Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Nexon... -_-

Discussion in 'Srz Bsns - Talk Fashion ITT' started by conewicci, Mar 18, 2011.

1. conewicci I dun goofed.

"It’s the Great Green St. Patrick’s Day Sale!
    [ 03.16.11 - 03.22.11 ]

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh! As we swing into spring and new life comes to Maple World, the residents want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with you!

From March 16th to 22nd, 2011, a ton of green decorative items are available for 25% off. So go on and go green this St. Pat’s Day – you won’t have to spend nearly as much gold!

Sláinte!

Is leor nod don eolach!
    Get some NX today!

Still need more? How about this great NX offer?"

Oh god that's a serious fail...
  2. tails360 I have a CAPE.

I dun geddit.
    Also you need a sig :v
  3. conewicci I dun goofed.

Lol yeah I do need a sig. :v

Look at the underlined stuff. It's in another language. o.o
  4. AlekianKnight Former Lurker

The language is Irish, the language of the culture from which St. Patrick's day comes so in that sense its fitting. I imagine MS's average player will be just as confused as you were though if not more so, so I think Nexon failed to account for its audience pretty badly.
  5. conewicci I dun goofed.

._. It's Irish? Well anyways, how the hell would I know that? ;-; Irish really isn't a very common language to see in California...
  6. VariousGuy Dead Guy

I don't mind them using Irish for an Irish event. It's fitting.
  7. conewicci I dun goofed.

Yeah I didn't know it was Irish though. I thought they failed and didn't translate late it...

Now I feel like a dumbass... =_=
  8. Heidi Member

I guessed it was Irish from looking at the context of the post. St Patrick's Day is Irish, so it seemed appropriate that the "random looking language" is Irish. I worked this out having never seen Irish before. I put the Irish stuff into google translate.

All it requires is a wee bit of lateral thinking, and I'm surprised that more of you didn't get it. You guys are silly :p
  9. conewicci I dun goofed.

The thing is... I saw it while I was bored, and decided to look for Nexon screw ups. I saw this, and so I jumped to the conclusion that it's just a really big screw up, not Irish, so I never bothered thinking about how it's for St. Patrick's day and stuff.
  10. Heidi Member

Just goes to show how bad Nexon is. Nobody has any faith in them anymore