Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Grappler Thread - For Build and Questions

Discussion in 'Fighter Guides' started by HellMuT, May 10, 2010.

1. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

sorry for the double post, but also, what set should a pve grappler use?
    and what weapons?
  2. Rawrrr Bitch.

Gaunts for damage, tonfas for reduced mp use.

As for sets, just get ones with a lot of str and +levels for cube skills.
  3. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

urrr specific items please? I guess I could just surf auction house.
  4. Rawrrr Bitch.

Eh it doesn't really matter in 50 cap, just stack STR for your fixed damage grabs.
  5. Tempo Tasteless

Grabs dont get effected by the -mp use except for necksnap and something else.
  6. Rawrrr Bitch.

Tonfa graps tend to x more as well, so less mp used.
  7. Tempo Tasteless

STEREOTYPES.
  8. KKL New Member

My Level 36 Grappler's current skillset.

I have a sinking feeling that somewhere along the line I broke some sort of cardinal sin of what to take and what not to take.

I honestly have no idea what I was doing, so any advice on what to do with my skills? And assuming I had a reset available, where do I stick things? Pretty much have no idea what to do, so I spent the last eighteen levels picking things at random.
  9. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Are cancels even useful at all for pve? I currently have suplex one, but I'm not sure if I should get neck snap, spiral, or seismic punch cancel (can only get 2 of them). I assume neck snap is good, but spiral or seismic?
  10. Rhyth New Member

11. Gloomy dicks

You're a bro, so I'll help you out.

The best current PvE set for any class, is Holy Lat. In certain cases vanilla Lat is better, but generally, Holy Lat is best. Some classes get shitty boosts from these sets but nobody cares.

Holy Lat (light armor)
    26-35 STR
    +2 Air Steiner (+1 from top, +1 from set effect)

Lat (light armor)
    23-29 STR
    +1 Sliding Grab (from top)
    +1 Backbreaker (from set effect)

And before you say anything, no, they're not that expensive as far as I know. I got my heavy holy lat for 400-500k per piece pre-AH.
  12. Reibear Can I play with you guys?

Why does OP say "MAX. Like 50 points into it" about Quick Rebound? Can't you only put 10 points/1 level into it? It's probably useful, though, because it looks like items with + 1 Quick Rebound are significantly higher in price. I recently bought a slightly expensive (to me) jacket with it because it looked nice aesthetically AND seemed to be useful. In before wasted gold.

This is my skill plan, just putting that out there: http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...vCbxLfuWjwAkwBkvYfuKbxGfwIbwMlxMbuSixOgxNdwNc I'm at level 28 thus far. I feel like I should max fling, but whenever I hold a boss my gunnerfriend seems to just do standard shitty attacks to it the entire time.
  13. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

Lol its hinting at how useful it is you should overmax it
  14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Is it possible to XXXX cancel spiral in PvP? Or does the animation last too long to grab anything.
  15. Ring "...that's my role."

Why would you care? you never wanna lvl our grapplers ;-;
  16. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I was messing around with aradsociety and got curious. I'll ditch my striker to play grap if you want, but then I have to extractor her till shes half naked again. :eek:
  17. Ring "...that's my role."

oh lawd :3c well go back o nthe striker, gonna see if yumi;s stil lwaiting on me
  18. zellyen New Member

can anyone give me a template for a pvp grappler? 50 or 60 max doesnt matter (or both)

dont really care for pve since itll work somewhat for pve even its its pvp
  19. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Maybe you should just read the first post and make one yourself.
  20. SidTheSquid DeathByWaves