Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Parents who have kids as a source of income

Discussion in 'Siusha's Tavern' started by Heidi, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Heidi Member

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/crime/news/article.cfm?c_id=30&objectid=10696647

This is something that has always bothered me, the fact that there are so many people out there (At least in New Zealand) who have kids just for a source of income, with no intention of raising the kids well and giving them the love they need.

The problem is challenging in the fact that if they don't get the money, the kids will be neglected due to lack of money, if you do give them the money, more kids will be born and neglected with lack of love.

What are you guys thoughts on this?
  2. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Uh oh. Reality issues in a gaming forum.
  3. Heidi Member

Silly Blanix. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who has SOME connection to the real world :p
  4. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

Having a kid = higher income? What? Does the government actually give so much aid money that it's more than the total upkeep cost of the child?
  5. Heidi Member

Yes. And the more they neglect the child, the more money they'll have (Not giving them nice food, not getting them new clothes when they need them, not taking them to the doctor when they need to go, etc). This situation is far too common in NZ. I've known people who do this. It's frustrating to hear them talk about getting x amount for child support. Kids who are just considered as a "nuisance" to their parents that they have to look after to get their money are likely to just get in trouble with the police when they're older and are also more likely to also have kids for money.

It's all very well giving child support to parents, but this loophole means that children become nothing more than a source of income.

It's just an impossible situation. Reduce the amount and the kids will get neglected further, as it is now considered as ok in this country to use child support as a source of income. Monitoring the spending of parents receiving this benefit is too stalkerish, especially towards those who aren't abusing it. Maybe they should limit it to 1 or 2 kids. After that, you're on your own if you have more.

You should see the number of people who are on benefits (especially this one + the unemployment benefit) who smoke and drink
  6. Archie Mexocan

I am now in a slightly worse mood than before.
  7. Rawrrr Bitch.

Only in New Zealand.
  8. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Damn now its late to do the "Blasphemy" joke >.>.
  9. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

A couple as parents lose money, but I've heard of plenty of cases where in a divorce, one parent will want to keep the kid(s) just for the child support money. Here in the states, too.
  10. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Yeah that's true.