Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Signature size rules

Discussion in 'SSA Announcements' started by LHCGreg, May 20, 2010.

1. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

This is to remind all users that there is a signature height limit of 250 pixels including text and images. There is also a file size limit of 400 kB for the total of all images in the signature. One line of normal-sized text is about 20 pixels. Past violations have been given warnings, but any future violations will be given infractions.
  2. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Can't you just put a forced cap on it? Or was this more from text issues than images?
  3. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

There are two ways to force sig images to be smaller than 250 px. One is to host signature images on the site, but that means signatures can only consist of an image, not text or multiple images. The other way is an image resizer addon and there are no resizer addons for vB 4.x that allow you to choose separate limits for sig images and images in post bodies. Hopefully a better resizer addon will appear sooner or later.
  4. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I see, makes sense then. Figure'd there was a solid reason behind it, knowing you, but felt I should ask anyway. Mine should be ok, right?
  5. Heidi Member

Your sig is definitly well below 250 px. I'd estimate around 150 px. :p
  6. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

I neglected to mention in the first post that there is also a file size limit of 400 kB for the total of all images in your signature.
  7. Archie Mexocan

Hmm.. *double checks*

I'm good =)
  8. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Also of note - if you find that someone's sig is lagging you, check to see if your browser is zoomed in/out at all. Resizing an animated image can put stress on a browser and slow down browsing.
  9. arudA Has custom title :)

For dimension restrictions use a template edit and some CSS. For the file size restriction, either you could... rely on the honour system, have your server make requests for sig images to determine their size, or use a service like http://www.filemd5.net/api and its JSONP API and have browsers test file size once in a while.