Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Brawler vs Nen Master

Discussion in 'Fighter' started by wickedbroom, Aug 9, 2010.

?

Brawler vs Nen Master

Brawler 7 vote(s) 58.3%
Nen Master 5 vote(s) 41.7%
  1. wickedbroom New Member

I need to choose between brawler and nen
  2. Heidi Member

You should probably say what your playing style is, and whether you're into pvp or pve =)

I believe Brawlers are the way to go for PvP, and Nens are the way to go for PvE *is currently making a PvE Nen now and afterwards is going to make a PvP Striker :D*
  3. wickedbroom New Member

Ya i am going for pvp
  4. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

If you get good gears it's easier to be a good nen in PvP. But if you want to attain a higher level Brawler has more potential. Unless you play like stream. Then it's a different story.
  5. Tempo Tasteless

Brawlers if you want to do insane damage, nen if you want to troll basic with your "top-tierness"
  6. Psycho K Kaeoseki

Definitely Brawler since you want to PvP. It's not that it's impossible to be good with a Nen Master in PvP; they're just not well built for it. Brawlers have higher HP and much higher physical defense since they wear heavy armor (I am not sure how this compares to Grappler's Light Armor + the physical defense part of its mastery). More importantly, they inflict loads of potent status effects and have a very good mix of magic and physical damage, both fixed and percent-based. Their weapon, claws, have the best reach of all Fighter weapons. You can expect very satisfactory damage from this class. Not sure how much it rivals Striker's damage though.

Nen Masters do not get many attacks. They can strike quicker than any other Fighter with knuckles, the fastest Fighter weapon. This is even more true if Stimulating Breath is active. However, this is only crazy with well upgraded knuckle and Tiger Flash. Do that to a Soul Bender and see them cry more. The only other reason a Nen Master would want to be that close is for Suplex Thunder and Lion's Roar (that has a bit more range, though), otherwise she would probably wants to keep some distance. She can zone pretty nicely and Doppleganger Blast is very annoying, but her overall lack of attacks and the weakness of her X combo (or any physical utility skill you may pick up) can possibly make things problematic. Nen Masters have slightly higher HP than the other cloth armor classes, but they don't have Keiga and Fear of Darkness, Exorcist's "territory", Phase Shift, or robots. So, if you're stuck in a combo, I'm pretty sure things are going to suck a lot. Floating Nen Flowers could "save" you sometimes, maybe. Spiral Nen doesn't get a mention since anyone that is not a Fighter probably has enough reach to not care about this; Fighters themselves have light resistance, so yeah.

Brawler has a more aggressive playstyle. Nen Masters traditionally don't seem to due to their lower durability, but you're definitely a cloth armor class that can play up-close and personal (is risky!) and throw people off a little. It still requires more patience though, because your Brawler self is most likely going to kill anyone faster save for Soul Benders.