Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Help me choose what to invest in.

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by TheHolyGuy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. TheHolyGuy Member

Okay so DFO is a pretty good game. But I'm running into some problems.

1. I've invested into an Elementalist, about 4mil, and I've given up on it. But I don't want the gear I bought for it to go to waste. I'll try to AH it and 2 cspd avas to make some back.
    2. I've invested about 3mil into a PVP ranger, but I'm too lazy to level it. I also want to AH its avas.
    3. I want to start a Striker, but I don't have any funds without AHing anything.

I've decided to stick with two characters for now. My FSpit and Hybrid Exo. Both are PVP characters. If I make the Striker, it will be PVP. Both of the aforementioned characters do decent in PVE. I heard that Strikers do well in PVE even if they are PVP centered.

So, a few questions:

1. Should I continue the Elementalist? Its original purpose was to be a farming character but I hate playing it.
    2. The Ranger I've invested in is PVP and I haven't completely given up on it, though I feel like I should level my other characters (Hybrid and FSpit).
    3. Should I invest into a Striker if I reach 45 on my exo and FSpit?
    4. Can anybody inform me as to whether or not leveling my FSpit and Exo beyond 48 will have any negative effects? (I do not know whether or not stats get respecced after you awaken over lvl 48)

Thank you if you read this :)
  2. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

I think you've got it figured out but afaik only grappler and witch get stat growth changes with awakening so you should be good.
  3. Ring "...that's my role."

Elementalist as a farming? what the fuck, you'll burn out your mana PLUS you hate playing it... strikers gonna burn your MP pots too.

iirc only witches and grappler stats growth are A BIT different when they awaken.

You got experience as a DFOer now, make a Zerk and go farm, or just use your exo to farm. The fund w/e you feel like playing, but invest in a minimum of two characters though... I learned just recently.
  4. ArtSlay _________________________

Make 2 mechs, 1 male, 1 female, problem solved.

But really, if you want to farm, make a female mech, don't even need to invest anything except a good lv45-50 gun.

And pick a class you really like to pvp with.
  5. TheHolyGuy Member

Okay thanks. Part of my problem was the stat growth change with awakenings. I didn't want to overlevel my characters or farm them too much exp
  6. NuMbA Light's Out

When I don't want to play a character I just try to complete at least 1 quest a day, or use all my coins.
    Also if you do make a striker they aren't expensive, the only thing that should cost you is avatars and those really expensive equips.
  7. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

1. If you dislike playing the Elementalist, don't play it.. No point in playing a class that isn't fun for you.

2. Well if you're too lazy to level the Ranger you can take a break from it. Not sure what level it is, but doing atleast the dailies would be great to level it.

3. From what I have seen, Strikers are monsters in PvE and they can do great without a highly +ed weapon, and wrecks havoc on dungeons with a highly +ed weapon. So if you have the time to level one, it could be a great choice; just be sure to test out the class before you invest too much into it.

4. geen and Ring answered this already.

Overall I think it's best to play a class you enjoy playing as (Obviously). So if some of them are getting dull for you, take a break from it and play another one.
  8. Tomato I am man, and also god

Don't know where you are coming from with this. At least outside of PVP Strikers are pretty damn expensive if you actually want to deal damage. Since Striker is almost a fully percent damage based class it is just about as expensive as a ranger since you need +11 or above to do decent damage (apart from the fixed damage awakening), oh yeah.. Halgi surely helps too.

Besides that my Striker ended up chugging more potions than even my monk. Some people suggest that I am playing it wrong and should not be spamming all buffs and skills, however I do not agree. If I hold back on that, I may as well play a Grappler or a Brawler, or heck.. even a perma Fighter. :rolleyes:
  9. NuMbA Light's Out

You don't need a +11. Just because we are a percentage class like rangers doesn't mean we do. Striker do not need a Halgi to be good. The only thing that I would say is true in your post is the mp chugging but that can be avoided if you party alot.