Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Witch Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Holypie, May 10, 2010.

1. Tempo Tasteless

Looking over the post patch skill changes, going to post them here

Shururu: Doesnt last as long, 10 seconds compared to the 20 he used to.

Ancient library: adds a 81 int buff for 60 secs at max, pretty nice, too bad AL has a shit down time

Disenchant: Adds a debuff to whatever gets hit for -2% attack/cast speed per level lol -20% at max level + huge range = epic. Also adds a +60 INT bonus when maxed if you hit something with it.

Befriends: Stay the same

Dusts: Dont really know the differences actually, except i hear the damage cal is cahnged to make it even more OP

Man-toe: Changes damage calc to fixed + percentile, gp upgrade your broom sacc. at max its really nice, 1600 + 220% before they change it later (lolopdamage)

EMM: Failure hits 4 times, sleeper 10 times, crazy. normal success damage is buffed, sleeper is reduced (from 560% percentile +fixed to 460% + fixed at max, kind of meh) rates changed to 20/60/20

Jackie: Auto detonatable, damage on normal and sleep reduced to about 85% of pre-patch, bawwww no more 25k non crits ;_; (With breymen, AM, and -fire res of course) rates changed to 20/60/20

Swatter: Summons goblin archers/guardians instead of failgoblins/loltaus. Rates changed to 20/60/20. Damage changed to fixed + percentile (YES.)
    max pre-patch is 4416, changed to 322% + 2848 (HELL YES)
    (Post patch has a 27% summon rate in PvP, 90% in PvE)

Lolli: Nothing to say here.

Acid Rain: almost a 400% damage boost. (282 normal before patch to 780 post) Sexy. everything else is the same. Rates changed to 20/52.5/17.5

Lava Jewce~: 200% damage boost (484 to 9xx) Move speed and jump speed redux boost. (Lol -60%
    move speed at max) Size now changes along with level for normal success. Rates changed to 20/52.5/17.5

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Broom spin): Percent damage increase by about +20% at max level, heals upon confusion

DEFY GRAVITY MACHINE THING: Damage is... Reduced? What...? to about 95% of original.. What? That has to be wrong... Rates changed to 40/45/15

Florae Collider: 200% damage of original Rates changed to 40/45/15

Furnace: 200% damage increase. Rates changed to 40/45/15

Troll Car: Damage increase, Time Decrease. Rates changed to 40/45/15

I'm still confused about gravatias.. that cant be right ;_;

Reposted because some people won't go on source anymore
  2. saccharin That one crazy witch

Said it once and I'll say it again. dat manteau. delicious extra damage.
  3. Rawrrr Bitch.

And people complain that witches are nerfed.
  4. Tempo Tasteless

Never seen someone call it a nerf. Although two of my skills got nerfed damage wise ._.

Oh yeah, the damage numbers were taken from the 60 cap, the percents will be close if not the same as for our 50 cap though
  5. saccharin That one crazy witch

Butthurt people tell me after I've beaten them that 1, witches are terrible in PvE, or 2, that manteau will be nerfed. I just pity them. They'll be REALLY crying post patch.
  6. AsmaPatchu Iris is still mai waifu.

Most misinformed people only hear that Black Manteau loses its invincibility in exchange for super armor. So they believe the "witch patch" is actually a nerf.

Also, don't the invincible duration skills like Furnace and Collider turn from invincible into super armor with reduced damage? And I heard something about the AoEs not having cube requirements anymore.
  7. saccharin That one crazy witch

That's true. We take 1/3 damage in tier3s
  8. Rawrrr Bitch.

I thought it was 20%? Then again that could just be a 2nd Impact thing.

And manteau only loses invincibility in PvP.

Btw, when I say nerfs I meant this myth everyone seems to believe that witches can't keep up with the hp regen of bosses later on.

EDIT: Looks like witches are getting even more buffs in DnF. Not really necessary since they're already really good, but oh well. Mostly just some damage buffs I think, but there is 1 in particular I like. SA on swatter? Yes please.

Just something to look forward to in the distant future.
  9. saccharin That one crazy witch

what the fffaaccckk? SA swatter? holyyyyy...

that's PvE only, right? I would cry if that was SA swatter in PvP.
  10. Tempo Tasteless

Yeah I left out alot of the techincal changes to skills, That was mostly just for damage comparisons.
  11. saccharin That one crazy witch

Oh my god witches are going to be actually really decent. We'll have some superarmor to boot. I'm going to love it.
  12. Rawrrr Bitch.

This is the most recent patch. And I'm not sure whether SA Swatter is PvP too, I'll find out later.
  13. saccharin That one crazy witch

That would be kinda ridiculous if it was. Think about it, it'd be like an anti SA launcher, and with the bounce effect, it'd be like having a pseudo-SA-launcher.
  14. Tempo Tasteless

Was talking to other people, also could you give us your cubeless build rawrrr?
  15. saccharin That one crazy witch

I believe his befriend is almost like the one I posted, except with no dark, and max magic missile as well. Max light/ice/fire befriend, max lava/rain, max hodor, max AM, max MM, max EMM, level 15 jackyl for the boss attraction.

Rawr, does your build include magic festival at all?
  16. Gloomy dicks

I'm kinda disappointed in max EMM damage in PvP. Definitely not as good an investment as Swatter or Jackyl.
  17. saccharin That one crazy witch

I think the utility of swatter/jackyl outweigh EMM, partly because both jackyl and swatter get a reduced CD from their respective befriends, while EMM merely gets a range extension.

Sleeper EMM will do more damage than a swatter? Sleeper jackyl will do the same amount of damage as a swatter.

For me EMM has always been a snipe/stuffing rushes move.
  18. Rawrrr Bitch.

I have 5 MM, 15 Jacky, maxed all the befriends except Pluto, maxed Lava Pot, Acid Rain, Hodor, EMM, Shururu and Elemental Burn.

Gotta love those 2nd impact SP changes.
  19. firecraker Member

WDF why is it that the witch thread is so active o.o
  20. saccharin That one crazy witch

Cause we're OCD and cray

Oh wow, elemental burn too? That's a Lot of Sp investment...