Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

PvE Scythe Monks?

Discussion in 'Priest' started by VanillaBUST, Sep 18, 2010.

1. VanillaBUST Has no custom title D:

I always see some monks on youtube using scythes in PvP. I'm not totally sure if this is productive or not. o.o

Shed some light? :)
  2. conewicci I dun goofed.

In PvE, not the best choice. Less damage per MP, and we have MP problems. Also, speed isn't too necessary in PvE. But you CAN do it if you really want to.
  3. Ring "...that's my role."

Holy nigger tits batman, he;s fast.
  4. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

Not with max dryout. 30% less mp consumption. 8D

Anyway, I wouldn't really use a scythe for pve. Lower dmg, and negative hit rate are not things u want when running maps on kings.
  5. Greg Space Cowboy

I use my scythe all of the time in PvE, though I do have a pretty nice Passion Shatter that outputs tons more damage. Thing is, regardless of the extra damage, I've still found that the speed from the scythe clears rooms and bosses faster than my battle axe. I dunno.

I have my axe/scythe assigned to a key, so sometimes I only switch to my axe when clone is activated.
  6. VanillaBUST Has no custom title D:

So, judging from the answers so far, it's 2 against 1. ._.
    Can scythes still bleed enemies when a monks using em? And if we're talking about dry-out, does that mean using a scythe is only recommended after awakening? o.o

btw are we supposed to level will masteries? or keep em at 1.
  7. Ridureyu Old Man

I use scythes in PVE. Using something like a totem makes my monk too slow to react properly to things. Speed is GOOD.