Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Piercing Damage, STR/INT, and Elemental Resistance

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics and Data' started by MasPan, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Thuvian Member

It is believed that 150 Resistance is 100% Resistance. So 100 Resistance would reduce damage to 33%.
  2. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Thats nonsense.

Without Solar Shield and equips alone I hit EXACTLY 100 Light resistance. 1 Resistance equals 1% damage as far as I know, correct me if I was wrong in this.

I take only 1 damage from light attacks with 100 Light resistance. With Solar Shield and added light gear I can hit 130, but there is no difference.

I can vouche for this. Its very handy to have a Nen Master who can solo the Light Guardian room in Kings Relic, because there isn't a single attack in that room that deals more than 1 damage to me.
  3. Thuvian Member

Sorry if you don't believe me, go ask someone else then.
    Also, Wisps have 100 Light Resistance.
  4. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Oh thats right. Piercing damage from stats. That explains the added damage against Wisps even during unarmed Khai.

Anyways, 100 resistance is definitely 100%. Unless 252 spirit somehow adds a full whopping 50 elemental resistance somehow, or if the 7000 magic defense filtered the rest. Though it wouldn't explain how I took only 1 damage from light guardian's melee, considered the character only has 2000 physical defense.

Mind you I was running with 89 light resistance + the 15 from Solar Shield (104 total).
  5. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

keep in mind that def/mdef and level difference affect damage taken as well. My Soul Bender takes 1 damage from Stalkers in Purgatorium, but 20ish damage from Stalkers in Shadow Labyrinth (with normal gear. I haven't tested with my shadow resist gear yet).

150 is 100%, 100 is 66% reduction. Def/Mdef, Spt/Vit, player level vs monster level, etc all play a role in reducing damage taken.
  6. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Time to whip out the Light Protector bracelet from the bank.
  7. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

I got rid of that so long ago :/
  8. Thuvian Member

So to reiterate 100 Elemental Resistance isn't 100% resistance. Plus I have pictures.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Thuvian Member

I'm aware that the value is believed to be 150 (See previous post where I stated this). However, I was told that it was crazy talk just a few short posts ago.

Also, as a test, it performs exactly what is needed. In one test I take 1 damage from wisps. In another I take between 5-20 damage. The difference is that the first test I have 5000 more magical defense. This demonstrates that 108 Light Resistance is not sufficient to grant immunity to light attacks.
  10. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

I keep utility items.
    Rabbit foot and Frozen ring for antifreeze (ice witch, f spits, asuras, etc).
    Hyper Jammer on Borodin :<