Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Battle Mage Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Shirobon, May 8, 2010.

1. Rdogg Code Kirin

Sounds like a plan i wasn't able to get lvl 2 battle groove in the planner but i assume they still don't have the 20 sp form awakening so that should be enough.

edit yeah this will work out tried it in asps i will have enough points even if i don't do the gad 2 quest.
  2. Tempo Tasteless

Wrong thread.
  3. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

lol for a sec i thought wth is this build...whered all the battlemage skills go ? then clicked all....nvm >_<
  4. Maniacholic New Member

My mistake! XD
  5. LtDrebin New Member

I think battlemage is my next class. How are they as a PvE character? I'm not interesting PvPing with her at all. Is the mp consumption manageable provided I'm not hit too much?

Spear or pole? Someone in this thread said that attack speed is extremely important for PvEing BMs, but no reasons as to why were given.

Finally, yay or nay on chaser generator?
  6. They're okay at PvE
    as long you're built for it
    You would use fire + water chaser (maybe fire and light, gives nice atk speed)
    Ideally like this
    http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...uEfvMk0TbuDk0UbuOsvJbuFkwVbwPbvPbuNfwQbwSbwTd

I've left SP for 2 additional chasers of your choice to max and also invest in a weapon mastery
    If you want dark chasers, you raise stabbing wheel to at least 5

Higher rank palm blast = more splash
    Full swing is upped to 5 because you might actually put SP into Teana transformation

You dont need chaser generator above 1 for PvE
  7. tec WTB> Super Armor Q.Q

Attack speed determines how well you can control a mob of enemies. If you don't have much dungeons are considerably more taxing.

The issue of pve as a battlemage is that they are a very weak weak pve class compared to some other classes. I hated dungeons on mine all the way to 48 (Bellatrix now so no more for me :D). Not to discourage you from trying. Some people are successful pve bm's, but there are definitely better choices for a dungeon character.

As to the build above me, fire and light are going to be your best bet. A point in water never hurt since it is defense. But it isn't as straight up needed as strength and attack speed are.

Also phase shift can be left at 1 for pve, not nearly as useful though it does add a bit of speed. At that point it becomes more preference than needed. Stabbing wheel is also a useful skill, so you might want to level it a bit more. It's cancel is pretty sweet to when you know how to use it, but thats definitely not needed in a pve build. A point in chaser press isn't... terrible... i use it in pve more than pvp (pvp its for buffing) because sometimes i just have too many balls and i like 5 digit numbers (record is 42k in tower :D).

All i got.
  8. Rawrrr Bitch.

I've made 2 PvE BMs, so I don't see why everyone says they are so bad at dungeons. Some of my fastest clears have been with a BM.

You don't need to stack attack speed, as long as you have some basic attack speed avas you'll do fine. Fire and light will be your main chasers, but I also maxed shadow for the crit. Level your chasers first, then level whatever phys skill you prefer. Chasers are a much higher priority.

As far as MP usage goes, the only 2 ways you will be burning MP fast is either getting hit a lot, or spamming chasers a lot.

Max both your awakening passive and active. Teana is absolutely godly for bosses.

Max Phase Shift. 21 second cooldown, 20 second buff. Need i say more?

As for Spear vs Pole, I would say spear since avas + light chasers give more than enough attack speed, and the extra reach on spears can be useful. But again it's preference.
  9. tec WTB> Super Armor Q.Q

Alright the Pve BM takes precedence over anything i say :)

But is the buff from phase really that great? For pve that is. When i don't have it on i notice it, but i don't feel like i do much better with it. Would the points in it not be better spent elsewhere?
  10. Bixlow Chill Cat

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/...0UbuOkvJbuFkwVbwPfuJnvPbuGluNfwQbwSbwTdxJbxIc

What I consider bare bones. After that, its preference. Remember to max one of the Masteries of whichever you choose. I prefer Poles, somewhat faster, higher hit rate but with less range and power.

My opinions, Chaser Press can be completely skipped over. I had it, I never used it. When I removed it, I didn't even notice it gone.

Full Swing and Stabbing Wheel Cancel are optional, though I would get Dragon Fang and Weapon Uppercut cancel definately to help extend combos.

I love Phase Shift. Level 1 is 30 second cooldown with 1 second of immobility after usage and +5% to move speed and attack speed when you grab the doll. Level 10 is 20 seconds, half a second of immobility after usage and +20% to move speed and attack speed after you grab it. The only downside is that Spirit Monsters can grab the doll as well and get bonuses.
  11. Rawrrr Bitch.

If you didn't max Phase Shift, the points would just go to another phys skill, which really don't scale very well. Besides, you can keep it up permanently with the 20 second duration and 21 second cooldown.
  12. LtDrebin New Member

I'm going to try to avoid getting hit, so keeping buff up permanantly isn't an option for me. Getting hit is inevitable, but I don't think maxing phase shift is worth the 180 extra SP, though I have no firsthand experience with a maxed phase shift.

Stabbing wheel does a very surprising amount of damage. At level 5, it does 266% along with an 857 damage shockwave, all on a 5 second cooldown. It also scales around 12% and ~100 damage per level. That's really quite strong for a spammable throw. Is maxing this skill viable, or is the interruption in combos too detrimental?

Now, about chasers. Is the defense buff from water chaser worth investing in them? What about shadow chasers? Shadow seems pretty strong (not to mention unique). I'm wondering if I go pole mastery than maybe I can skip light chasers and max shadow chasers along with fire chasers.

Finally, is keeping weapon uppercut at lvl 5 plenty for PvE? I'm also thinking of skipping weapon uppercut cancel and just get dragon fang cancel, as I'll be trying to use WU after DF.
  13. AlekianKnight Former Lurker

Can anyone tell me how to scrap well with a battlemage?

I'm trying to get better at PvP where I'm fine with juggling combos but I'm very poor at scrapping knocked down enemies (say I knocked them down with fullswing instead of up with Weapon Uppercut). From the DnF Pro videos I've seen, Battlemages are can do this very well but I pretty much suck at it.

Which skills/attacks beside Weapon Uppercut can hit fully grounded enemies?

Also, what's the best way to practice? I've been knocking down my practice dummies with xxx but it doesn't seem very helpful as they generally get up before I do anything else.

Thanks.
  14. Gaiety Vicious Yetituff

Weapon Uppercut, 3rd hit of XXX, Chasers, and anything that connects at the same time as your Chaser.

(Sorry I'm late, I haven't checked SSA in... maybe a month now)