Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Greg, here's a suggestion.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Archie, May 31, 2010.

1. Archie Mexocan

Instead of (USER HAS BLAH BLAH BLAH)

It should be (User has blah blah blah)

Text that is in all caps are annoying because it appears to us (well, to me at least) to be loud and monotonous. To me, text that's in all caps are read to me as if some idiot it shouting at me with a monotonous tone. I don't think we want that, do we?

Also, the default red (#FF0000) is very irritating because well, it's red. I changed the red to something softer, to #EE1111 so it's still red and attention-grabbing, but less irritating.
  2. Heidi Member

This is exactly what I was getting at in my post on the original thread. Shouting is a bit unnecessary imo. I don't think that the colour thing is that bad, as infractions shouldn't be appearing on too many posts. They catch my eyes constantly, and that's annoying. Seriously guys please don't do that :p

Now what irritates me is the fake infraction notices that some people put on their posts and the fake infraction notices/ things that closely resemble an infraction notice that have creeped into some sigs :p
  3. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Oh really? i wonder what douche got that in his sig... (Oh wait...)

Also the best solution for this problem is: Don't get infracted Period. And theres also not that many infraction being handled right now so this is not really a problem yet... but thats just my opinion
  4. Greg Space Cowboy

I personally love how bold and obnoxious the text notifications are. It comes off as something like "You did something naughty, so let's make sure everybody knows".

"Caps are annoying" or "THE RED IS TOO BRIGHT OMG" don't seem like good enough reasons to go through the trouble of altering something that really shouldn't need to be in the first place. I could throw the ugliest, most eye-soring color into my signature but you're not going to ask me to change it, so why change this?
  5. Heidi Member

Yeah... I just wonder who that might be :p
    But at the very least, could you please correct the english in it? It's "a", not "an". It drives me nuts every time I read it :p (Subconciously, that might actually be the main reason I dislike that sig)

Anyway, even if I don't get infracted, I still have to see the ugly things in other peoples posts. That's the point I was trying to make. Though I guess that it's worse for the person that gets the infraction if it stays how it is, so I can see the reason that it is the way it is.
  6. Greg Space Cowboy

I'm afraid it's intentional. It is pretty dumb though, isn't it.
  7. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

The "an" part was not so intentional, I just took the infraction part and put Cookie instead.
  8. Greg Space Cowboy

Oh, I guess that would make more sense. My b, bro.
  9. joe user New Member

10. LHCGreg Code monkey like Fritos

(USER'S FEEDBACK WAS IMPLEMENTED)

Still very visible but less loud.
  11. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Can you do something about fake infraction messages in people's sigs? Like censor (User received an infraction for this post) to something else so it doesn't look like people are getting infracted all the time.
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

You can tell the difference with a thin grey line between the sig and the post.
    It isn't nessissary and will likely take away more colour from the forum.
  13. Heidi Member

There are lots of other things to put in sigs. Yes, you can tell the difference, but when scrolling down a page, it's a nuisance.
  14. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

And most of the fake infraction ones got another word placed where the "Infraction" would be.

Lol u mad?
  15. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

It wouldn't be any different from complaining your big purples letters are a nuisance to scroll past.
    Stop whining about nothing.
  16. Heidi Member

Sometimes if a thread is really really spammy I'll scroll a bit down it. Being the curious being I am though, I'll stop if I see an infraction post. Those sigs are false alarms :(
    Do you understand the point I'm making now?
  17. Dante9898 ~Derail Master~

Thats the fun of putting those sigs
  18. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I understand more than anyone because I love reading the drama when I see a locked thread.
    When a thread gets locked because the user requested it simply because the thread was redundant, yes I get annoyed I watsed 5 seconds of my time but it isn't enough to make me complain to the admin about it.
  19. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Some of the skins don't have that line, which makes it irritating.
  20. Nueflheimr [Insert Cookie Here]

The Dark Vision one has it, but it's barely visible on my monitor lol, I actually didn't notice the infraction sig until this thread.. D:

EDIT: Actually it's hard to see the line on most of them, vBlue Dark doesn't have it though.