Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Best powerlevelling class?

Discussion in 'General DFO' started by ZandarEagle, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ZandarEagle New Member

I use my laptop to PL my characters often (and even use my sister's computer when she's not around) and so far I've been doing pretty good with my Summoner. Until I decided to PL with my Striker one day who was 2 levels lower and found to my amazement that my Striker is FASTER at clearing mobs than my Summoner! (they both have pretty shitty gear, so it's not a gear thing)

So, any classes which you think are especially good at wiping out lower levelled mobs? I'm hearing a lot about F.Mech and Berserker, but are there others?
  2. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Dungeon info would help, considering just about anything can rip through shadow thunderland lol.

EDIT: you say lowered leveled so I'm guess behemoth and lower; anything will work pretty much.
  3. Rawrrr Bitch.

Grappler. No contest.
  4. Ring "...that's my role."

Rawrrr's mom.

Or a berserker? :v
  5. Gloomy dicks

This. Grapplers can dish out shockwaves faster than anyone else.

Sure, any class will rip through lower level dungeons. But no other class can spam AoEs quite like a Grappler. When everyone rips through everything more or less equally, range is more important...
  6. NuMbA Light's Out

This. Zerks are awesome when it comes to dps and they have alot of aoe.
  7. Margatroid Extreme Fag (EXTREME!!)

Until their HP runs out. And until frenzy they're just a boring blade master that can't use beamswords.

Grapplers are still better.
  8. FenixStryk Member

Definitely a Fighter; my money's on Nen Masters since mana is less of an issue for them, but Grapplers are certainly strong as well.
  9. BeyondInsane 狂気

G3 Raptor clears rooms fast then switch to G2 Rolling Thunder Zap a group of mobs go back to G3Raptor rest of room and another room is dead. XD

But grapplers are great too. any thing with alot of AoE that can dish it out fast its good XD (may need mp pots LOTS of them) oom by room 3-4 usually if your spaming everything you got.

and a list of dungeons would help.

Grand Flores and Sky Tower? And Behemoth till 1st and 2nd Spine i assume.

oh and Asura's Murderous Wave in Grand Flores 0tech and 0style ftw on dungeon clear.
  10. Heidi Member

There's something I don't understand (I'm a DFO noob) wouldn't melee classes be taking a lot more damage than ranged classes making them good at power levelling, but really really expensive to power level on?
  11. BeyondInsane 狂気

A good high level char on a close melee class would not get hit much

OH and dont for get WM SST all day long 85% Style 100% tech almost always
  12. Archie Mexocan

The game made ranged classes generally weaker to balance that out. Besides, melee classes tend to be just as good with not getting hit because many things can't super armor through melee attacks, while they can tank through ranged attacks.
  13. MelodyInsanity {The Unimaginative Title}

And grapplers can own superamor neways.
  14. Gloomy dicks

Grapplers are invincible 60% of the time they're meleeing.
  15. BeyondInsane 狂気

pretty much why they are "Hold Slaves"
  16. ArtSlay _________________________

Most ranged classes have more power than melee classes.
  17. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Launchers are very, very fast at clearing low-level dungeons. Laser Rifle is effectively a full room kill at least through Outer Wall.

Berserkers are pretty fast/sustainable through most of Behemoth+ and would do well in places like Shadow Labyrinth because of their high hit recovery and lack of need to launch, range, or setup to kill effectively.
  18. Archie Mexocan

I just realised something I think people are underlooking. I know that higher ranks yield more XP at the end of each dungeon after boss fights. An ideal character for powerlevelling low level characters must not only do dungeons without trouble, but they would want to get the highest rank possible.

Overkilling everything in one hit won't get you a SSS >_>
  19. TheEnd187 Member

Brawler, just keep your poison level up and bring plenty of discs
  20. Soltis Carried by Sandors

Witch. spam EMM and scrubs = get SSS without any MP loss.