Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Make your keyboard faster

Discussion in 'Guides' started by SpyydeR, May 14, 2010.

1. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

I started doing this when playing KartRider so I could multi/link boost faster(stole it from some pro koreans). It helps here, and any other game where a faster keyboard could help too.

Start > run > type in "regedit" >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Control Panel >> Keyboard.

Values:
    Initial Keyboard Indicators >> Double click and change value to 2.
    Keyboard Delay >> Change to 0.
    Keyboard Speed >> Change to 48.

This is for XP, not sure if its different for Vista/Windows 7 so if ur using one of those figure it out urself.

Edit: Also, if you're using a USB keyboard/mouse you can overclock your USB ports to make them even faster. This is usually done by FPS players to increase mouse precision. I won't post how to do it here tho, u can search google if ur interested. Be careful if u try this though.
  2. Stream Is Starting Anew.

If somebody confirms it works with Vista safely.
    I'll do.
  3. saccharin That one crazy witch

Does it.. read inputs faster? or what does this actually do?
  4. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

Less delay between u pressing the button and the action happening.
  5. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

Is this the same as changing it in the control panel? o_o
  6. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

No. keyboard speed is capped at 31 if u use the control panel.
  7. Fynl Lunchbox Hero

I see, this will certainly be helpful then, thanks!
  8. HellMuT mite b cool

People will overclock anything. BRB overclocking my Mouse Pad for smoother movement.
  9. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

My Qck+ pad says hai.
  10. saccharin That one crazy witch

I've overclocked my graphing calculator before
  11. TofuYoshi とうふヨッシー

I don't really seem to notice any difference, but then again, I'm not that keen on timings.
  12. saccharin That one crazy witch

Maybe this makes the computer read button mashing faster, which means you can spam out of freeze/stun faster?
  13. Ultimaga Ninja!

Thanks a bunch =)
  14. Lunar New Member

I just did this and I don't notice anything visually. I guess maybe the best way to gauge performance difference is with a testing program of sorts?
  15. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

Has anyone tried this on vista if not i might do it so I can let people know. Also is the speed faster when pushing it past 48? or No suggesting that? Or is there a limit and 48 is it?
  16. Garble o no

This is a true protip.
  17. BeyondInsane 狂気

so why 48 i was able to put in any # there
  18. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

Alright I Feel im just about to start testing today and what not. Cause no ones giving feed back on why 48 Like Beyond asked and if it works on vista.
  19. Stream Is Starting Anew.

Difference?
    Noticeable or anything?
  20. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

Ive been really trying to recover from my sickness so doubt this is best time to try it lol Maybe ill do it most likely tomorrow afternoon