Welcome to Dungeon Fighter Online Forums!
A Dungeon Fighter Online fansite, based around the mechanics of the game.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Berserker weapons pros/cons?

Discussion in 'Slayer' started by Hlodwig, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Hlodwig New Member

Alright, out of four weapons 3 are considered usable for zerk.

Zanbato/GS: i like big swords and i cannot lie
    Pros:
    +Awesome damage for frenzy
    +hitstun
    +reach (it matters slightly)
    +Usually have boosts to berserker skills
    +Has Shonan/Rock Cleaver!

Cons:
    -Slowest
    -20%! extra mp usage and 10% cooldown on physical skills
    -run of the mill effects, one stone curse sword.

Bludgeon: speak softly. carry a big stick.
    Pros:
    +Second highest damage.
    +Bigger strength bonuses
    +More unusual and helpful effects (Poison, Stun, Freeze)
    +Faster attack speed
    +Has Elastica!

Cons:
    -Nowhere near as long as GS (matters only slightly)
    -Not as many Berserker specific skill bonuses
    -hitstun can leave something to be desired

Katanas: for the weeaboo in us all
    Pros:
    +It's speedy!
    +Extra crit!
    +Some of the best effects in the game (Heart Buster/Sha for example)
    + Cooldowns are lessened, unlike the other two weapons

Cons:
    -Damage is meh compared to other two
    -Hitstun is also meh
    -Range, mehhhhh!
    -Most bonuses are for Asura/Bender
    -Stat bonuses are poor towards STR

I know generally it's GS for PVE and Katana for PVP, but has anyone experimented with unusual builds? Bludgeon PVP/PVE, Kat PVE, GS PVP...even short sword?!?!?
  2. BlanixTheBlood Perfect hair

There is a few GS pvp and a lot of blud zerks I know.
  3. Skyson Let's rock.

I has a Bludgeon Zerk.

It's all about the procs, really.

I used a Chartreuse for 20-29, a cheap as hell level 20 pink Bludgeon that gives +2 to Bludgeon Mastery [for even MORE damage] and had a giant +Durability. Really, you don't need status effects to go nuts on Sky Tower, so a weapon that gives +2 to the mastery and essentially makes you hit harder is fine.

30-34, it's all about that Fish Stick. 3% chance of inflicting a random status effect on a target on attack. Freakin' wonderful. Stone cursing Wisps, putting Laser Cannons to sleep, GUARD BREAKING enemies to drop their fucking defense to 0 for x seconds, all of its effects are fantastic.

35-39 had two options. The more frequent one is the Penril Needle. I like it a lot. Poison proc + frenzy = bloody poisonous tick damage out the ass. Then an additional chance to respond to attacks with a poison cloud? Really really good. It had good offensive options and great defensive options. The other less noteworthy one is Black Steel Cudgel. It's an Average a.spd bludgeon versus the normal Slow, so it's actually not so bad. The only kick of it is that it inflicts Shadow damage, and that's right at Aphelia level. So, not such a great option. :/

Level 40-44!! I love Shauta's Axe Handle so much that I can't even describe. Frenzy makes sweet love to Shauta's Axe Handle. 5% chance to stun an enemy for 7 seconds on every attack. It's just... HAHAHA. It's so good, and it gives +1 to Raging Fury, just because. It's amazing. Heavy Barrel sucks and Fire Explosion is stupid as hell on a melee class, so don't even think about that shitstick. Shauta's Axe Handle or die.

Level 45. Elastica is the normal option. Average a.spd and +4% a.spd, and a random +1 to Upward Slash. I personally kind of like the Venom Spike, though. It's another average a.spd bludgeon, and while it only adds +1% a.spd, it has a poison proc. I forget if it's on attack or response to attack, but it poisons. While you're frenzying and causing bloodiness everywhere, poisoning things can't be too bad either.

I don't know what the lv50 bludgeon even is, but I bet it's sexy. <_<

Bludgeon Zerks. Trading some range for some funky shit. :D
  4. ArtSlay _________________________

One thing to note about the average speed sticks: It's the +aspd bonus that carries it to average, not average + the bonus. So the speed really isn't too good. Lv50 purple has a 2% stun chance on hit, should be superior/about the same to shauta due to higher stun level.

And bludgeon count as bash attack, which has reduced damage against certain type of mobs.
    Source: http://www.superswordaction.com/forum/showthread.php/1618-General-Mechanics-thread
  5. Deus flyingdogg

its all about machismo
  6. Revelus New Member

The Venom Spike's poison proc is on attack, and yeah, it's great.

The Level 50 Bludgeon, as Deus mentioned, is the Machismo. It gives Frenzy + 1. I'm personally a PvE GS Berserker, and I use this for a buffing weapon. All Berserkers should have one of these until we get Level 50 Unique weapons.
  7. VariousGuy Dead Guy

Machismo gives a point to frenzy and has a stun proc. What's not to like?

EDIT: Also, with the Fish Stick, Weapon Break doesn't seem to work on the mobs. I even let an enemy stab me when I casted Weapon Break on them, and I still took the same damage. Armor Break also didn't work well with me either. Must've been me, though.

Also, the burn and poison ticks on the Fish Stick are insane. 600 per tick on the Behemoth mobs? Hell yeah....wait...not the burning. The poisoning, however, do want.
  8. Ring "...that's my role."

I havea katana hell bringer the speed is so fuckign insane, Nexon is crazy for saying weapons masters are the fastest :3c but my dmg is kinda lacking at bosses in high lvl difficulties and Vilmark, so I have to rely on my cubes :l I think I could do better if I upgrade my Blood SKy sword to +10 ( the 2 percent bleed effect is amazing, since just like poison proc, it can proc whe nI grab somethign with bloodlust :3)

My summer package zerk was gonna be bludgeon...but I got my self a +12 Shonan and the dmg is just ... in-fucking-sane , it beats +10 rock cleavers by around 130ish piercing dmg :D and pvp my upward slashes do close to 2k dmg :l "Oh hey Im knocked down but I got a bit of HP le-upwardslash 1.8k ded- WDFFFMAN" and the hit stun.. I dont even need frenzy... its just mindless xxx standing combos into aerial into floorscrap combos :3

I also have a lvl 21 in-active bludeon zerk.... I dont know whether to check how many candles it takes to seal my shonana and reset to bludgeon or leave it as is D: I got the free lethe's bell on the 15 th...
  9. RawrBomb New Member

Damn. All this talk about Bludgeons being so status happy makes me kind of wonder if that would be better than the raw power and guaranteed Zerker bonuses of Greatswords.
  10. geenareeno Not gReenareeno

How much power we talkin? I really think great swords are the way to go. Unless you soloing kings. Then the speed is handy. But for run of the mill stuff, soloing masters, experts, partying kings, damage and hitstun is what you want.
  11. Zerker New Member

I used to be a katana/gs zerk, but I've found a liking to bludgeons because of their damage, and low pricing.
    For pvp, I start out with a katana because its easier to juggle/approach pre-frenzy, and it also has a much faster casting time, which allows the opponent less time to catch me. After frenzy, I switch to my machismo/elastica after i land a launching move for a strong combo.
    For pve, I don't have a good gs, so I stick with my machismo for the frenzy buff, and the damage (surpasses rock cleaver dmg). I've found that blue gs/ones that don't add aspd are way too slow to handle a large amount of mobs well.
    For pve, with frenzy+derange on (above bloody cross hp), my normal hits are about 1.5k per slash (+0 machismo), for pvp against people with under +10 equips full set, it hits between 700-1.2k.
  12. MasPan Shi-SHAW!

Bludgeons - have the only +Frenzy weapon thus far (unless I'm forgetting one?)
    Every Berserker regardless of weapon mastery should pick up a Machismo for casting Frenzy at the start of a dungeon.
  13. RawrBomb New Member

How much are they currently? I guess I should also get a Frenzy top, and stack the two for maximum HP gains?
  14. Ring "...that's my role."

bought mine for 150k 2 days ago. lol they are around 180k in AH.
    Yes get the top I got one too XD since I have a north myre speed set I dont know if I should invest in the gore brass set to get +13 frenzy then switch back to my speed set... I know the new set gives even better bonuses and all but I just want the lvl 13 frnenzy, max heal is 150 and drain is like 93 per 20 seconds.... what do we have to do to get max heal always? I never figured it out....in low lvl dungeons I get less HP drain than my lvl dungeons..

I currently have like 21 or 22 aspd stacked on my GS zerk ( the one with the +12 shonan) the dmg is amazing but yeah ... mobs are just painful to deal with I have to keep canceling attacks or I die. I tried fighting with my machismo in my katana zer kand mobbing is much faster than zanbato :l