Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

DFOChamps: Do you think you're the best?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by liveordie56, Aug 9, 2010.

1. liveordie56 New Member

DFOChamps
    Do you think you're the best?

UPDATE #2 8/17: REGISTRATION CLOSED! SESSION HAS BEGUN! The first week will have the top two seeds fighting eachother for champion position! You must play AT LEAST 4 matches rather than 6 because of the small amount of registrants. Registration ends tonight at midnight! You may begin your matches then and you can report matches to me. I will be hosting a Room DFOChamps with password champs at 10 EST in the practice room on Tuesday, if you want a quick ref and quick matches done.

Registration Begins: 8/9/2010 (NOW!)
    Registration Closed: 8/17/2010 @ MIDNIGHT! PST
    Session Play Begins: 8/17/2010
    Session Play Closes: 8/31/2010 @ MIDNIGHT! PST
    Next Registration Begins: 9/1/2010 @ MIDNIGHT! PST

Table of Contents:
    1. Introduction
    2. Rules
    3. Instructions
    4. Top Players
    5. Rankings/Registrants
  2. liveordie56 New Member

Introduction

What is DFOChamps?

This is a league basically to see who’s the best of the best in DFO. It will also show who’s the best of each sub class. It will span across DFOS, SSA, and DFOP.

What is the prize?

Nothing but pride, you guys can feel free to put something up for grab during matches though.

The DFOChamps Format:

There will be 2 week sessions every other week to determine seedings. All registrants will be permitted to play at least 6 matches (YOU CAN PLAY MORE THEN 6 IF YOU WANT). EVERY PLAYER must play at least one player in each of the following seed groups [1-6, 7-12, 13-19], the other 3 matches you may choose who you want to play among the pool or seeded players. By sessions end, a ranking list will be formulated and the highest ranked of each SUB-CLASS will be seeded for the following week. The top seeded player can choose to play the champion for the title of the best DFO player.

Here is an example of how rankings work (only with general classes, not subclasses, keep in mind this tournament is for SUBCLASSES!)

After 2 week session, rankings:

1. Slayer1
    2. Slayer2
    3. Gunner1
    4. Priest1
    5. Gunner2
    6. Gunner3
    7. Fighter1
    8. Fighter2
    9. Priest2
    10. Mage1

Ranking for next session:

1. Slayer1
    2. Gunner1.
    3. Priest1
    4. Fighter1
    5. Mage1

Rest of players are unranked and must register again

Match Format:

All matches will be one vs. one, best out of 3, please refer to rules below.

What is DFO Prix’s timeline for each session?

1st Week

Wednesday: Registration (6 days to register for next session, during this downtime, 1st seed will play champion for title of champion)
    Tuesday: Session begins

2nd Week

Tuesday: Check Point, must have at least 3 matches completed or you are disqualified

3rd Week

Tuesday: Session Closed/ Rankings Formulate
    Wednesday: Registration Begins for next session

How are rankings calculated:
    Your score is calculated as so:

a win will earn you two points
    a lost will subtract one point.
    if two scores are the same, the higher win ratio will take priority meaning a 9-16 player will be ranked above a 11-20 player.
  3. liveordie56 New Member

Rules

This league will follow the Unofficial DFO League Rules (with credits to ziggeR), they are as followed:

Restrictions

Titles:All allowed
    Skills: No Active Awakening Skills allowed
    Weapons, Armor, Accesories: No damage reflection. No summon effects. No Epic Equipment, No Equipment over +10.
    Examples: No Stool/Chair, Gileimo, Charlies Necklace, Assaulter Set Effect.
    Items: Only Clear Cubes Allowed

If there is a problem with this while a Referee is not present, please send a screenshot to me.

Rules

1. No use of 3rd Party Programs, Being disputed and caught will result in league ban and match will be overturned.
    (3rd party joystick/controller key mapping programs are allowed if ONLY USED TO MAP KEYS)
    2. If a player is to lag, you guys are able to declare the match null and face new opponents, or bring a referee in to decide what is best done about the situation. If there is an argument over lag, please record match for both sides and/or screenshot conversation upload so ref can grasp the situation.
    3. If Black Screen occurs and leads to Desync or Tavern Ceiling Glitch, The Set must be restarted.
    4. The Barrel Mod, where parts of the barrels sprite is removed, IS NOT ALLOWED. All players must take screenshots during the Skill Load Round of EITHER sides with the barrels clearly visible. In addition, All players must screenshot upon being defeated and defeating an opponent

Basic Tournament Rules:

1. Any "BEST OF" Player must hold the responsibility to make all sessions, YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY REGISTERED FOR THE NEXT SESSION, if you miss one session you are considered on probation, missing two sessions in a row will result in the player losing his spot. (If you are going on vacation or something else, please send a message to me.)
    2. Champions must face the top seeded player in between a session’s end and the beginning of the next registration, otherwise the top seeded player will take champion position. (If you are going on vacation or something else, please send a message to me.)
    3. All players must meet checkpoint qualifications for amount of matches fought meaning 3 at a session’s half and 6 at session’s end, you will be disqualified if you do not meet the criteria.
    4. All Championship matches (matches against the champion) must be seen by a referee.
  4. liveordie56 New Member

INSTRUCTIONS

How to register:

Shoot me a pm OR post in the thread with your in game name and class during the registration period

How to arrange a match:

1. Contact the player in-game or through forums (forum name and IGN will be posted on here)
    2. Arrange a time to play eachother
    3. If you would like a referee to be watching the match, pm me or any other referee.
    4. All other procedures in the match can be decided by the players themselves( loading skills, etc.), it is always best to just comply with the procedure if another player requests them.
    5. if any dispute occurs, screenshot the dispute or contact a referee if they are in-game.
    6. SCREENSHOT ALL FIGHT ENDINGS, meaning when someone dies, SCREENSHOT!
    7. Report Match

(NOTE: I will be holding a room in the PRACTICE arena every Tuesday from 8pm EST - 10pm EST (times fluctuate) where you may hold matches and get matches done quicker).

How to report match:

1. Send a pm to me with all 3 screenshots from the match, who you were fighting, and who won (i can probably find out from the screenshots but tell me anyways.) .
    2. In order for a fight to be registered BOTH players must send a pm.
    3. If one side does not respond, I will personally PM that player if there is no response within 24 hours of another registrant PMing me results. If the player does not respond, it will result in a loss for them provided there is proper screenshots by the other side.
    4. Any Dispute there is, please PM Me.

How to arrange championship matches:

1. Championship matches will be fought during registration period
    2. Same rules apply to arranging these matches except with the bottom.
    3. PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH WHEN YOU DECIDE TO HOLD THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    4. A referee must be present at ALL TIMES.

Referees:
    Referees: CelestialXplsion (IGNs: Seikien, Gekijou), iPlayaRanger (IGN: Download)

If you would like to be a referee, please pm me!, you can be a referee AND a registered player in tourney, but you may not ref your own match.
  5. liveordie56 New Member

THE DFO CHAMPION: Vacant

Best Weapon Master: Vacant

Best Asura: Vacant

Best Soul Bender: Vacant

Best Beserker: Vacant

Best Elementalist: Vacant

Best Battle Mage: Vacant

Best Witch: Vacant

Best Summoner: Vacant

Best Nen Master: Vacant

Best Striker: Vacant

Best Brawler: Vacant

Best Grappler: Vacant

Best Ranger(M and F): Vacant

Best Mechanic(M and F): Vacant

Best Spitfire(M and F): Vacant

Best Launcher(M and F): Vacant

Best Crusader: Vacant

Best Monk: Vacant

Best Exorcist: Vacant

6. liveordie56 New Member

Seedings

Unseeded Registrants:

Unilliterate [IGN: IGottaCrit] - Ranger (Forum: DFOP)
    Prelude [IGN: Prelude] - Witch (Forum: DFOP)
    Sindelle [IGN: Sindelle] - Witch (Forum: DFOP)
    Tagi [IGN: Tagi] - Battle Mage (Forum: DFOP)
    zTravibear [IGN: zTravis] - Witch (Forum: DFOP)
    ziggeR [IGN: zigger7] - Monk (Forum: DFOP)
    individuals [IGN: ShutUppercut] - Brawler (Forum: DFOP)
    Jollibee [IGN: Jollibee] - Grappler (Forum: DFOP)
    damnn raymond [IGN: zEnjoi] - Monk (Forum: DFOP)
    Melfire [IGN: Melfira] - Elementalist (Forum:DFOP)
    Colonize [IGN: Colonize] - Summoner (Forum:DFOP)
    GhostZilla [IGN: kfo0z] - Weapon Master (Forum:DFOP)
    mazokezero [IGN: Janitor] - Summoner (Forum: DFOP)
    ZigZag [IGN: ZigZag] - Weapon Master (Forum: DFOP)
    DemHands [IGN: DemHands] - Exorcist (Forum: DFOS)
    Cobiwan [IGN: Cobiwan] - Weapon Master (Forum: DFOS)
    Trisomy [IGN: MultipleVit] - Crusader (Forum: DFOP)
    aethervii [IGN: MooCakes] - Elementalist (Forum: DFOP)
    BBQu [IGN: BBQu] - Ranger (Forum: DFOP)
    WizardOfOrz [IGN: WizardOfOrz] - Witch (Forum: DFOP)
    Juukes [IGN: Abelity] - Spitfire (Forum: DFOP)
    geenareeno [IGN: ITSOVER9000] - Brawler (Forum:SSA)
  7. liveordie56 New Member

reserved, just incase!
  8. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

I wish I could join, but I wont be on DFO for like 3 weeks.
  9. liveordie56 New Member

it's okay, this thing is ongoing, you can just sign up for the next seesion when you're back.
  10. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

Should we sign up even if we'll get our asses kicked? Also i can't really play dfo right now.
  11. liveordie56 New Member

i'd say it's worth it, there's no fee to register so yea, right now everyone that has registered has been from DFOP lol
  12. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

Stark rapes my sader and my asura still doesn't have a white heat. QQ I have no place.
  13. CasualHero New Member

include some price money or people aren't going to be interested
  14. liveordie56 New Member

well the thing is basically ongoing, happens every 2 weeks, so i didn't want to constantly charge people, and on top of that i'ts about pride being the best, really, and if i was to charge, would the money go to the champion or the person that placed first?
  15. CasualHero New Member

make them fight, the one that wins gets the money
  16. liveordie56 New Member

I am thinking about adding a registration fee and prize for the next session as only DFOPlanet people are registering lol
  17. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

The reason for that is because people from Anonymous (the only good pvp guild) post on that site. All the best players are over there. And even if some of them are here they post there too. Don't expect any from SSA.
  18. liveordie56 New Member

:-/ really need a way to draw in more people
  19. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

20. liveordie56 New Member

SSA is the only forum without a registrant :(, you guys still have 2 hours to sign up!