Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by conewicci, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TrueGamer New Member

Heroes of Newerth is to League of Legends what Star Wars is to LEGO Star Wars.
    Hon = more serious gamers / LoL = for the kiddies.
  2. conewicci I dun goofed.

So far I'm not too great at this game... I can't get the hang of playing a carry for some reason, but those are the roles that appeal to me the most (Dampeer, Blood Hunter, Swiftblade, etc. I'm interested in Madman actually, but I haven't played a game today so far where he wouldn't be... useless on that team, due to us already having a carry). Although, (I at least feel) I do well when I play as Myrmidon/Bubbles, particularly Myrmidon, due to the all of the stuns, a dash and the ult making him able to fight close while being ranged.
  3. Rawrrr Bitch.

Eh Myrm isn't all that great unless you're really good at him. It's not that he's bad, it's just he's more of a mid game hero who doesn't really do much late game. You're better off practicing Bubbles, he's great through all stages and is just generally a really good pick on any team.

I wouldn't recommend trying carries until you're more experienced in the game, just try some of the easier/more forgiving heroes for now
  4. conewicci I dun goofed.

Yeah I know he becomes fairly bad late game, but it's just that he's sooooo easy to play and fun... I've been playing Bubbles more recently because I heard he's a load better throughout the whole game, but honestly I don't think he's that amazing so far. Not bad, but just not really awesome, like I heard he is.
  5. Rawrrr Bitch.

Bubbles is an initiator, ganker, pusher and semi-carry all in one. He's also a great solo mid, and just an all round solid pick.

Myrm players just tend to be ward sluts, not being useful for much else. There are better picks, but he's a decent hero when you're starting out because of how easy he is.