Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Panicky Priest Patch Q/A Thread

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Ridureyu, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ridureyu Old Man

Well, the Priest Patch is finally coming soon. Maybe this month, maybe December, but soon! In the meantime, we need to figure out just what we're going to do with our new priest build Rather than clutter up other threads with the info, let's put our urgent, pressing, BIG BUILD NEED TO KNOW thigns right here and now. So thus:

Monk:

1. What does Side Wind gain per level? Is it only damage, or are things like suction and range involved? i.e. why would you level it past the cancel?

2. What does machine Gun Jab gain per level? Same as above?

3. How useful is Heavenly Combo, especially when compared to Exquisite Combo? Also, it's a 2-cube skill, so how does it compare to Hurricane n Roll?

4. Divine Crusher is low on damage. However, is it worth one point for combo utility?

5. Big Bang Punch activates on a push-buttom rhythm. Do you have to hit the attack button, skill button, or button at end of command each time? Also, when should your button presses be timed? When your fist is extended, when his arm is back, or at another time?

6. Does the Mastery-added uppercut at the end of Machine Gun Jab help or hinder it in combhos? Pre uppercut, it's a combo linker that does not knock down. Post-uppercut, it does knock down.

Exorcist:

1. Is either Awakening worth getting? They require both Chakras, and the passive at least seems rather odd.

2. Is Hybrid still feasible after the patch, or should we specialize phys or magic? And if so, which one is better?
  2. Nirvanasa Grape Drank....

wat beez dis pazzive tingy?
  3. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

Info I've picked up here and there and from watching videos, not from playing a patched priest. so...yeah.
  4. Archie Mexocan

1. Is either Awakening worth getting? They require both Chakras, and the passive at least seems rather odd.

Obviously is, because it grants us burst damage =p

2. Is Hybrid still feasible after the patch, or should we specialize phys or magic? And if so, which one is better?

"Better", is unsurprisingly subjective. However, somebody did say that both physical and magic exorcists would be on the same tier.
  5. Ridureyu Old Man

IIRC, Side Wind only gains range if you put points in the correct mastery for it. But really, who wouldn't?
  6. Lifeless A Pimp Named Sandor

Any idea how much each monk mastery should be leveled now? I'm sure it would be easier if we knew the breakpoints.

Also, Crusaders seem really fucked for points now with their new prereqs.

*Edit: Just found a post describing the masteries including breakpoints. I'd still appreciate any suggestions on how to level them.
  7. Revelus New Member

8. Ridureyu Old Man

The masteries are all in This thread. Going by the info, I'd say:

Technical Mastery: Add 0.5% movement speed/level, allow to use ducking/dashing moves while ducking or dashing. Level 10 allows Sacred Counter to activate on its own: Level 7, minimum. Level 10 if you have your heart set on Sacred Counter activating without taking a hit.

Battle Aura Mastery: Increases punch range: 7 or Max

Corkscrew Mastery: Additional physical damage for certain skills: 7 or Max again

Combo Mastery: Additional punches for certain moves: 7 or 10

Hard Punch Mastery: Super armor and critical hit for certain moves: 10, for Heavenly Combo.
  9. Lifeless A Pimp Named Sandor

Yeah, going that route makes points real tight. I really hope we'll get a timed unlimited reset for a week so that we can all work out some builds.
  10. Rdogg Code Kirin

11. TheHolyGuy Member

Can we get a hybrid exo (pvp of course) build started here?
  12. Greg Space Cowboy

Regarding Monks, which new skills are the ones to max, and which are the ones to ignore/leave at a low level?

HOLY SHIT
  13. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Auto use of sacred DO WANT.

Whats the order of how a crusader should be using buffs since his own stats effect how much he puts out.
  14. Gir Raging Homosexual

Thinking about making my exo have mainly physical, but with Black Tortoise levels, since this thing can be really useful.

Is this a good idea at all? Or should I just drop tortoise and put points into other things?
    What does Axe Mastery give?

On my magic exo: Is Cutting Darkness something I want to be leveling up? What about the Ascension Circle?
  15. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

for pvp, take a pre-patch build, add 1 lvl from the new skills, 5 in sidewind, max awakening passive, and lvl the masteries how you like.
  16. Archie Mexocan

I played with the skill planner, and it looks like that it's barely do-able to max tortoise on a physical exorcist. You'd have to gimp one skill to get max tortoise.

I looked at the japanese wiki to check how well cutting darkness scales, and it turns out that cutting darkness scales like shit. It appears to be just a poking/time-filler move.

I dunno what level of magic circle seems ideal, but my ideal build can fit in level 10 magic circle.

EDIT: I noticed that magic circle's launch scaling is scary. Level 10 circle already launches about as strong as level 20 rising shot for gunners.
  17. Ridureyu Old Man

We also really need a Crusader expert here.
  18. TheHolyGuy Member

So for pvp i'd guess exos would get 6 circle to get an equivalent of 12 rising
  19. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Cast all buffs that buff your Vitality and Spirit. The rest you can go crazy with, depending on your party and your enemies.

Dunno the specifics on what Aura of Faith and Apocalypse (buffing circle) does. I'm no expert.
  20. Archie Mexocan

(Facepalm) I just double checked on the SSA wiki, lv 10 circle doesn't launch as much as lv 20 rising, I dunno how I screwed up. Lv 10 circle launches as much as level 12-13 rising.

Rising Shot: http://www.superswordaction.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rising_Shot_(Gunner_skill)

Magic Circle: http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhimNq5kLbYXgb4mEjXE4CKUbwyYNA

The table for magic circle's in there somewhere, you just need to scroll down a little.