Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Dofus

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sie_Sayoka, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

[IMG]

Video:
    Site: http://www.dofus.com/en
    Genre: Tactical MMORPG

The game is around 5 years old and was originally coded within flash. Recently it has been converted to java. It is a French game that is being constantly updated. The gameplay is similar to Fire Emblem/FFT except it requires more tactics and strategy. Highly unique and refined this game would probably be on my top 5 MMORPGs of all time.

It has a very rich and colorful atmosphere combined with an almost comical style. I always enjoyed the humor of the game developers as they leave several Easter eggs around in the game such as parodied or reversed names of NPCs or the several penis shaped objects they arrange in maps.

Anyway I'm going to play with maybe 10~15 of my friends starting a little before Christmas time. We are all going to start new characters and create a guild on the less populated server. Most of us have played the game extensively before (myself included) If you are interested in joining just let me know.

Before playing know that this game is P2P but allows you to pay in game gold as an alternative. It also features a small F2P area where you can learn basics of the game and explore a small portion.
  2. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Looks okay. Though the P2P is a potential set back.
    If I have any room left I'll see if I can get it on my pc.
  3. Tepet ☆Sweet Lil' Poot☆ Lurker

Oh wow, a game used to play religously. You guys are in for a potential good time. If you ever need some tips and tricks give me a call. I might have some connections still on Rushu who'll give a great helping hand. Oh, and free tip #1 avoid aligning until 100-120. The headhunting quest will make pve hell.
  4. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

We aren't going to play rushu though. Also everyone there is like lv200 with 8 characters, it's really depressing.
  5. Archie Mexocan

Did I just see a unit actually push its enemy unit away from them?

I've been wondering for a while if there was a tactics game that had the sort of dynamic gameplay that lets you do that. Hmm...

I actually might be interested in taking a look at the F2P area (if I ever get a nice graphics card). Are there any other features unique to this game?
  6. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

I don't think you need very high system specs to play this game. It just uses 2d sprites and it's in java.

Well the gameplay is very unique, where each class has some sort of special function. There is no mana, and all spells/skills use AP (attack points) This game has an extremely good amount of dynamic gameplay where you can push back, dispell, AP rape, MP rape, buff, poison, trap, and do many more things. I'll go into some detail about each class although you should probably read more on the site/wiki.

Sacrier: Basically like berserkers, they have the highest HP and have skills where they get stronger by getting hit.
    Ecaflip: Gambler class, most of their skills have a 50/50 chance to do something good/bad.
    Enirispa: Healer
    Enutrof: Greedy bastards, they have the highest prospecting so they are basically the sorcs of dofus. (lrn2d2)
    Sram: Kind of like the thief class, they can turn invisible and lay traps all over the place.
    Cra: Archer fags.
    Sadida: Wookies, they have a lot of spells to reduce MP (movement point) general purpose class.
    Pandawa: They can carry other monsters/players on their head and throw them away. They also are alcoholics and can use specific spells while in drunken state.
    Feca: Turtle class, their shields reduce a large amount of damage. Also set glyphs that can do a variety of different things.
    Iop: The basic slayer class, they can do some awesome damage.
    Osamodas: Summoner, everyone gets pissed cause of the same reasons in DFO.
    Xelor: This class rapes all of your AP, they are also mummies.
    Rogue: New class that is coming out soon, I don't know much about them but they lay traps around.

All classes have around 20 skills, and there are several other skills you can buy from scrolls. The highest level you can achieve is 200, after lv100 you get a cool glowing aura and have the ability to obtain lv6 skills (Before 100 you can only level skills to 5) you also gain 10 hp per level as opposed to 1 pre 100.

If you want to play make up your mind before say, Dec 20 cause that's around the time I'm going to start. Again this game is P2P but you can purchase subscription with in game gold later on.
  7. Archie Mexocan

2D sprites? My comp doesn't have a stand-alone graphics card but it suffers whenever it tries to handle a full party in DFO in an end-game dungeon... So who knows?

so I end up soloing 95% of the time :p
  8. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Just try it.
  9. Tepet ☆Sweet Lil' Poot☆ Lurker

That's the sad thing about Rushu. It's fully developed. Well, not so much bad, just means you'll be left to your own devices much of the time. If the community is how I recall it, if you are looking for a chance to make new friends and all that, you go for a server that is both in your language, has a low-mid population, and isn't episode based.

Rushu though I'm loyal to if I ever go back. You can get pretty much anything there.

If there is enough of you playing together, you might want to divide up the professions amongst yourself. You are going to need a farmer and baker. You can also get an alchemist, which is just as good as baking. Don't go for any weapon smithing/carving jobs until you have a lumberjack and a miner who has a massive store of materials. Don't touch tailoring. Just don't. Even when it was made easier, it can take several months to even beyond a year to max it out.
  10. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

We know what we are doing :p most of us are lv 150+ on Rushu.
  11. Tepet ☆Sweet Lil' Poot☆ Lurker

I'll bow out gracefully then.
  12. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

You should join us >:O
  13. conewicci I dun goofed.

Ugh, played that game as a Pandawa, and it gets so freaking boring after awhile for me... Really fun though I bet if you can hang in there for the low parts, it's a really good game. I can help out with tips for like class things and stuff, if you guys need (probably won't, it's fairly straight forward).
  14. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Play with us :) Also pandawa is probably the worst class IMO. Like seriously.
  15. conewicci I dun goofed.

No way man, when you learn how to abuse Carry/Throw, you can actually duo the... Blop dungeon (I think that's what it's called).

At level 80, with your partner at level 65~.

Pandawas are a class where you need to get high leveled though for them to really shine in their damage departments and abilities. Also, they start off way slower than all the other classes.

Furthermore, at late game, they're close combat will be dealing the highest damage there is, since they have the best caps, and if you scroll them, then unlike other classes, it won't make it so after awhile you get to that 5:1 ratio and are wasting a bunch of points, it just continues at 3:1.

Also, Fecas are one of the worst classes, if not the worst. You need to scroll everything to max to make your shields actually really take damage, get a really good set, and even if you have fucking amazing gear and are fully scrolled and are really good with strategies, you'll just be around the same level as practically any other class if they didn't have amazing gear and weren't fully scrolled.
  16. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Fecas are fucking troll class. If you're int you can't do shit to them, and their rebound works like half the fucking time. Makes me rage.

Come play with us >:C
  17. conewicci I dun goofed.

I don't wanna waste any money, so I'm not gonna play. :v

If you subscribe for me then I'll play. <3 :D

The problem with Fecas, is that all you have to do to win versus them is deal more damage than their shields, which is easy, UNLESS they scrolled everything and have really nice gear. Rebound can be dispelled, iirc, which makes it useless versus Pandawas and stoof.
  18. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Their shields reduce a shit load of damage.

Also you too cheap, not sure if worth sub you o.~
  19. conewicci I dun goofed.

Their shields do, but once they reach the hard caps, their stat growth slows down (obviously), and so their shields end up reducing less and less damage (compared to the damage dealt). So after awhile, it might reduce around 1/2 the damage dealt, except for the turn where they have to recast their shields and are left to take 100% damage. That is, if not unbewitched (leaves them open). That would be nice, except that they won't be dealing the same amount of damage normally back to the other guy, so they end up losing.

While the shields are nice, they're a lot worst than the Iops raw damage, Osamodas annoying af summons, Pandawas map manipulation, Eniripsas heals, Ecaflips damage, Cras damage, etc.

From talking about it so much it's making me want to play. X.X But I don't wanna subscribe... >.< I'm 14 dud, 60 bucks is annoying as shit to fork up.

By the way, what server do you guys play on? Oh and also which character/element?

Oh yeah, and just so you guys know, if I do come back in, I'm a dragoturkey breeder, so I can hook you up with some o' dat shet. I was in the process of making an Em/Plum for my Pandawa when I quit actually. :<

LOL GUYS, MY SUBSCRIPTION STILL HAS 3 MONTHS AND 16 DAYS REMAINING~ YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

E.

... e.

Hey wait... have they changed it so that when you're not playing, it doesn't waste subscription time? Because if they have, then I'd definitely subscribe, and it explains why I have 3 months left.

Oh yeah, I should add that my highest level character was 81, and the things I'm talking about with Feca's were things I did when I got really bored and did little calculations on in my head, which I started doing because my high leveled friends said they wish Feca's were buffed.

Oh shit. They have Ogrines now. Didn't know about that... that means I can extend my subscription by getting kamas. Fuck yes~
  20. Sie_Sayoka Public Enemy #1

Nub. Highest 163 c:

Anyway yea I purchased a month subscription with 600kk on rushu.

We are going to play zatoishwan and we all gonna make new characters. Gonna start playing around the 20th, got contact info?