Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

General Battle Mage Discussion

Discussion in 'Mage' started by Shirobon, May 8, 2010.

1. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

2. Rawrrr Bitch.

3. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

oh yay a more accurate source :3
    instead of just a videos x_x
  4. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Someone explain to me how to use battle mages. Period.
    I can't pve as one without dying atleast once soloing dragonoid or puppet so far.
    This is what I was answered:

Its level 20 so will it get easier later on?

I'm going to power on fire chasers so I'd like to know how well palm blast scales and should I get the cancel?

Where does the inv frames on uppercut happen? Or is that just noobs QQing in basic?

Is wearing just leather enough attack speed? I ask because more speed can change playstyles for some classes all together.

And I'd like to know for PvE what skills are best used for?

This is my build.
    I don't like pvping with her so I'm trying to make it pve. My plan ultimately is to use palm blast for smashing mobs into walls continuously. Chaser press maxed after 60 cap for both lulz and because I'm a chaser whore, so if your going to critique the build just over look that one part cuz I ain't changing it.

Thanks in advance.
  5. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

First max teana and the passive awake if ur pve.
    get no chaser press u wont find it very useful, because it uses all ur chasers and creates one atk(a shockwave) utility for pvp.
    GET EVERY CANCEL except for full swing which is optional.(you get the cancels bc we use xxx alot in both pvp and pve)
    why do u have 1 disenchant???
    you do not need phase 10 just get one for pve
    dragon fang is usually left at 5 + cancel(u can get more)
    chaser generator is not that much of a use in pve bc u can get chasers alot easier then in pvp get 1
    and yes in pve leather is enough atk sped *at least i thinks so >_<*

Can you explain how u are fighting with her o.o cause dragonest should be easy with that palm blast and mobs.

Your goal of slamming monsters in walls again and again wont work that well bc there is a 3 second cooldown but i think it will still work.

Decide what chasers you want by the buff and effect.
    Nuetral- Movement speed hitstun Water > Defence dragon fnag like hitstun Dark> Crit Implodes (like a mini blackhole but it does the ooposite of light instead of launching it pulls) Light - Attack speed and launching effect
  6. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Okay I took out generator which gave me a lot back, dropped fang to 7 cuz thats what it is right now, put chaser press to 1 cuz ima max it after 60 cap anyway, maxed teana and MAXED FORCE PALM AWE YEA
  7. Gaiety Vicious Yetituff

>Level 1 Light Chaser

Get out.
  8. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

No Fun Allowed.
  9. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

if u want atk speed...
    MAX LIGHT NAO D:<
    or gtfo
  10. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Phase Shift gives enough speed. All I honestly want is power.
  11. Rawrrr Bitch.

Max fire, light and shadow if you want power. BMs are one of the only classes that actually NEED attack speed for PvE.
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I knew it. Guess i'll max the other 2 after cap.
    Edit: fuck now sp is WAY too tight.
  13. Rawrrr Bitch.

Drop your skills to cancel pre reqs if you need to, max chasers are better than max phys skills.
  14. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

I noticed this after looking at their scaling.

Guh... How am I supposed to max chaser press like this!?
  15. Rawrrr Bitch.

Don't?

PvE as a BM is all about Chaser Launch. Not Chaser Press.
  16. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Then that would eliminate the whole reason I made a BM.
  17. Rawrrr Bitch.

You dun liek dem chaser launches? Anyway I'd wait a bit if you really wanted a Chaser Press BM, later on Neople will buff it a LOT in their never-ending attempt to encourage people to use it.
  18. Dice Dragon Level 46 Manzer Brodor

You guys are bad at using it. Proicio uses it just fine. So max that shit.
  19. Rdogg Code Kirin

20. Gaiety Vicious Yetituff

Looks PvE. I'm assuming you left 130 SP to get Lv2 Teana and Battle Groove, so you have 20 SP from Awakening (and 30 SP from Albert's g2 but let's assume you're not getting that) that's not accounted for in the planner. Consider dropping some cancels (Looking mainly at Palm Blast and Full Swing cancels) to get Chaser Generator to 5 since you're running only 3 chasers. You can link into Palm Blast and Full Swing via Dragon Fang cancel if you feel the need to combo into them. You can also drop Stabbing Wheel cancel if you wish; PvE doesn't let you use lingering hitbox to extend its reach. It could, however, be useful for grabbing an enemy out of superarmor to keep you safe.

Higher level chaser generator helps immensely with generating chasers so that you can launch every 0.5 seconds for maximum damage in PvE. Also, with level 6 Chaser Generator (level 5 +1 from Avatar or Conjuring Tempest set), you can generate 4 chasers from zero using only Chaser Generator while at the same time giving you a short window to transform into Teana. With only level 5 Chaser Generator, it will generate 4 chasers, but the 4th chaser will appear at the same time the first one disappears.