Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Monk Discussion

Discussion in 'Priest' started by Jacky, May 8, 2010.

1. Jacky Hottest Asian ;]

Post all your monk questions here :D
  2. wraith Century Guardsman

3. Jay Garden of Eden.

4. wraith Century Guardsman

Thanks for the help. Anyone have any specifics on how Monk changes after Priest Patch? I think we lose individual weapon Mastery, but other than that I'm kinda lost.
  5. Jay Garden of Eden.

Xaqiri made a good post about the changes Monks get post-patch here.

is also a video of the changes.
  6. Ridureyu Old Man

Three weeks away, and I'm relearning how to punch again.
  7. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

8. Lifeless A Pimp Named Sandor

9. Jay Garden of Eden.

10. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Also, any specific reason uppercuts are left at 10?
    Is lucky straight punch cancel useful?
  11. Disowned Has a custom title >:O

Uppercuts higher than 10 launch too high with shadow clone on ( I know, I've done it plenty of times with my lvl 13 second upper.)
    LSP cancel isn't useful at all in pvp because:
    1. LSP knocksback.
    2. The pause in-between the start up of LSP would give an opponent a lot of time move away.

However I had it as a PvE monk and it was useful in conjunction with ducking straight for knocking mobs into a corner.
  12. Nimbo I'd hit it

Lucky straight is indeed useful in PVP, but the cancel is only gotten by those who know what they're doing. Of course after Priest Patch the combo I'm talking about is no longer do able considering the fact that Lucky straight punch loses it's launching powers.

/Does a juggle with Lucky straight and catches people when they launch with an exquisite and goes on from there
    I'm pretty much the only Monk on DFO who even does this.

About leaving your uppercuts at 10.. while you don't really have to do this and can actually continue to max them out (To whatever your liking) it's actually best to get used to low lvled uppercuts. Why do I say that? Because after Priest Patch we'll be EXTREMELY tight on SP and will need to lower several skills to obtain most of the new ones.
  13. Jacky Hottest Asian ;]

14. Ignoratio Turtle Hacker :o

I don't put chopping hammer or ducking straight on hotkeys on my monk, cuz its just x <_<. I have body blow and ducking upper on hotkeys for 1) because it's easier to use inputs for buff skills to save hotkey room 2) because it's easier in combos like xxxx - d upper etc
  15. Alan Ya u mad

How do you smasher someone and let go of them in front of you so that you get a chance to ducking blow?
  16. Alan Ya u mad

Would more attack speed help? Because if I switch to a scythe I can catch them with 2 normal punches before they get thrown.
  17. Ridureyu Old Man

Throw them near to a wall. They won't go as far, but they'll ramin airborne for the same amounht of time. That makles it easier to smasher them for me. Alternately, you canchopping hammer them for more air time.
  18. SpyydeR A Sharp Blunt Object.

just press x during the throw animation. If you're fast enough you can follow up with anything. Smasher > HnR is my favorite troll move.
  19. HawUdoin New Member

does weapon speed matter for monk after will driver?
  20. conewicci I dun goofed.

Yup.
    10char.