Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Need help finding a game (Very picky!)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Heidi, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Heidi Member

I don't know of very many games, so I'm asking for advice on this one.

What I'd really like is a game that just runs on my PC, ideally without internet, is a rpg, has a very big exploring aspect, preferably has lots of things to kill and a reasonably complex skills system to kill the stuff with (None of the 1 button to attack shit) and won't just take a few hours to complete. Some at least halfway decent graphics would be nice too.

Alteratively I'd be interested in looking at something like that that would run on some kind of handheld console that I'd be able to get either new or used for not too much. I don't currently have any handheld consoles, but I have thought a little about how I'd like to have one, so yeah. That's up for consideration too. (Obviously on a handheld I'd flag the req about halfway decent graphics)

Is there anything suitable out there that fits what I want?

Christmas is getting near and I need ideas of things to ask for, lol.
  2. Bernelli Death By Revolver

3. TheHolyGuy Member

Mass Effect for PC if you can run it.
  4. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

5. Bernelli Death By Revolver

Dragon Age: Origins and Dark Messiah
  6. Yuneiko Alt-a-holic

Portables: Get a DS lite + flash card or look for a used, older PSP and custom firmware it.
  7. Archie Mexocan

There's so much strategic value in that game! :trollface:

Lol, there needs to be more games that aren't about stacking the right stats and abusing the strongest moves.
  8. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

You could get a laptop and run em... Play Sims!
  9. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

I've been playing Assassin's Creed 2 lately and it's pretty fun. The main story seems kinda short, only took me like 16 total hours maybe? But there's lots of little things to find like collecting treasure, hidden glyphs, etc. Also, there's small, repeatable (different purpose, same style) side missions as well. Combat is somewhat lackluster at times (just click to attack, directions to aim where you hit/defend), but the stealthy assassinations are fun to do.
    The world is limited to cities that you've unlocked, but each city is pretty big and you can explore for the collection stuff that I measured earlier. You're also very acrobatic and can run around rooftops and climb almost anything.
    The RPG aspect of it is kinda iffy. You can't customize your character beyond picking weapons, upgrade armor, and dyeing clothes.
  10. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

This.

And also Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
    I'll show you where to get it on skype later if your interested.
  11. Bernelli Death By Revolver

Nice to see that someone else is actually aware of the fact that the game even exists, for once.
  12. conewicci I dun goofed.

I've heard Assassin's Creed is really good, from my friends.

... Man that was a bad joke...
  13. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Am confused
  14. conewicci I dun goofed.

Ass/ass/in.
  15. Vibe 8===D~~ O:

you dun goofed
  16. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

It happened in the right place at the wrong time. :(
    I love the archer class in multiplayer, dat drill arrow.
  17. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Fallout 3 / Fallout New Vegas. You have a shiton of things to do (Quest or exploring). It doesn't have fancy killing skills but it do have fancy weapons to kill (Mini nukes, Alien Blaster, Etc.) Also its mod friendly (Infinite fun raging from new weapons/armors to places etc. Depending on the fan community)

Mass effect... Meh i just can't get into that game (I had if for almost 3 weeks now and only have played like 1 or 2 hours :/)
  18. conewicci I dun goofed.

i c wat u did thar

Some of my close friends recently got into that, Fallout 3. From what I've heard, it's AMAZING.
  19. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Its a beast of game. Too bad i haven't the time to play it because im still finishing new vegas... Always end up finding some new shit to do instead of finishing the main quest once and for all >.>... Only bad thing of Fallout its the low level cap (Fallout 3 vainilla lvl 20 With point lookout i think lvl 30. And Fallout NV lvl 30 with the DLC of Dead money which is coming only for the Xbox360 for now 35.) But then again you could always mod your game to get a higher lvl cap with new perks and whatnot and make it more difficult.

Edit: Also if you don't like any of these choice you could wait for Fable 3 to come out for the PC god knows when (The eur ver comes this month or the next if iirc).
  20. Yuneiko Alt-a-holic