Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Let's Discuss: Rising Emblem and PvE

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Archie, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Archie Mexocan

http://www.dfosource.com/forum/priest/47597-lets-discuss-rising-emblem-pve.html

I'd like as much input as possible.
    Since we will all get a handy SP reset on the 20th, I decided to fuck up by build, max rising emblem and get its controversial cancel. Before I attempt to write a PvE Magic Exorcist guide to answer future questions to come, I gotta get a lot of input.

First off: What is the most ideal level of rising emblem for PvE?
    (Obviously the best level for PvP is max derp)

Dice dragon pointed that a high level of rising emblem is bad (theoretically of course) because its launch is powerful to the point that it would lower DPS. A powerful launch will make zoning go to waste.

However, other people have pointed out that a high level of rising emblem is good because the extremely powerful launch gives valuable breathing room.

But since we're generally all American players without much experience of post patch exorcists, I guess we're left on our own to figure out what's best.

Anyways, here are my thoughts on the levels of rising emblem that I had:

Level 1: Aoe size is pitiful, launching power is a joke.

Level 5: Eh, not as bad as level 1, but the launch is still too weak to be comboable. With Dice Dragon's theory in consideration, level 5 rising emblem's launch is about the highest to stay within white tiger's Z axis reach.

Level 10:The launch and AoE is pretty decent. About as powerful as the level 9 rising shot that prospective gunners seem to love so much :confused:. Comfortably comboable into Cutting Darkness.

Level 17: Lolol, maybe I have made too big of a jump from level 10, but I really wanted to haxor up my launch just to see what it's like. This is just strong enough to launch monsters off-screen. Comboable into Legion (Legion juggle is hax, although legion already keeps standing monsters in stunlock)

But even if the launch makes it possible to combo into legion, Dice Dragon was correct; A launch this powerful is detrimental to zoning exorcists like myself. The launch is powerful that lightning amulet will miss if it tries to hit something that's falling down, and it's definitely powerful enough to make tiger orbs miss and fly under mid-air targets if not timed correctly.

However, my idea of using rising emblem to give breathing space to run around to zone... It works, when it doesn't miss lol (and you'll be running straight into mobs).

Even though the launch of this skill is bad, I find it very, very surprising that this skill does as much damage as my nirvana.

Lastly, for rising emblem cancel... I will not say anything just yet, because all this time, I've been using a silly cast speed setup that I know that not all magic exorcists will have (I have 87% cast speed without buffs, according to the stat table). Cast speed may or may not make a difference of whether this cancel is usable or not.

Now, what are your guy's experiences with various levels of rising emblem?
    And, what kind of exorcist are you? While I am the zone-and-cube exorcist, a skill-cycling exorcist is very likely going to have different opinions.
  2. Nirvanasa Grape Drank....

Well fuck. I think Rising Emblem is a Fantastic skill that should be maxed. The Breathing room. Is Fucking useful. Damage-wise, It's not spectacular, but it's definitly useable.

So, I don't know. I'm a really biased person. So you might not agree with me, but I mage my point.
  3. TheHolyGuy Member

I will level emblem to 10 and see what it does for me on my hybrid
  4. Archie Mexocan

Damage not being spectacular? It does just a little less damage than one nirvana if maxed.
  5. Nirvanasa Grape Drank....

Well its not Sits.
  6. TheHolyGuy Member

So after a few matches against an exo testing this, I find Ascension Circle to be mildly useful as a Hybrid PVP exo. The launch is good and I use it after SitS to combo into amulet and chaos hammer. Weapon Launcher is super armored, however, and I find launcher to be better. I tested it at lvl 10
  7. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

how big is it maxed
  8. Archie Mexocan

Potentially off screen. Level 17 touches the edge of my screen =o
  9. RawrBomb New Member

One thing affects my decision for my Magical Exorcist: Is Furious Grab still a high priority for SP distribution? Between cycling Nirvana, Tigers, and keep away skills (Piercing the Darkness, Smasher, Crucifix Wind, Star in the Sky), a max level AoE launch sounds lovely for breathing room on cooldowns and setting up more stuff. I can however substitute for a level 20 FG which should be as strong, if not stronger than Holy Amulet.

Here's what I plan for him at max level. Some obvious things to note are I'm over the SP limit, mostly because I can't decide if to keep Ancient Memory or lose it, or scrap something else:

http://oldmanclub.co.cc/asps/act5/e...lllllililliiilIi!!illllD1llilillll!i1ilIJLFiH

No I will not lower my Dragon Hammer or Birds. Since it's more PvE based I'd like some room clearing abilities.
  10. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

11. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

12. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Maxed Rising Emblem -> Maxed Birds.

Shit dies.
  13. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

15. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves

It gains more magic attack as well.
  16. Archie Mexocan

Yeah, srsly. 6% damage gain per hit x 12 total hits = 72% percent gain. That isn't even factoring the chances of lightning strikes aim at the same place three times if monsters stand close enough to each other.

<_<

>_>
  17. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Why does everyone leave cutting darkness at 1?
  18. DualReaver ǝʇnɔ os ɯ,ı

Because it has the longest cooldown of all the magic exorcist spammable attacks, and pushes stuff away from your range. Personally, I'd max FG over Cutting Darkness, simply because pro.
  19. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Scales badly.
  20. Archie Mexocan

Not if you take in account for the close-range magic attack, then it scales awesomely, basically double the damage from 1 to max. But the issue is that not all of us are skill cyclers, so we don't need to level up darkness.