it since I've used the ladder system before.
  12. Stream Is Starting Anew.

If I could get basic instructions on what to do, Then Hell yea I could.
  13. Heidi Member

I wasn't too sure if I should make a new thread or not, but figured it'd be slightly pointless.

So, Greg, what's happening with the ladder system? Is anybody going to be appointed to run it?

I would really like this system to get started.
  14. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I haven't forgotten about this. I figured it might be too similar to what DFO Planet is doing.
  15. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Did you get that link right? I thought the ladder system was something different thank just a tournament. Well i guess it's a ranked league, which is what the ladder system is, correct?
  16. arudA Has custom title :)

A link to the vB plugin would be of use. I would like to assess its security.
  17. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I noticed it too, though their's is more tournament focused with a hall of fame.