Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Post VIII Update DNF Avatar Changing

Discussion in 'DFO Modding' started by caveman1097, May 2, 2011.

1. The1Flame New Member

It works just fine for me. I uploaded the .img I am using to hide my witches belt. If that doesn't work then you can try using my entire mage growth .NPK (which replaces the summoner's book with a necklace)
    http://www.mediafire.com/t1f_dfo crap

Just to clear this up, you need to delete all the files in "imagepacks3" each time you edit your .NPK files.
  2. Neither of those worked either, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it's just impossible on my computer for some reason. Thanks for trying, though!
  3. caveman1097 Here to help ya guys ^_^

I think I may have misunderstood what you were trying to get rid off. Are you trying to get rid of the witches belt (the defining attribute of witches)?
  4. That was the intention, yes. I don't really think there's anything left that can be done, though.
  5. caveman1097 Here to help ya guys ^_^

Alright, then the file you should be targeting is the mage_growtype file which has all of the subclass defining traits listed for each class.
    Try copying and replacing this file (link) into your imagepacks 2 folder and then make sure to delete the resource files within the imagepacks 3 folder and try it once more.
    If you wouldn't mind posting up pictures of you going through these steps in case it doesn't work so I can try to help ya a little better. Thanks a bunch and I hope that helps ^_^
  6. Well, here we go again!

Yes my monitor is in 1280x720 please don't laugh too hard :(
    [IMG]

Pasting in the new .npk file
    [IMG]

Deleting the stuff in ImagePacks3
    [IMG]

No dice :(
    [IMG]

I launch the game with DFO Control Panel--could this have anything to do with it?
  7. The1Flame New Member

Bit of a long shot here, but do you happen to have a second .npk of the mage growth thats been renamed in any of your dfo folders? I had modded my mage pants at one point and renamed that .npk then put in a clean one. It ignored the new one I put in and loaded the stuff from the renamed .npk.
    Only other thing I can think of is that you modded the witch belt onto one of your other avatars, which I doubt.
    caveman1097 likes this.
  8. Amazingly enough, that actually worked! I did have a backup .npk of the original file; turns out it was loading from that one for some reason, despite it being named differently. Weird stuff.

Thanks a ton! I didn't think it was possible at this point, but you proved me wrong. I appreciate your diligence!
  9. caveman1097 Here to help ya guys ^_^

Great job with the help you gave there The1Flame, very nice indeed. Don't know if it helps at all but I gave you a +1 like score. ^_^ And I am glad that you got the help you needed LikelikeAtemyshield.
  10. the known unknown New Member

hey i modded my zerk and W.M zanbato and lightsaber to look like lvl 65-70 Equipment. everytime i enter a dungeon/switch channel the game patches over the extractor to my original weapon. and each time i mod the files i delete the resource files and back up files but the client redownloads the resource file hiding the changes i made. any tips are welcomed and thx for the effort. :emoticon_discontent DFOScreenshot00002.jpg DFOScreenshot00003.jpg
  11. Ivan Chee New Member

Hey! I need help. I have edited my avatars(the default ones) successfully, but when I run through dungeons, it becomes Naked.any solution in that? Note that the link for female gunner is broken