Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Brain teasers and other thought-provoking things.

Discussion in 'Siusha's Tavern' started by saccharin, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Archie Mexocan

There is absolutely no way for there to be a definite answer to this. Infinitely smart, and infinitely logical among other related things implies that they know a definite meaning to life, and the lion's entire philosophy towards life and existence is what is going to determine whether they will eat the sheep or not.

But since there are 100 lions, there's a very good chance one of those lions would eat the sheep.
  2. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

That's debatable (the last line). If they're infinitely smart, they all know the consequences, which leads into the paradox mentioned before. Also the point is to attempt to guess at what might happen, with the knowledge we have of them. An educated estimate, if you would.
  3. Archie Mexocan

If they are infinitely smart, they would make sheep out of dirt, eat them, then magically turn themselves back to lions =p So I had to kind of assume that lions were just like human thinkers.

(Now, to define infinite smartness...)
  4. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Just thought about it but;

How long have the lions/sheep been on the island? Because if any of them were going to eat the sheep, wouldn't they have done it already?
  5. Archie Mexocan

We can't answer that because that would be assuming something that hasn't been stated in the OP =o
  6. Soltis Carried by Sandors

I'm so stupid. They already gave us the answer....

They just said the lions would rather eat grass than be eaten. The part in parenthesis only emphasizes that he would be EATEN AFTER turning into a sheep, not that they only start to think this way after turning into sheep.

So yea, lion smart. stay alive.
  7. Archie Mexocan

Lol, you were smart enough to catch that. This thread is 3 pages big and you are the one to find the answer...
  8. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Don't be so easily decieved :V I never said I wasn't smart.

I just spend alot of time in spam.
  9. Archie Mexocan

Que?
  10. Soltis Carried by Sandors

[IMG]
    "When you can't think of anything else to say~"
  11. conewicci I dun goofed.

This is a major point.

But, there are still other problems. One of them could simply wait till they were about to die of age (they'd probably be smart enough to tell when, with their infinite knowledge) and then eat it anyways.
  12. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Yea but you're assuming that they can even die by natural causes in the first place.
    I think they're basically saying they'll live forever since they have all the knowledge plus it says they can "survive" on grass and theres an infinite amount.
  13. conewicci I dun goofed.

Well now, those things you stated are assumptions. "3) Do not assume anything that hasn't been stated above." Specifically because nothing special has been said about their lifespan, they should be dying just normally.

Infinite knowledge doesn't necessarily mean infinite life, it's possible they are so smart that they choose to die at a normal pace, rather then defy nature and live as long as they'd like. Of course... who knows.
  14. Soltis Carried by Sandors

[hide=Soltis & Rhaeven AIM Chat]
    [/hide]

Basically to revise my answer; No, none of them will eat the sheep, but only because due to their infinite logic they know that none of them can outwit the others and not be eaten by another lion, and they will always prefer living off of grass to being eaten by another lion.

Also Rhaeven says be a pro and click the sheep 60 times ftw.
  15. conewicci I dun goofed.

Click?

But actually it's yes-one of them would, then the others would see it happen, and then it'd end. ;D

Also, I didn't read the wall. Got through half way, then, I realized it's just a riddle. So I was like fuck it. And yeah.

"Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one", while I find it hard to believe as well, if you think about it... it makes sense. Aaaaaaaand, Sacc doesn't have the answer to this riddle.
  16. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

BTW you're assuming they have a normal lifespan.
    And no, the lions may take the precaustions and try to avoid eating, and since each lions are infinitely smart, they all know the consequences. Meaning one probably won't eat before others, since they all know what will happen. But then taht starts the paradox.
  17. conewicci I dun goofed.

But it says that they'd rather not die as a sheep basically, and unless one is smarter then all the others, then no one would be able to trick the others into letting the lion live as a sheep, therefore... nothing would happen.
  18. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

But the thing is, they might not die for the sheep, but they may risk death.
    And they can't trick each other, but the thing is, we don't know if they are willing to take the risk, which in itself dances from low to high.
  19. Hiroshi dat smirk

The key is that they are infinitely smart. They will change the genetic structure of the sheep so it is not a sheep anymore but still tastes like sheep, will then artificially impregnate it and create a herd of false sheep. They can then eat the false sheep while not turning into sheep themselves while continuously raising more false sheep to feed on false sheep infinitely.
  20. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

Someone give this man a cookie.