Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Panicky Priest Patch Q/A Thread

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Ridureyu, Sep 1, 2010.

1. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Stark knows mostly everything but he doesn't post that much here.
  2. yup,
    I've used the dnf skill planner, and I don't really feel comfortable sp-wise unless if the crusader is lvl 60+
    I'm talking about buff crusaders of course.
    don't know anything about battle crusaders.
  3. TheHolyGuy Member

4. Greg Space Cowboy

Machinegun jab isn't useful enough to dump points into? It looks so cool, though...
  5. Ridureyu Old Man

Depends. some people want 5 and the cancel, some want to leave it at 1. A lot of people refuse to put points into anything that actually does damage, though, which is why you'll see HnR often ignored or 1 AT MOST post-patch, even though the damage values are the same.
  6. Ridureyu Old Man

I hear after the patch priests get Agni Drill Car Pentacle with Shadow Clone.
  7. UNPGriff9 The Gramarye Miracle

Does accel strokes get enough stun rate to justify maxing it?
    Also anyone know how well magic circle scales as far as size and launch goes?
    Finally how worth it are the masteries? Last I remember reading best option was to use scythe then once you get a combo started switch to a good axe and start racking up damage. And max the mastery for axe.
  8. Hiroshi dat smirk

DnF Skill Planer is for Second Impact which is entirely different. My FS Sader on Arad has no SP problems whatsoever, I just ignore Awakening and Heaven's Melody/Harmony and leave Slow/Fast Heal at 10.
  9. Archie Mexocan

I mentioned earlier in the thread that magic circle scales better than rising shot for gunners, launch wise, and probably damage wise also.
  10. TheHolyGuy Member

So do hybrids get it for pvp?
  11. Archie Mexocan

It's like G-14 buster on steroids. Really now? lol

Then again, there's the cast speed, I don't know how slow heavy armor users would cast this.

And, I have no idea about its Z axis range.
  12. TheHolyGuy Member

I wear cloth so no worries. I'm interested in how it's used, though. Do you throw it out like G-14, or do you combo into it for the launch?
  13. Archie Mexocan

I have no idea about its Z axis range, which should be the deciding factor to whether or not it can be used in combo's.

But it likely does not have much Z axis range.
  14. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Probably the same as Pheonix Hammer.
  15. Ridureyu Old Man

All right, here goes. For a Monk top post-patch:

Masteries are a tossup. To get a benefit, you will either have to level the mastery to a worthless mid-level and equip the top, or your top won't amount to much, if anything.

Ducking Body Blow is still awesome because of stun proc. Around level 60 it begins to fail on its own, but you do gain levels in it from armor sets, weapons, and the like. Still, +2 is nicer than +1.

Exquisite Combo is still awesome, especially with the speed and range thanks to mastery. Also, when maxed it can lift your enemy a little.

Heavenly Combo does huge damage and is awesome - per level post-2nd impact it is 45%, 57%, and 91% per level. Keep in mind that there is no cancel and it's kind of slow. it's more of a painful poke (slaughter)

Hurricane 'n Roll gains an obscene amount of damage per level, moreso if you factor in the multiple hits. A lot of post-patch monks only put one level into it, so the +1 is rather good. The same thing happens if you max it.

Lucky Straight Punch is now useful as a combo linker/extender. NOW you want levels... but is it enough?

Quick Parry is also a cool thing to upgrade, but think about it. When it's maxed, you're basically already guaranteed to dodge whatever comes your way. Is it worth the little bit of extra evasion?

Side Wind just gains damage. It only gains range as you level up a mastery (one of the few times when a mid-level mastery is useful. Still not enough fdor random SP or a top, though).

Of these, I'm really looking at Body Blow, Exquisite, Heavenly, and HnR. I need to see a Heavenly damage chart to se ehow useful it is, as well as something concrete showing the added speed for Exquisite. It's probably between Body Blow (A little damage but 2 more levels of stun proc) and HnR (obscene damage murder lol).
  16. Gir Raging Homosexual

Anybody?
  17. TheHolyGuy Member

I too would like to know this
  18. Ridureyu Old Man

Yes, somebody please answer about Accel Strokes. But concerning it and my Priest top question, also remember DIMINISHING RETURNS. The power increase from 1-2 will have the same percentage value as between 10-11, only 1-2 will proportionally do more damage. An example would be, say, assuming a 50% increase:

100% attack power at level 1
    150% attack power at level 2.

650% at level 10
    700% at level 11

See?
  19. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

Are you looking for a top for pvp? or pve?

But for either I would say go for a top with a skill that you have maxed and use a lot. I wouldn't suggest something like HnR on a top because of the long cool down. I would say chopping hammer for pvp, and exquisite or something for pve.
  20. UNPGriff9 The Gramarye Miracle

Well with no answer on accel strokes, I got this off the DFO world wiki hopefully they are accurate
    [IMG]
    I still don't know much here though
    I'm guessing only 1 of the hits will have the stun chance?