Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Nue's Support Crusader Build

Discussion in 'Build Database' started by Nueflheimr, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Support Crusader Build

This build mainly focuses on Offensive buffs, a faster clear is vital to saving MP as well as time. In addition it has some utility heals and defensive skills.

You must remember that Crusader Buffs are now affected by the following two stats, Vitality and Spirit.

Vitality mainly affects the "Physical" portion of buffs, while Spirit mainly affects the "Magic" portion. To understand these mechanics, feel free to view this thread: Dice Dragon's Crusader Buff Formula

To get to a Skill Description you can use "Ctrl + F" without the quotation marks, of course, to quickly search a skill.

I will go over *every*, yes every skill from my perspective as a Crusader:

~General Skills~

[IMG] Quick Rebound (1) ~
    Possibly one of the best utility skills in the game, it may save you from harms way on multiple occasions.

[IMG] Leap (0) - (1) ~
    You may or may not want this skill for utility, as a Plate Wearer Crusaders jump relatively low, so it may help you on bosses such as Hammer King Borodin and Ice Dragon Skasa. It also has good PvP utility, but this is a PvE build. I personally left it at 0.

[IMG] Ancient Memory (0) ~
    A skill that increases your Intelligence by 150 for 20 sec, not quite a skill a Support Crusader needs, but possibly a Battle Crusader, if they have the SP for it.

[IMG] Throw Mastery (0) ~
    Again we will not be throwing items as a noble Crusader. Best left at 0.

[IMG] Indomitable Spirit (0) ~
    This skill will give you Super Armor while you have the *Casting Bar* above your head when *Casting* a skill. Generally a PvP skill for a Magic Class like a Summoner. Not needed a Crusader.

[IMG] Cancel - Item Throw (0) ~
    As a Crusader you probably won't be throwing anything around for damage, leave that job for Item Brawlers.

[IMG] Physical Critical Hit (0) ~
    Since we are support we're not focused on increasing our damage, but our parties.

[IMG] Physical Rear Attack (0) ~
    Again we are support we're not focused on increasing our damage, but our parties. This will be more useless to us then the regular one.

[IMG] Magic Critical Hit (0) ~
    Since we are support we're not focused on increasing our damage, but our parties. A Battle Crusader might be interested, but unfortunately they should be quite SP tight and might not be able to get this.

[IMG] Magic Rear Attack (0) ~
    Again we are support we're not focused on increasing our damage, but our parties. This will be more useless to us then the regular one. Even Battle Crusaders won't consider getting this!

~Shared Priest Skills~

[IMG] Slow Heal (5) - (10) - (MAX 20) ~
    If you really need more heals this probably gives the best bang for your SP if you don't plan on getting Healing Wind for whatever reason.. Remember this heals overtime and not instantly, you may want to take a look at Fast Heal.

Slow Heal at Max heals for 306 HP (without Spirit calculations) with a total of 15 charges, which is a total of 4590 HP possible to restore. The SP invested is 300 SP.

Getting one level into it (Level 21 Slow Heal) will give you an extra charge (16 charges) and heals for 329, which totals to 5264 HP possible to restore.

Do note that in order to reach the extra level, you will need Equipment or a Normal Avatar top that adds to Slow Heal.

[IMG] Strike (5) - (MAX 20) ~
    You either want this only for Prerequisites for Divine Invocation or Max so that your party barely misses (it works on Magic as well). You can always go for a in between which most people might decide 10. The reason some people choose to not go over five is due to the added physical damage not scaling too high, it's mainly for its Hit Rate bonus. Physical Attack Strength added gets higher as your Vitality increases.

[IMG] Cure (0) - (MAX 6) ~
    It's great to keep abnormal statuses off you and your party members, (i.e Poison in Shallow Keep / Spider's Lair, Blind in Shadow Labyrinth, Bleed om Slums Gate, etc..) It's a none or max skill because the cure scales with each level, also the amount of statuses cured will grow when leveled as well.

[IMG] Wisdom Blessing (MAX 20) ~
    A great buff for Magic Classes, definitely a must max. It will definitely get better as your Spirit Increases from leveling.

[IMG] Lucky Straight Punch (0) ~
    Good for Battle Crusaders for comboing and such, we'll be doing no such thing except for the maybe occasional XXX -> GWL.

[IMG] Smasher (1) ~
    Leave this at one, you do not need more than that. Can be used to throw back stray monsters to where your party is attacking. A great throw it is.

[IMG] Cancel - Smasher (0) - (1) ~
    It's only 10SP and if you find your self in the fray of battle it might be in your best interest to help break super armor and such for your party.

[IMG] Second Uppercut (0) ~
    Again, good for Battle Crusaders for comboing and such, we'll be doing no such thing except for the maybe occasional XXX -> GWL.

[IMG] Giant Weapon Launcher (1) ~
    Leave this at one, it has enough utility with its Cancel to keep enemies from attacking your party members.

[IMG] Phoenix Hammer (1) ~
    Leave this at one, it may help in some areas, but might possibly leave you vulnerable from the after-delay of the skill. Won't recommend using this skill too much.

[IMG] Rising Emblem (0) ~
    Generally a ranged GWL, its range and launch height gets quite high, people usually don't want monsters launched very high, so this isn't quite necessary.

[IMG] Furious Grab (0) ~
    If Maxed can do great damage, but as Support Crusaders we will be too SP tight to get enough for it to shine. Battle Crusaders might be interested in the skill though.

[IMG] Joy of Pain (0) - (1) ~
    Basically converts your HP into MP, albeit not an equal trade, it will help you with any MP problems, no more than one is needed if you do plan to get it though.

~Crusader Skills~

[IMG] Grace of Protection (MAX 15) ~
    This increases your Vitality and Spirit. You will no matter what, want to Max this to greatly increase your buffs potential.

[IMG] Grace of Courage (0) ~
    This increases your Strength and Intelligence. Leave this to the Battle Crusaders. These stats do not help with increasing our Buffs effects.

[IMG] Javelin of Victory (1) ~
    Really great utility skill, but nothing more. Can pierce and hold up to 8 enemies in place when charged.

[IMG] Blades of Purity (1) - (5) ~
    Leave this skill at one, although a very good skill with an awesome Hit Stun when Maxed, we won't have enough SP to get it to that point. But if you plan on getting Deflection Wall get five for it's prerequisite.

[IMG] Cancel - Blades of Purity (0) ~
    You should not even be able to get this skill, unless you somehow made Blades of Purity fit into your build.. It will not be worth it even if you did get five points into Blades of Purity.

[IMG] Heaven's Melody (5) - (20) ~
    This skill is needed for Divine Invocation, 5 for Prerequisites. It increases your Max HP and MP. I never got this, so I can't really comment on this. Personally I prefer more offense than defense. If you plan on investing in this skill you should also invest your SP into Harmony. Will increase HP/MP more as your Vitality/Spirit gets higher.

[IMG] Heaven's Harmony (0) - (MAX 9) ~
    This skill allows Heaven's Melody to become a party buff and increase its values by a set percent when you level it. It costs 100SP at first, then 10SP for the following levels. If you plan to get this skill, you should max both this and Melody to maximize their potential increase in Max HP/MP.

[IMG] Sign of Protection (MAX 20) ~
    As a Support Crusader you want to Max this skill, it increases your buffing capabilities (Spirit and Vitality) as well as increase Physical and Magic Defense. If used on party members it can absorb 30% of the damage taken for a certain amount of damage.

[IMG] Spiritual Sacrifice (0) - (MAX 10) ~
    This skill is used when the Crusader himself dies, which restores a certain amount of HP and MP to party members. This skill is needed as a prerequisite to the Awakening, so if you plan on getting it, go ahead and Max this skill. If you have any left over SP and want to make your death animation special, one point is enough.

[IMG] Revenge of Light (MAX 18) ~
    A buff that increases your Magic Defense, and~ drops lightning from the sky! A very awesome buff that should be Maxed, it will drop lightning at a set percentage when you attack or get attacked from Magic Damage. Do note you want to first give this buff to fast attacking classes (Monks, Rangers, Weapon Masters, etc..).

[IMG] Light of Divinity (MAX 10) ~
    A absorbent bubble that can shield you or party members from Physical Damage for a set amount of time/damage. Characters in the bubble are also able to attack, perfect, you should max this.

[IMG] Fast Heal (3) - (10) - (MAX 18) ~
    Usually gotten as a Prerequisite to Divine Invocation (3) and Healing Wind (10). Unlike Slow Heal it will instantly heal your selected target. Will heal more as your Vitality increases.

Fast Heal at Max heals for 374 HP (without Spirit calculations) with a total of 14 charges, which is a total of 5236 HP possible to restore. The SP invested is 360 SP + 150 SP from Slow Heal, which totals 510 SP.

Getting two more levels into it (Level 20 Fast Heal) will give you an extra charge (15 charges) and heals for 426, which totals to 6390 HP possible to restore.

Getting another level of it (Level 21 Fast Heal) will give you an additional charge (16 charges) and heals for 453, which totals to 7248 HP possible to restore.

Do note that in order to reach these extra amounts you will need Equipment or a Advance Avatar top that adds to Fast Heal.

[IMG] Deflection Wall (0) - (1) ~
    Creates a wall that does damage upon being created. It has really great utility properties for zoning, allies can go through the wall while enemies can not. Most Support Crusaders probably won't bother getting this.

[IMG] Divine Invocation (MAX 16) ~
    An awesome party buff that gives bonuses to Strength and Intelligence making your party members and you stronger than ever. Should Max if you are a Support Crusader. Strength/Intelligence bonus will get higher as your Vitality/Spirit increases.

[IMG] Flash Sphere (0) ~
    A sphere of light that explodes after a certain duration causing damage and a stun status effect too enemy's in a certain distance that were facing it. It really does have great utility unfortunately in order for the Stun to have any affect on higher level monsters, you must upgrade it(?). It costs SP we don't have the luxury of having.

[IMG] Fountain of Life (MAX 11) ~
    When casted on a party member or yourself it will revive the selected person when HP reaches 0 for a certain amount of HP. Also will increase the Attack and Movement Speed of surrounding characters and the buffed person. Who would not love this skill? HP restored after reviving will increase with higher Vitality.

[IMG] Hammer of Repentance (0) ~
    The "Ban Hammer" has a humongous hit box, really hard to actually miss lol. A great skill for Battle Crusaders if they plan to invest in it, has a chance to convert the damaged enemies to your side for a duration. Unfortunately for us we will not have enough SP to get this as the prerequisite are quite devastating.

[IMG] Healing Wind (0) - (MAX 8) ~
    A party heal that gives invulnerability for a set duration after the heal. Some people may choose to not get this, but it does heal for quite a bit, and heals MP as well. HP/MP restored will increase as your Vitality/Spirit increases.

Healing Wind at Max heals for 468 HP to all party members and 187 MP to party members only (without Spirit calculations) with a total of 5 charges, which is a total of 9360 HP and 2805 MP possible to restore; the invulnerability lasts for 8.21 seconds. The SP invested is 175 SP + 150 SP from Slow Heal + 200 SP from Fast Heal, which totals 525 SP.

[IMG] Righteous Judgement (0) ~ Summons a Angel that will throw Spears/Javelins in a circle in front of the Crusader. Great skill for Battle Crusaders, unfortunately the prerequisites are really demanding even for the Battle Crusaders..

[IMG] Aura of Conviction (1) ~
    Now this skill is a bit iffy, at first sight it may seem like a very good passive, but there's a little trick. The skill effect affects people in a certain radius of the Crusader and depends upon the Crusaders current HP. The Radius is 300px which isn't that huge at all, be prepared to get hit. At Max it will give 39 to all Stats when full on HP, and 4 when very low on HP. That's pretty low for 150 SP, better off just getting the Active Awakening.

[IMG] Apocalypse (0) - (1) ~
    A funky ball of light that gives great bonuses, then will become a ball of destruction. After several discussion it was said to ignore this skill or get only 1 point into it, due to the fact that it does not scale great enough for it's tremendous SP cost. Bonus does not scale with your stats. Boooo~

The Max for the skill is 7, so if you are planning to max this be prepared to invest a total of 350 SP + 100 SP from Spiritual Sacrifice which totals 450 SP.

(Strength/Intelligence Boost): 58 (Level 1) ~ 100 (MAX)
    (Physical/Magic Defense): 980 (Level 1) ~ 1605 (MAX)
    (Attack/Movement Speed): 5% (Level 1) ~ 8% (MAX)
    (Laser Damage): 327 (Level 1) ~ 525 (MAX)
    (Finale Damage): 13080 (Level 1) ~ 21000 (MAX)

~Closing~

Anyways, if you actual read the whole thing or even skimmed through it, I would like to thank you for your time.

Would like to thank the following people who has helped me with this build: Dice Dragon, DualReaver, geenareno, Stark, Thuvian, trisomy and VariousGuy. Though they may not know it hehe.

Credit for skill icons goes to our very own wiki and their contributors!

Will update this with feedback from you guys as well.
  2. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

i feel special :>

Very nice overall listing of Crusader skills, with the only ones that need more testing would be the Heaven's set, since nobody seems to ever get them.

I also like your analysis of the heal/sp cost for the 3 biggest heals.
  3. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Thank you for the feedback Dual! And indeed if only there was someone experience with the Heaven's skills here on the forum~ hmm..
  4. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

ach I don't feel as though I should be credited. Really good build though.
  5. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Thank you for your feedback geen! and you guys did help me with the Apocalypse discussion. It's still going on over at DFOSource, but I think they will eventually reach the same conclusion. I would really love to be able to fit it in, and it is possible, if I trade it in with Healing Wind.. or Strike.. hmm.

Also finally added pretty skill icons, looks so pro~ j/k.
  6. VariousGuy Dead Guy

This is slowly turning into a Support Crusader guide.

I'll try to help out with the Heaven skills on my support crusader. Gotta find a build for them though.
  7. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Ah that would be awesome! Not really planning to make a guide as I'm not competent enough. But if it would help with Source's continous "Build Help" threads, might post it over there with a few tweaks here and there.

And let me see if I can help you with said build, if Max Melody and Harmony maybe something like:

With Healing Wind or With Strike

And if neither of those you still do have 316 SP, don't know your preferences, so they might not be to your liking.
  8. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Thanks for the builds. Now all I need to do is test the skill.

EDIT: Well I just dicked around by myself on my Support Crusader (he's only Lv.37 btw), but I think I can give out some basic results.

Heaven's Melody gives health and MP, but it's interesting how it works. Let's say you have 2750 health and 1500 MP. Heaven's Melody, for this example, will give out 250 HP and MP. So now you'll have 3000 HP and 1750 MP. Then you start to fight and stuff and you lose HP and MP. Then Heaven's melody goes away. It doesn't kill your HP and MP, it scales out how much HP to max you would have if you didn't buff, and gives you that instead. It's kind of a weird damage reduction/mp conservation.

Heaven's Harmony does NOT double Heaven's Melody's buffs. Lv.1 just turns it into a cube party buff. Putting more levels into this makes it the longest lasting buff, and improves the use of it.

So if you're gonna get Heaven's Harmony, I suggest making it your second buff in line. By which I mean:

Emblem of Protection > Heaven's Harmony > Other buffs

This way, you don't waste as much MP, same with your party.
  9. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

I'll see if I can ask my friend in my guild with a Heal/Def Crusader, since he has both Heaven's buffs maxed and says it's amazing.
  10. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Thank you very muchfor testing this out! :D

Hmm very interesting, I guess it sort of how Harmony worked PrePatch, I believe. So you're saying:

-All Harmony does is make Melody and Party buff and increases its value by percent when leveled.
    -When Harmony is in effect and HP/MP are used, after Harmony's duration ends, the percent of current to Max HP/MP is what you're left with. So for example if you had a 50% Current HP to Max HP ratio with the buff, without it will be the same 50% Current to Max HP ratio.

Please correct me if I misunderstood this.

So with Harmony, parties will actually be able to spam more skills without worrying about MP? When the buff is used does it restore/scale it to the new Max HP/MP like it did PrePatch? What do you think of how it scales with HP/MP?

If all this is true, I actually might be quite interested, hmmm.

I apologize for all the new questions lol, if we could party at a time, that would be great as we can directly communicate hehe.

So he really likes the buff, but if you could also confirm how it scales with Vitality/Spirit that would be awesome!

No need for crazy calculation, a simple good or bad would be fine, lol.

-------

I really do appreciate the help you guys are giving! Crusaders in general really do have nice personalities~ :3

Not that other classes don't.. *cough* *cough*.
  11. VariousGuy Dead Guy

You're welcome. Might keep this Support Crusader and keep using the Heaven stuff.

That's how it is, pretty much. At Lv.9, it increases the HP and MP buff by 44% and increases the duration by 16%.

You can go a little more crazy with MP, though I would still be careful. That's just me, though.

Your current health scales with the new health. It's a lot easier to see when you've taken damage/used mp. The HP and MP pools won't move, but they still increase.

It's fine. I was kinda curious myself. I always doubted the Heaven skills, but now, I kinda like them.

It should scale like every other Crusader buff. This means that 500 Vitality doubles the HP buff and 500 Spirit doubles the MP buff.

Indeed. Crusaders can fight, and some Crusaders can buff. Then again, the Priest classes tend to be pretty unique. Monks can go crazy with their masteries and Exos can go eithe rmagic or physical.
  12. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

I believe the calculation in dices thread would be correct for that, but not for heals.
  13. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Oh, then that does make it simpler to understand on how effective it is. I should try finding out healing scales.

And thank you again VariousGuy for reaffirming my thoughts, so pretty much if you were to get the Heaven's Skills you *should* max both.
  14. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Heals scale with Vitality. MP restoration scales with Spirit. So Slow Heal, Fast Heal, Fountain of Life, and the HP Heal of Healing Wind scales on your Vitality, and the MP restoring of Healing Wind scales with Spirit. They all work the same as the other buffs.

You're welcome. :D

Yes you should max both. 44% increase of 97 HP up and 77 MP up won't save you. :p
  15. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

The question is if the HP increase scales at a VIT/240 rate like we have found the heals to do.
  16. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I'll test this again. Same Crusader. Same stuff.

EDIT: With Vitality at 347 and Heaven's Melody buffing HP by 171, it buffed my Crusader's HP from 2735 to 3024. The difference is 289, which isn't double of 171 (obviously).

With Spirit at 319 and Heaven's Melody buffing MP by 137, it buffed my Crusader's MP from 1535 to 1759. The difference is 224, which isn't double of 137 (again, obviously).

This means that Heaven's Melody's buffs don't use the Vitality/240 and Spirit/240 like the HP and MP restoration buffs do. They probably use the standard Vitality/500 and Spirit/500, like the other buffs do.

EDIT2: Also, in your OP, you said that Melody doesn't buff MP until you get Heaven's Harmony. This isn't true. It always buffs MP. Just thought I'd point that out.
  17. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

Yeah, just tested it, and it does double its values per 500 Vitality/Spirit like you two were expecting.

And thank you for the note Various, edited it to be correct.