Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

best tanker

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by CasualHero, May 24, 2010.

1. RawrBomb New Member

Won't the enemies go towards everone one else once they start attacking? Taunt ensures the enemies will follow a Brawler no matter what. Can't say the same for just poking the enemies with a wave and running around.
  2. Rawrrr Bitch.

I'm not sure you know what Murderous Wave is.
  3. RawrBomb New Member

I do, but I am under the belief monsters fall under an aggro system, like in WoW. Murderous Wave pokes enemies into following the Asura, but I am believing that once everyone else starts wailing on the monsters that the pokes of Murderous Wave won't keep their attention after the rest of the party deals over few thousand damage in a second. If this is not the way "aggro" works in DFO then I stand corrected.
  4. CasualHero New Member

you don't know what murderous wave is
  5. RawrBomb New Member

Radiates waves around the Asura that steadily deals fixed damage, like hurting an enemy with the sheer heat of a fire rather than the flames themselves.
  6. trisomy CrackSmokaa

How is is that crusaders were so easily overlooked.

Apart from having buttloads of heals,
    a move that gives physical invulnerability
    A move that gives ultra magic res
    Moves that increase HP

I simply have a hard time believing that any class except the crusader can outtank a crusader(granted mine has uber armor and accesories anad avatars that stack HP).
  7. FenixStryk Member

Level 15 Mana Shield is mighty effective, I'll tell you what.
  8. Rawrrr Bitch.

BMs are the ultimate tanks. Nuff said.
  9. CasualHero New Member

the problem is every other class will still get knocked back when hit while a striker with superarmor will stuff anything
  10. Kateya Pro Flame Kicks

I SAY PLATE ARMOR GUNNER! FTW lol jk!

I would say crusader. I find them highly effective and running around with plate armor is just to much of a + for them. BUT Meat Shield from lvl 18 outbeats everyone else. So far they clear dungeons and receive the least amount of damage. So better tank then any other character.
  11. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Soul Benders - Keiga (60%/40% p/m reduction) + 5% evasion, Ghost Step (ignore everything but status).
  12. saccharin That one crazy witch

How can you get to 15 manashield? You get +1 from top, +2 from weapon, and +1 from an armor set.... unless there are two pieces that give +1 manashield?

Regardless... cast level 15 manashield, switch to plate armor. Tada, you now have masssssive amounts of hp/defense
  13. Phil FML!

I'm gonna try and use the plate armor on my WM and see if I'm better :p
  14. saccharin That one crazy witch

Not possible. No one else has the ridiculous level of manashield that a battlemage can get.

Until mage/witch patch, that is.
  15. Zacewing Creepy stalker type thing

Actually, it's the Priest patch that removes the halved level caps on basic skills.

Also, I'd say Crusaders are quite the tanks. Huge defense/HP from buffs and plate mastery.
  16. saccharin That one crazy witch

Shows how much I know.

I guess I'm looking forward to the priest patch as well because then I can finally get level 10 manashield. and raep in pvp
  17. RawrBomb New Member

Will you have the SP for a level 10 Manashield? It may detract you from getting your higher tier witchy skills.
  18. saccharin That one crazy witch

Every mage puts up an extra 100 SP for level 10 manashield. It's an absolute necessity.
  19. RawrBomb New Member

Not for my Farmonner. Level 0 Mana Shield here. :3
  20. saccharin That one crazy witch

I'm talking about PvP, of course.