Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Differences with reality

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by BlanixTheBlood, Aug 3, 2010.

1. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Its not surprising that video games have things about them that make them break the rules of physics, but its still pretty fun to point them out sometimes. Pointing out real relations that make sense sometimes is even funnier depending on where you say it.

Getting the obvious ones out of the way, things like magic, mallet/trouser space, and infinite ammo. What else comes to mind?

Just want some movement on the forum while I wait for something to happen. :emoticon_yawning:
  2. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Strikers - I like how you can float and spin in the air and move towards me.

Grapplers - Dam woman you strong

Brawlers - You carry Mines on you? That probably isn't too safe

Nen - So you're just invincible when you stand inside there?
  3. Tempo Tasteless

Armor boosts your strength and can even make you faster if you combine certain equipment.
  4. HellMuT mite b cool

Gunners don't need ammo.
  5. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Shooting while airborne makes you fly backwards, yet shooting on the ground doesn't knock you down.

Swords lift enemies into the air instead of cutting through them. Gatling bullets juggle enemies in the air instead of ripping them apart.
  6. Archie Mexocan

Rangers - Scud genocide.

Launchers - Where the EFF do they hide their subweapons?

Bucken - He's in two places at the same time

Seria - She's in FIVE different places at the same time

Old safe - So you have a box that doesn't get off the ground, yet there's a limit to how much weight it can hold?

G.S.D. - His face kills stuff faster than his twig.

Rangers, Spitfires, Battle Mages - They move faster in leather than they do naked. Wuht?
  7. Holypie Mmmmmmmm

Some stupid berserker got up after 4 seconds of concentrated flames to the face. (Just an example I have nothing against zerks)

It takes me 0.3 seconds to build a robot that can run after an enemy and detonate itself with a facial expression :landrunner::landrunner::landrunner::greenlandrunner::greenlandrunner::greenlandrunner: This time can also be shortened my wearing a hat and a wig, as well as cloth clothing.

IT TAKES 0.8 SECONDS TO BUILD A FACTORY THAT PRODUCES ROBOTS THAT FLY AND SHOOT BULLETS AND CAN BE IMMEDIATELY BE REPLACED. THE FACTORY IS ALSO MADE OF GRENADE.
  8. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Artificer lol

If you hit golems enough with a stick in a blood frezy, they will start bleeding eventually.
  9. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

a pool of lava doesn't do neutral damage, falling rain doesn't do water damage
    befriend is a skill. Seriously, what, you bribe your familiars with skill points?
  10. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Yea..
  11. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

all the lolis are tsundere so we strong enough :3c
  12. ArtSlay _________________________

Rising shot. Shooting a bullet downward makes your opponent fly like a rocket.
    Head shot. Shooting at someone's feet and their head will explode.
    Launcher. I'm a NX whore I carry a gold safe with me.
    Bloody twister. My final slash is so strong it go thru my opponent as if he were a tofu.
    Zerker. I carry a gold safe full of bloody bloods, where do you think I get bloods from for skills like frenzy, raging fury, twister and outrage break?
    Frenzy and derange. Apparently berserkers aren't berserk enough, they have to cast some stupid buff to be one.
  13. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Bersekers are too realistic. Try again.
  14. Ridureyu Old Man

Try as I might, no matter how hard I uppercut, I can never create a tornado/
  15. AiNoMinako Poke Poke Poke

Daddy, what is that girl trying to do?
    Don't look...
    *how come this black cat won't freaking jump over there and jump back....I KNOW ill try throwing it :D *grabs it by the tail* AHHHh MEOW*
  16. ArtSlay _________________________

^ smiled :)
  17. Soltis Carried by Sandors

You really expect us to believe that Louise isn't constantly being used for sex by like, everyone? :V
  18. Krenuxi Narcissist

Upward slash should make a very deep cut starting at the groin/pelvic region and reach to the rib cage instead of boosting somebody upward.

Spitifres carry an unlimited amount of grenades but still take time to load them.
    People can carry 50kg+ (110+ in lb.) of random stuff and not be slowed down in the slightest.
    Thrust does not impale people.

And of course...handcannons...
    They shoot a little ball of smoke that moves with you if you backstep or were in the air. Real handcannons, such as ones used by the armies of Vlad the Impaler, actually shot bullets and required manual external ignition. They didn't fit onto your hand, and they had to be manually reloaded each shot.
  19. conewicci I dun goofed.

For Upward Slash, if the Slayer is strong enough, they can twist the sword so it isn't on the blade side, and instead either on the back or the middle, both of which are not sharp, and then literally lift the guy up. :V
  20. Villain85 Nightmare GM

Hitboxes on gunner knees
    By grazing my ass, I knocked you 20 feet into the air.